Topics

moderated Entering data in an Excel form

Norma A. Boge

Greetings,

I’m using Jaws 2020 with Office 365. I downloaded an invoice template, but I can’t figure out how to complete the form. I think I should be able to enter data in the first field then go directly to the next field, enter data, and so on. Right now tabbing gets me to every cell, most of which are blank. I guess what I need is how to go into forms mode in Excel. I’m sure my answer is out there somewhere, so thanks in advance!

Best,

Norma

You maybe in protected view/mode if this was downloaded.

Go to File > Info and tab to see if it says something like “Enable Editing”.

I’m using Jaws 2020 with Office 365. I downloaded an invoice template, but I can’t figure out how to complete the form. I think I should be able to enter data in the first field then go directly to the next field, enter data, and so on. Right now tabbing gets me to every cell, most of which are blank. I guess what I need is how to go into forms mode in Excel. I’m sure my answer is out there somewhere, so thanks in advance!

Best,

Norma

Marty Hutchings

Norma,  Since your invoice is a template, try Save As and save it as an Excel document,rename it then you should be able to fill it in.  The template file is probably protected.

Love in Christ
Marty
Ephesians 6:12, 13

Sent: Tuesday, December 10, 2019 2:40 PM

Greetings,

I’m using Jaws 2020 with Office 365. I downloaded an invoice template, but I can’t figure out how to complete the form. I think I should be able to enter data in the first field then go directly to the next field, enter data, and so on. Right now tabbing gets me to every cell, most of which are blank. I guess what I need is how to go into forms mode in Excel. I’m sure my answer is out there somewhere, so thanks in advance!

Best,

Norma

Norma A. Boge

Hi guys,

Let me clarify my initial post: I am able to edit the spreadsheet, no problems there. MS calls it a template, but it has a spreadsheet extension, XLS. Kinda confusing.

Here’s my question:

If I insert text into A3, isn’t there a keystroke to jump to the next cell that needs to be filled in? Something similar to tabbing to the next edit box in an online form?

I can edit and add and remove cell titles, etc. as I see fit. After that, I have the order form for my business. When it’s time for me to take the customer’s information and fill out the order form, how do I move through the form fields?

If this is still confusing, I’m ok with that. I’m probably using the incorrect verbiage to make my explanation clear. I have other options by which to save the information. Using a “template” seemed easy. Not so much, but I’m learning. <smile> Thanks, Norma

Sent: Tuesday, December 10, 2019 2:40 PM

Greetings,

I’m using Jaws 2020 with Office 365. I downloaded an invoice template, but I can’t figure out how to complete the form. I think I should be able to enter data in the first field then go directly to the next field, enter data, and so on. Right now tabbing gets me to every cell, most of which are blank. I guess what I need is how to go into forms mode in Excel. I’m sure my answer is out there somewhere, so thanks in advance!

Best,

Norma

NFB Lab 4

There is a way to protect cells. What that will do, is only allow you to go from one input cell to another. I will have to brush up on how to do it and get back to you. However, a Google search for protecting cells would lead you in the right direction. I hope this helps you.

Sent: Tuesday, December 10, 2019 2:40 PM

Greetings,

I’m using Jaws 2020 with Office 365. I downloaded an invoice template, but I can’t figure out how to complete the form. I think I should be able to enter data in the first field then go directly to the next field, enter data, and so on. Right now tabbing gets me to every cell, most of which are blank. I guess what I need is how to go into forms mode in Excel. I’m sure my answer is out there somewhere, so thanks in advance!

Best,

Norma

Faraz

Hi Norma, I may be understand your issue, rather then suggesting you any function I should advise you a key strok which is CTRL+right arrow or left arrow which helps you navigating Amon data regions. Using this Keystroke will directly land you into The cell contains data and skip all empty cells.
Hope its help

Sent: Tuesday, December 10, 2019 2:40 PM

Greetings,

I’m using Jaws 2020 with Office 365. I downloaded an invoice template, but I can’t figure out how to complete the form. I think I should be able to enter data in the first field then go directly to the next field, enter data, and so on. Right now tabbing gets me to every cell, most of which are blank. I guess what I need is how to go into forms mode in Excel. I’m sure my answer is out there somewhere, so thanks in advance!

Best,

Norma

Norma A. Boge

Yes, that’s what I was looking for! Thank you so much! Best, Norma

Sent: Tuesday, December 10, 2019 2:40 PM

Greetings,

I’m using Jaws 2020 with Office 365. I downloaded an invoice template, but I can’t figure out how to complete the form. I think I should be able to enter data in the first field then go directly to the next field, enter data, and so on. Right now tabbing gets me to every cell, most of which are blank. I guess what I need is how to go into forms mode in Excel. I’m sure my answer is out there somewhere, so thanks in advance!

Best,

Norma

Van Lant, Robin

I learned another related approach on a JAWS webinar.  I think it was to “define name” of  a cell, then you can go directly to it with Control G.  I set this up for a large spreadsheet where I needed to quickly jump to a particular column.

Sent: Tuesday, December 10, 2019 2:40 PM

To: list Jaws

Greetings,

I’m using Jaws 2020 with Office 365. I downloaded an invoice template, but I can’t figure out how to complete the form. I think I should be able to enter data in the first field then go directly to the next field, enter data, and so on. Right now tabbing gets me to every cell, most of which are blank. I guess what I need is how to go into forms mode in Excel. I’m sure my answer is out there somewhere, so thanks in advance!

Best,

Norma

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

Norma A. Boge

Hi robin,

This is really helpful information. I am going to find the webinar and learn how to do this because I know it will make working with some of these spreadsheets a lot easier.

Thanks again,

Norma