Topics

moderated Creating a contact group Outlook 2016 JAWS2020

Shai

Hello all,
After trying to add some members to a contact group in outlook 2016, I
notice that when I try to arrow down JAWS does not announce the list
of members.
This is in Outlook 2016 retail version if this makes a difference.
Does anyone have a work around? I tried refreshing the screen and
tabbing forward and back to the members area but when I do this, JAWS
still has difficulty announcing the members. I also used the JAWS
cursor and I am able to see all the members this way using up and down
arrow keys but I can not remove a member this way.

Thank you in advance for any responses.

Tom Behler

Shai:

I'm having these exact same issues as well with my version of Outlook 2016 in Office 365.

I contacted Freedom Scientific about this, and they say these are known issues.

I'm also now having trouble even reading down my list of contacts, which I did not have previously.

I'd urge yu to call Freedom Scientific about this, so that they are aware of how many people these issues are affecting.

Tom Behler

After trying to add some members to a contact group in outlook 2016, I notice that when I try to arrow down JAWS does not announce the list of members.
This is in Outlook 2016 retail version if this makes a difference.
Does anyone have a work around? I tried refreshing the screen and tabbing forward and back to the members area but when I do this, JAWS still has difficulty announcing the members. I also used the JAWS cursor and I am able to see all the members this way using up and down arrow keys but I can not remove a member this way.

Thank you in advance for any responses.

Hi Shai,

I'll tell you what I do with contact groups but since I'm running Outlook 2010 on a Windows 7 computer with Fusion 2019, your results could differ substantially.

I find the easiest way to edit contact groups is to first make sure that anyone I want to add to a group is first added to my contacts. Then, I start a new email message, execute the To button next to the email address field, and then type the contact group name. I place focus on that contact group name in the search results and then press shift + F10 to open a context menu where I select properties. This presents the list of those currently in the group. I tab once which takes me into the list and when I arrow up and down, Fusion/JAWS reads the members. I then select the add member icon from the ribbon bar where I search for the new contact I want to add to the group.

I hope this helps a bit.

Alan Lemly