From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jaffar Sidek
Sent: December 19, 2019 10:56 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Kill jaws process completely

Hi. What is the key stroke to completely kill of the Jaws process? I know there is a way but I forgot as it was told me years ago. Thanks and cheers!

Mike B

Hi Jaffar,

The steps below are for an older version of Jaws, but hopefully they'll give you a shove in the right direction:

hello;

if your using jaws15,
you will find the jaws kill at:

"C:\Program Files\Freedom Scientific\Runtime JAWS\15.0\JFWKill.exe"

if you really need to you could create shortcut to desktop,

the windows-key+insert-key+f4=kil/unload jaws from memory.

Desktop Icon Steps:
hello;

if your wanting to create shortcut fror,

"C:\Program Files\Freedom Scientific\Runtime JAWS\15.0\JFWKill.exe"

1, desktop;

2, ctrl+spacebar making sure there is no icon selected,

3, press applications key, or shift f10,

up or down arrow and enter on,
new sub-menu,

4, arrow and enter on, new shortcut,

your now being asked,
Type the location of the item:
here you would type in:

"C:\Program Files\Freedom Scientific\Runtime JAWS\15.0\JFWKill.exe"

5, tab next enter,

here your being asked to give the shortcut a name,
you will see,
"C:\Program Files\Freedom Scientific\Runtime JAWS\15.0\JFWKill.exe"
you can change this to killjaws, or whatever you wish, now tab finish, press
enter.

heck you could even create an hotkey if your little heart desires.
David

Sent: Thursday, December 19, 2019 7:55 PM

Hi. What is the key stroke to completely kill of the Jaws process? I
know there is a way but I forgot as it was told me years ago. Thanks
and cheers!

Marty Hutchings

What is the point of Kill JAWS?  You can just hit JAWS Key plus F4 to exit JAWS, or remove it completely through the Control Panel Add/Remove Programs.

Love in Christ
Marty
Ephesians 6:12, 13

Sent: Thursday, December 19, 2019 7:55 PM

Hi. What is the key stroke to completely kill of the Jaws process? I
know there is a way but I forgot as it was told me years ago. Thanks
and cheers!

Marten Post Uiterweer

Jaffar,

Ins-f4 to shutdown jaws.
ins-win-f4 to kill the process.

Regards, Marten

On Fri, 20 Dec 2019 11:55:36 +0800 "Jaffar Sidek" <jaffar.sidek10@...> wrote:

Hi.  What is the key stroke to completely kill of the Jaws process?  I know there is a way but I forgot as it was told me years ago.  Thanks and cheers!

Richard Turner

I only have Jaws 2018, 2019, and 2020 and there is no file on my hard drive called jfwkill.exe.

I did a search of my C drive and found nothing.

So, I think things have changed enough that the JFWkill.exe is no longer used.

Richard

🖖 Live long and prosper

Hi. What is the key stroke to completely kill of the Jaws process? I
know there is a way but I forgot as it was told me years ago. Thanks
and cheers!

JM Casey

Hi.

Well, Jaffar doesn’t want to *remove* jaws from the computer via control panel – he could kill the processes using task manager.

Yes, insert-f4 works *most of the time*, but if JAWS is already unresponsive for some reason, it may not/may leave thigns behind. There is more than one process associated with JAWS on most computers. I believe I have at least three or four – the main jaws programme, a synth executable, the oCR software, and maybe something else (not checking task manager right now).

Sent: Thursday, December 19, 2019 7:55 PM

Hi. What is the key stroke to completely kill of the Jaws process? I
know there is a way but I forgot as it was told me years ago. Thanks
and cheers!

Jaffar Sidek

Hi.  When you unload Jaws,  sometimes the Jaws Instigated processes such as JHook and the Jaws come server still stays active in the background, unnecessarily consuming and hogging computer resources needed for other operations.  Applications that need Intensive processing capabilities such as Digital Audio Work Stations, especially those that rely on Jaws scripts for propper access cannot function propperly unless the whole of jaws is freshly started, hence the need to kill the leftover processes.