Topics

moderated Outlook 2019 delete issue

Rick Mladek

Hi all,

hoping everyone’s Christmas and Hanukkah went well and your upcoming New Year will be as wonderful.

I am using Outlook 2019 with Jaws 2019.1912.1 with Windows 10. Windows updates current.

When I shut down my pc and boot it up either later that day or the next, I open Outlook to check emails. In the trash folder is other folders that I continuously delete. They reappear the following day when I turn my computer on. They just do not delete permanently for some odd reason.

Any ideas what to do to stop this madness?

Also, I’m curious to see what everyone’s thoughts are for the new Jaws 2020. I’ve not installed it yet due to so many troubles I’ve read about when first released. Let me know your thoughts and thanks again to you all.

Rick

If you delete folders they go to Deleted items but you have to go into Deleted items, then press Control + Shift + Tab to go into your folder list, expand Deleted Items and when focused on one of the folders you deleted bring up the Context menu and select “Delete”, only then will they go away permanently.

hoping everyone’s Christmas and Hanukkah went well and your upcoming New Year will be as wonderful.

I am using Outlook 2019 with Jaws 2019.1912.1 with Windows 10. Windows updates current.

When I shut down my pc and boot it up either later that day or the next, I open Outlook to check emails. In the trash folder is other folders that I continuously delete. They reappear the following day when I turn my computer on. They just do not delete permanently for some odd reason.

Any ideas what to do to stop this madness?

Also, I’m curious to see what everyone’s thoughts are for the new Jaws 2020. I’ve not installed it yet due to so many troubles I’ve read about when first released. Let me know your thoughts and thanks again to you all.

Rick

Rick Mladek

Yes, they continue to reappear in the Trash folder of which I continuously delete them. This has been happening for quite some time and every day, I delete these from the trash folder... How do I stop this?

[...]

I guess this may depend a lot on how your email account is configured, e.g. POP3, IMAP, Exchange.

I’d just call Microsoft Accessibility and ask them to take a look and see if they can figure out why this is happening.

[...]

I truly doubt a config issue. I am set with Imap, not pop. I’ve tried doing this and even with Jaws closed and as I open Outlook again this morning, those 4 folders again in the trash folder. I am very lost to this for this does not happen on or with my laptop which is exact with all settings etc. as this desktop I’m presently at. One of those computer mysteries I must accept...

[...]

Russell Solowoniuk

Have you tried first deleting the messages from these folders and then deleting the folders? Not sure if this will help, but worth a try.

Russell

On Jan 1, 2020, at 6:52 AM, Rick Mladek <hmladek@...> wrote:

[...]

Hi, yes, all folders have been emptied first. Thanks nevertheless...

[...]

Sorry that didn't help! Have you tried pressing Shift + Delete on the folder from within the deleted folder?

Russell