From: Richard B. McDonald
Sent: Thursday, December 05, 2019 1:35 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: "Robot Check" When I go to amazon.com

Hi!

Today, after getting an update to Firefox, when I go to amazon.com this “Robot Check” screen now pops-up. It has an image capture that requires me to enter letters into a field before proceeding; and that capture is totally inaccessible. What is this? How can I stop it from happening?

Thanks,

Richard

Mike B

Howdy Net bat,

Is the accessible Amazon URL still:

It seems like the site above just isn't as accessible as it used to be.

try the accessibility site. amazon puts a cookie in your browser and if it is
erased it will go to the normal web site instead.

Today, after getting an update to Firefox, when I go to amazon.com this “Robot
Check” screen now pops-up.  It has an image capture that requires me to enter
letters into a field before proceeding; and that capture is totally
inaccessible.  What is this?  How can I stop it from happening?

Thanks,

Richard

netbat66

i googled it. its still the same. i don't use the access site anymore.
amazon puts a cookie in the browser and once you log on to one or the other site it will go to the lasyt site every time even if i type in the other web site.
i have to log off or delete the amazon cookies first. then i can switch to the other site.

It seems like the site above just isn't as accessible as it used to be.

Take care. Mike. Sent from my iBarstool. Go Rams!
Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement. In the end you have to ignore everything, & click I agree.
try the accessibility site. amazon puts a cookie in your browser and if it is
erased it will go to the normal web site instead.

Today, after getting an update to Firefox, when I go to amazon.com this “Robot
Check” screen now pops-up. It has an image capture that requires me to enter
letters into a field before proceeding; and that capture is totally
inaccessible. What is this? How can I stop it from happening?

Thanks,

Richard

Paul Faucheux

hi i got the same thing after firefox updated. its a feature of
firefox 71.0 go to privacy and security and uncheck a setting called
 Show alerts about passwords for breached websites.

On 12/5/19, netbat66 <netbat66@...> wrote:
[...]

Andy

how can you delete the Amazon cookie with Google Chrome?

Andy

try the accessibility site. amazon puts a cookie in your browser and if it is
erased it will go to the normal web site instead.

Today, after getting an update to Firefox, when I go to amazon.com this “Robot
Check” screen now pops-up. It has an image capture that requires me to enter
letters into a field before proceeding; and that capture is totally
inaccessible. What is this? How can I stop it from happening?

Thanks,

Richard

netbat66

i don't know. i am still useing firefox52 e s r and trying the chrome brave browser. which still works with both window eyes and jaws.

how can you delete the Amazon cookie with Google Chrome?

Andy

try the accessibility site. amazon puts a cookie in your browser and if it
is
erased it will go to the normal web site instead.

Today, after getting an update to Firefox, when I go to amazon.com this
“Robot
Check” screen now pops-up. It has an image capture that requires me to
enter
letters into a field before proceeding; and that capture is totally
inaccessible. What is this? How can I stop it from happening?

Thanks,

Richard

Richard B. McDonald

Your below fix worked! Good job, and thanks!

try the accessibility site. amazon puts a cookie in your browser and
if it is erased it will go to the normal web site instead.

Today, after getting an update to Firefox, when I go to amazon.com
this “Robot Check” screen now pops-up. It has an image capture that
requires me to enter letters into a field before proceeding; and that
capture is totally inaccessible. What is this? How can I stop it
from happening?

Thanks,

Richard

Randy Barnett

I never liked the accessible site. It just wasn't very good. I have always used the regular site without any real issues. Have you tried a different browser because I don't ever get a robot check.