moderated what to do when told to control click on windows with jaws?

Jessica D <jldail13@...>

Hi,

I’m using Backblaze with the latest version of Jaws.

I emailed support, due to a problem.

They told me to control click a button.

How, with jaws do I do that?

Thanks,

Jessica

David Griffith

You may be able to get the same result simply by pressing the application key.

Technically if you need to exactly replicate the keystroke I think you need to invoke the Jaws cursor and route jaws to the pc  cursor – insert plus numpad minus in desktop layout and then hold down the control key and press  numpad slash  once to invoke a   virtual mouse click.

I would try bringing up the context menu with the application key first though as I find this unpredictable in results.

David Griffith

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

I’m using Backblaze with the latest version of Jaws.

I emailed support, due to a problem.

They told me to control click a button.

How, with jaws do I do that?

Thanks,

Jessica

Richard Turner

i did a web search for your question and found the following link. This may also be a link you would want to send back to the support people:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/40764939/jaws-execute-ctrl-click#40794588

Richard

On Dec 27, 2019, at 4:59 PM, Jessica D <jldail13@...> wrote:

Hi,

I’m using Backblaze with the latest version of Jaws.

I emailed support, due to a problem.

They told me to control click a button.

How, with jaws do I do that?

Thanks,

Jessica

Steve Matzura

Position the mouse pointer on the item you wish clicked, hold down the CTRL key and press the JAWS Left Mouse Button.

On 12/27/2019 7:59 PM, Jessica D wrote:

Hi,

I’m using Backblaze with the latest version of Jaws.

I emailed support, due to a problem.

They told me to control click a button.

How, with jaws do I do that?

Thanks,

Jessica

Jessica D <jldail13@...>

I,

How do I ensure that I’m on the item I wish to click?

I have to click the “restore options” button in Backblaze.

Thanks,

Jessica

Position the mouse pointer on the item you wish clicked, hold down the CTRL key and press the JAWS Left Mouse Button.

On 12/27/2019 7:59 PM, Jessica D wrote:

Hi,

I’m using Backblaze with the latest version of Jaws.

I emailed support, due to a problem.

They told me to control click a button.

How, with jaws do I do that?

Thanks,

Jessica

Richard Turner

Jaws should say what you are on.

You should be able to tab to it or use the left or right arrows, but if you can tab to it, that will be the best way to know you are on the right item.

If it doesn’t say anything, then you are stuck.

Richard

🖖 Live long and prosper

Position the mouse pointer on the item you wish clicked, hold down the CTRL key and press the JAWS Left Mouse Button.

On 12/27/2019 7:59 PM, Jessica D wrote:

Hi,

I’m using Backblaze with the latest version of Jaws.

I emailed support, due to a problem.

They told me to control click a button.

How, with jaws do I do that?

Thanks,

Jessica

Adrian Spratt

It’s a good question. As a button, you should be able to reach it by pressing the letter “b.” If “b” does get you there, I’d feel confident you’ll click the right control.

If that doesn’t work, another way is to move the JAWS cursor to the PC cursor when you have focus on the restore button. You do this by pressing insert and the JAWS key together on the numpad. If all goes well, JAWS will confirm that focus remains on that button. In that case, stay with the JAWS cursor but activate the button by pressing insert-PC (plus) button on the numpad.

I’m a bit foggy on this last one, but tabbing or arrowing with the touch cursor might also get you to the restore button. That’s shift-PC cursor. You get out of the touch cursor by pressing the PC cursor twice.

If none of these techniques works, you might post again with an explanation of what’s happening when you try to work with this control.

Position the mouse pointer on the item you wish clicked, hold down the CTRL key and press the JAWS Left Mouse Button.

On 12/27/2019 7:59 PM, Jessica D wrote:

Hi,

I’m using Backblaze with the latest version of Jaws.

I emailed support, due to a problem.

They told me to control click a button.

How, with jaws do I do that?

Thanks,

Jessica

And if the Jaws cursory reads it, you can simply go there wit the Jaws cursor, press Control and then click the button. You could also try Control + Enter, it may or may not work, but you won’t know until you try.