moderated Optik Book scanner

Marilyn Bland <tinkerbelltx@...>

Hello all,

Someone is highly recommending this scanner. I'm trying to research it, but wonder what the correct search-term for it is. I have found the words given as one word, two words, words both capitalized and not, with + in front of it, and all with different prices and features. The one I'm looking for is specially for scanning books, and has only 3 buttons: black/white, color, and "Go."

I would appreciate any information anyone can share. Many thanks.

Marilyn

Tom Lange

Hi,
Years ago there was a product called a Plustek Opticbook 3600 book edge scanner. It’s claim to fame was a scanner bed which extended all the way to its front edge, thus allowing you to place the book’s binding right on the edge and lay pages completely flat. You get none of the typical “shadowing” associated with lying a book face-down and trying to get the very inside edges of the pages near the binding to scan accurately. It was a great concept.

Unfortunately I don’t think that product is still around.

On Dec 25, 2019, at 6:54 PM, Marilyn Bland <tinkerbelltx@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

Hello all,

Someone is highly recommending this scanner. I'm trying to research it, but wonder what the correct search-term for it is. I have found the words given as one word, two words, words both capitalized and not, with + in front of it, and all with different prices and features. The one I'm looking for is specially for scanning books, and has only 3 buttons: black/white, color, and "Go."

I would appreciate any information anyone can share. Many thanks.

Marilyn

Richard Turner

This looks like the one you were looking for. Spelled slightly differently in that OpticBook is written as one word and has a c rather than a k in the Optic part of the name.
There is another source I found below this one. I have no personal knowledge of either one of these.

This one is another I found searching for the Reading Edge which was the state of the art edge scanner over 30 years ago.

Richard

On Dec 25, 2019, at 3:54 PM, Marilyn Bland <tinkerbelltx@...> wrote:

Hello all,

Someone is highly recommending this scanner. I'm trying to research it, but wonder what the correct search-term for it is. I have found the words given as one word, two words, words both capitalized and not, with + in front of it, and all with different prices and features. The one I'm looking for is specially for scanning books, and has only 3 buttons: black/white, color, and "Go."

I would appreciate any information anyone can share. Many thanks.

Marilyn

jredlichspeaks@...

I had one of those, and it was a great scanner. but it doesn't work with windows ten.
Judy

[...]

John Covici

hmmm, I have been using it with Windows 10, however I am sure I had to
do some funkiness with the driver, but its been a long time and I
forget what happened -- maybe their tech support can help.

On Thu, 26 Dec 2019 11:26:20 -0500,
jredlichspeaks@gmail.com wrote:

[...]

How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@ccs.covici.com

Dean Martineau <topdot@...>

I have the Plustek Opticbook 4800, faster and does work with Windows 10 without difficulty.

[...]

patrick.kwanashie@...

I am using the Plustek Opticbook 3800 on my Windows 10 machine. I bought it last year.