moderated How does speech and sound scheme really work?

Leo

hello everyone,

well this is driving me absolutely insane, at first I thought it was not going to be any difficult, so I ventured myself into the settings. After a while I noticed that I needed to read some instructions, so I googled and found some web sites, including freedom scientific web site where I could find what I was looking for. However, whether I thoroughly follow instructions or I try to use a bit of common sense and logic I just cannot make this speech and sound scheme feature work for me.

all I want to do is having jaws playing a sound every time it finds an attribute on a word.

Since I have tried it for a while, I would really appreciate if someone explains it for me as if I were a  seven year old kid lol

I'm using jaws 2020 and Microsoft office 2019, thanks in advance for any help.

--
Best,
   Leo.

Mike B

Hi Leo,

These are your choices of attributes you can adjust in speech & sound schemes.  Knowing what you want to change would help to help you.

Attributes Page
 Default, Behavior: Ignore

Grammar Behavior: Speak attribute, Data: Using MessageVoice

Hyperlink Behavior: Speak attribute, Data: Using MessageVoice

Invalid Behavior: Speak attribute, Data: Using MessageVoice

 MisSpelled Behavior: Speak attribute, Data: Using MessageVoice

OCR Text Behavior: Speak text, Data: Using OCR Voice

Subscript Behavior: Speak attribute, Data: Using MessageVoice

Superscript Behavior: Speak attribute, Data: Using MessageVoice

[...]

Jessica D <jldail13@...>

Hi
I apologize that my question is off topic, but who came up with the quote at the end of your email?
It's helarious!

Thanks,
Jessica

On Dec 23, 2019, at 8:15 PM, Mike B <mb69mach1@...> wrote:

[...]

Hi Jessica,

To be honest, I read it somewhere, but I don't recall where.  It's been quite awhile ago.  I'm sure it's a quote by someone, but I just don't know who or I would give them the credit.

[...]

Michael Munn

The Speech and sound scheme was a feature that was introduced in 2003 in Jaws 5.0. It is like a virtual proofreader. You can Press Insert+Ault+S to bring up the list of Speech and Sound options. and customize how ever the way you want it to read your screen.
Thanks for asking.
Best Regards
Michael Munn

Kendra Schaber <kschaber@...>

Hi all!
What ever happened to the suggestions list on the spell checker for Word? I like the speech aspects of the proof reader but that suggestions list is a tool I need to survive my writing requirements in the mainstreme world.

Ass the result of attending school, I have discovered that Writing is one of my gifts. On the other hand, I have eighth grade spelling. Because of my eighth grade spelling, I’m currently working on improving my spelling where it is possible.
Thank you for taking the time to read this email!
 Blessed Be!
Kendra Schaber
Vice-President of the Oregon Association of Blind Students(ORABS)
Oregon Association of Blind Students(ORABS)
National Federation of the Blind of Oregon (NFB-O)
(503) 599-9991
redwing731@...
Kschaber@...
One Minute Message:
NFB Pledge:
I pledge to participate actively in the effort of the National Federation of the Blind to achieve equality, oppertunity, and security for the blind; to support the policies and programs of the Federation; and to abide by its constitution.

Go Detroit, Red Wings! Go Pittsburgh, Penguins! Go Portland, Winterhawks! Go Baltimore, Oriels! Go Baltimore, Ravens! Go Oregon State Beavers, baseball and football teams!
“When the student is ready, the teacher will appear”, Author Unknown.

From: Mike B [mailto:mb69mach1@fastmail.com]
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>
Date: Monday, December 23, 2019, 8:50 PM
Hi Jessica,
To be honest, I read it somewhere, but I don't recall where.  It's been
quite awhile ago.  I'm sure it's a quote by someone, but I just don't
know who or I would give them the credit.

Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement.  In
the end you have to ignore everything, & click I agree.

On Dec 23, 2019, at 8:15 PM, Mike B <mb69mach1@fastmail.com
<mailto:mb69mach1@fastmail.com>> wrote:

[...]

Richard Turner

I searched for quotes by eyden I and found this:
“Arguing with a woman is like reading the Software License Agreement. In the end, you ignore everything and click I agree.” Eyden I.,
Kiss Friendzone Goodbye
From: https://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes/15746604.Eyden_I_

So, Mike, you can add the attribution to your quote.

Later,

Richard

🖖 Live long and prosper