moderated JFW system tray icons

Marty Hutchings

Hay Guys,  For a while now, I have noticed that I have 2 system tray icons for JAWS on my system tray, but now I have 4 of them.  I also have 2 iCloud icons.  Why would I have duplicates and how do I get rid of the extra icons?  I only have 2 versions of JAWS installed.

Nermin

Hi Marty,

I would assume that JAWS got stuck and restarted itself at some point, leaving its old icon in the system tray. Press enter on one of the icons. if it’s the “Dead” instance, the icon should clear away. I don’t really know why Windows does not have an automated way of clearing phantom icons on its own.

Regards,
Nermin

Steve Matzura

I'm nopt even sure it's a Windows problem. I've had phantoms in the system tray that those with sight say they can't see. I wonder if simply restarting JAWS would clear those phantoms.