Topics

moderated DVS on TV

Don Walls

Sieghard, when I went back and found your previous emails from quite a while ago, I figured it out.  I need to make sure that virtual cursor is off, then just press d.  Thanks for your help with this.

I hope you’re having a good day.  No doubt work is busier with the Christmas season!

Don

I am leaving for work now and won’t be back for 10 hours, you can email me directly at sieghard@... if you want.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Don Walls
Sent: Tuesday, December 17, 2019 11:24 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: DVS on TV

Recently I’ve found that I can’t turn on descriptive video service (DVS) on CBC TV programs via internet.  I used to use JAWS key and z.  Now that toggles visual cursir on and off but no DVS.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  Thanks.

Don

Jaws Key + Z always toggled the virtual cursor on and off as far back as I can remember.

If the CBC uses this as a shortcut then have you tried it after using pass key through? This would be Jaws Key + 3 on the number row, then immediately afterwards without pressing anything else press Jaws Key + Z.

If this doesn’t work give me a better example of where you go and what you used to do and I can take a look.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Don Walls
Sent: Tuesday, December 17, 2019 11:24 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: DVS on TV

Recently I’ve found that I can’t turn on descriptive video service (DVS) on CBC TV programs via internet.  I used to use JAWS key and z.  Now that toggles visual cursir on and off but no DVS.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  Thanks.

Don

Don Walls

Don