From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of David Ingram
Sent: Saturday, December 14, 2019 5:41 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Do you have to go online in order to increase your dropbox storage size?

Hi list members, I've forgotten if I have to go online in order to increase my storage size for dropbox. Thank you for any information that you might have concerning this question.

Edward Green

Hi Sieghard,

You get 2TB on Dropbox's first tier payment plan not 1 as with OneDrive and Office 365.

Cheers,

Ed

On 14 Dec 2019, at 15:09, Sieghard Weitzel <@Sieghard> wrote:

You do and it is of course not free. I believe it is something like $100 a year.
You can get Office 365 for less than that for personal use and in addition to giving you a license for the full Office suite the subscription also includes 1 Tb of OneDrive storage which is what you get with Dropbox if you pay.
OneDrive works much like Dropbox and since I have the Office 365 subscription I certainly don't see any need to pay Dropbox as well. I still have my free account with I think 11 or 12Gb of storage, but only use it from time to time.

Regards,
Sieghard

Hi list members, I've forgotten if I have to go online in order to increase my storage size for dropbox. Thank you for any information that you might have concerning this question.

Hi Edward,

You are correct, I hadn't checked this in some time. But I am also 99.9% certain that this was not always the case and it is quite possible that Microsoft's competitive Office 365 option may have caused Dropbox to increase their plan from 1 to 2 Tb and of course storage continues to decrease in cost as well. Anyways, thanks for pointing this out, if somebody did need more than 1 Tb then Dropbox Plus or Dropbox Professional which apparently offers 3 Tb would be a good option.