Topics

moderated Excel duplicate values with jaws 2019

Faraz

hello, i am using jaws 2019 with MS Excel 2016. i used to work with multiple data regions as well as work sheets. i am facing a problem sometime i entered duplicate value in particular column i.e. "Plots Number" column and feel difficulty to track the record because of that duplicate entry. i don't want to remove duplicates but i want to know if their is any way which indicates me when i am entering duplicate value in Excel so that I can add comments accordingly ?

your help would be highly appreciate.

best,

Faraz q.

CEO at Estate Point.

Cohn, Jonathan

Hello,
Did you try doing a Google search on your subject line? I found several results about preventing duplicates in a region involving using validation rules.

Faraz

hi, Thanks for your reply! yes i did search that query over google and went through different articles  telling how to create conditional formatting for duplicate values in Excel, but unfortunately these functions only highlight the duplicate values, which never readable with jaws. i.e. if i enter "123" twice in any column, excel conditional formatting function will highlight that duplicate cell but jaws never tells me if that cell is highlighted or not.

I hope you got my point!

best,

Faraz q