From: David Griffith
Sent: Tuesday, December 10, 2019 10:56 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Turning off download announcement in Chrome

This has also been driving me mad for months now, Brave does the same thing as it is based on Chrome.

In the end the solution I found is not to use chrome to download anything unless it is tiny..

For download only I return to the old trusty Internet explorer – just type  I after pressing windows key and it will probably come up but keep on typing if it does not.

Press control O and paste in the download link. In IE  you will probably have to press F6 to go to the notification bar to confirm whether you want to open or save the download.

After this however if you alt tab away from IE you will not be, unlike the annoying Chrome announcements, me  bothered by the download status.

Alt tabbing back into IE will resume the download status announcements or you can press control J to check on the progress of your download.

David Griffith

.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Is there any way to get Chrome to stop announcing a download in progress

and its time remaining every minute or so? It's very annoying for a

longer download. I've gone in to Chrome settings,and blocked all

notifications, but this has no effect.

Thanks,

~Ann

.

John Covici

the Winpe is no longer necessary, in recent versions of Windows 10,
just hit control-windows-enter and it will talk for most sound cards.

On Fri, 20 Dec 2019 13:28:40 -0500,
Jim Ruby wrote:

[...]

How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@...

On Fri, Dec 20, 2019 at 03:53 PM, John Covici wrote:
the Winpe is no longer necessary, in recent versions of Windows 10,
just hit control-windows-enter and it will talk for most sound cards.
That is only true if you are actually booted into Windows 10, which you are not when using the password reset tools that have been discussed here.  They are bootable programs (for the most part) or utilities that are run under WinPE to operate on an offline instance of Windows 10.

        ~ Joshua Liebman

John Covici

Seems like you could boot the Windows cd and then run the utility, if
its a command line or something narrator could see.

On Fri, 20 Dec 2019 16:03:37 -0500,
Brian Vogel wrote:

On Fri, Dec 20, 2019 at 03:53 PM, John Covici wrote:

the Winpe is no longer necessary, in recent versions of Windows 10,
just hit control-windows-enter and it will talk for most sound cards.
That is only true if you are actually booted into Windows 10, which you are not when using the password reset tools that have been discussed here.  They are bootable programs (for the most part) or utilities that are run under WinPE to operate on an offline instance of Windows 10.

*Tolerance is the positive and cordial effort to understand another's beliefs, practices, and habits without necessarily sharing or accepting them.*

~ Joshua Liebman

How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una