Topics

moderated table row number

tom x

Hi,

Prior to installing the latest Jaws 64 bit update a few days ago, Jaws would read the row position in a web based table as  I arrowed    up the column but since the update, Jaws no longer gives this information.

Can someone inform me which settings need to be changed so once more Jaws can give this info?

Thanks

Tom

george b

Go to system settings with insert/jaws key and 6 on the number row

Choose defalt settings

Tab to you hear users and arrowdown to internet…, I do not remember the entire string but it is the only in the list which starts with interned, hit enter and arrow down to tables and hit enter, and arrown down once to

 Tables… and arrow right once and arrow down once to all

Close the system settings and it will ask you to save and choose yes

Prior to installing the latest Jaws 64 bit update a few days ago, Jaws would read the row position in a web based table as  I arrowed    up the column but since the update, Jaws no longer gives this information.

Can someone inform me which settings need to be changed so once more Jaws can give this info?

Thanks

Tom

fenderwal@...

Is this a feature new to JAWS? I navigated the tree view and the closest thing I found to internet is Web/ PDF.

Prior to installing the latest Jaws 64 bit update a few days ago, Jaws would read the row position in a web based table as  I arrowed    up the column but since the update, Jaws no longer gives this information.

Can someone inform me which settings need to be changed so once more Jaws can give this info?

Thanks

Tom

george b

When on that one right arrow to open and down arrow to the second choice there are only 2 and right arrow and down arrow once to all there is only 2 choices there also and hit enter

Is this a feature new to JAWS? I navigated the tree view and the closest thing I found to internet is Web/ PDF.

Prior to installing the latest Jaws 64 bit update a few days ago, Jaws would read the row position in a web based table as  I arrowed    up the column but since the update, Jaws no longer gives this information.

Can someone inform me which settings need to be changed so once more Jaws can give this info?

Thanks

Tom

tom x

Thanks for your reply George but cannot locate “internet” under the users heading or anywhere else for that matter.

Tables are mentioned under navigation but changing settings here does not seem to make any difference as far as I can tell.

Cheers

Tom

Prior to installing the latest Jaws 64 bit update a few days ago, Jaws would read the row position in a web based table as  I arrowed    up the column but since the update, Jaws no longer gives this information.

Can someone inform me which settings need to be changed so once more Jaws can give this info?

Thanks

Tom

george b

In a web page

Go to system settings with jaws key plus 6 on the number row

Tabe once and you hear users

Arrow once and you hear Web / HTML / PDFs

Arrow right once and you hear the same as above with open on the end

Arrow down to you hear tables and right arrow

Arrow down to you hear \\Tables\Web / HTML / PDFs \Table Presentation Information and then then press space bar and it changes to for all tables

Now quit the system settings and it will ask you if you wish to save the changes and choose yes and that should do it

Prior to installing the latest Jaws 64 bit update a few days ago, Jaws would read the row position in a web based table as  I arrowed    up the column but since the update, Jaws no longer gives this information.

Can someone inform me which settings need to be changed so once more Jaws can give this info?

Thanks

Tom

tom x

Thanks for your reply and instructions George.

I have tried all of the steps on numerous occasions but still cannot get Jaws to read the row position in a table while using the latest version released only a few days ago.

However, if I change to the final copy of Jaws 19 then the row number is spoken as normal.  It appears to me that something has been broken in the latest 2020 version.

Cheers

Tom

Prior to installing the latest Jaws 64 bit update a few days ago, Jaws would read the row position in a web based table as  I arrowed    up the column but since the update, Jaws no longer gives this information.

Can someone inform me which settings need to be changed so once more Jaws can give this info?

Thanks

Tom

george b

Tell me exactully again what you wish.

Prior to installing the latest Jaws 64 bit update a few days ago, Jaws would read the row position in a web based table as  I arrowed    up the column but since the update, Jaws no longer gives this information.

Can someone inform me which settings need to be changed so once more Jaws can give this info?

Thanks

Tom

Faraz

your changed settings are not working because you are not saving into default directory. to do that you should press control+shift+d after making changes into jaws setting center.

Faraz q.

--

With best regards,
Faraz q.

tom x

Hi George,

I need the row number to be spoken by Jaws when arrowing slowly up the table column. If arrowing up at a normal speed then Jaws skips the row announcement and just reads the cell contents which is the desired result.

Currently, using the Jaws 2020 version released in the past week, Jaws does not announce any row number regardless of the arrowing speed. The row announcement was  spoken under the final 2019 version as well as the 2020 version released in late October.  I made the settings in the just released version the same as the settings in the 2019 version but this had no effect. That is, after making sure the settings relating to “default application” and saved with shift control d.

After trying numerous settings, I have come to the conclusion that a bug has crept into the latest 2020 Jaws update.

I’ll contact F S and make a report early in the new year.

Cheers

Tom

Prior to installing the latest Jaws 64 bit update a few days ago, Jaws would read the row position in a web based table as  I arrowed    up the column but since the update, Jaws no longer gives this information.

Can someone inform me which settings need to be changed so once more Jaws can give this info?

Thanks

Tom

tom x

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, control shift d has been used to save the settings but did not have any effect.

Cheers

Tom

Prior to installing the latest Jaws 64 bit update a few days ago, Jaws would read the row position in a web based table as  I arrowed    up the column but since the update, Jaws no longer gives this information.

Can someone inform me which settings need to be changed so once more Jaws can give this info?

Thanks

Tom

--

With best regards,
Faraz q.
C.E.O. Estate Point
Cell\Whats app\Face time: +923218405089
www.facebook.com/estatepoint786

george b

Hold down control plus alt and use the arrow keys and it reads the row and collum number of each roll when moving through a table

Prior to installing the latest Jaws 64 bit update a few days ago, Jaws would read the row position in a web based table as  I arrowed    up the column but since the update, Jaws no longer gives this information.

Can someone inform me which settings need to be changed so once more Jaws can give this info?

Thanks

Tom

tom x

Problem is now solved.

A friend suggested to go into quick settings of the browser, go to tables and check if cell co-ordinates was turned on.  Somehow the recent update had turned the setting off and turning it on solved the problem.