Disk imaging accessibil software

Nino Dagostino

Hi:

This is Nino, does anybody know of backup and restore that can be used by Jaws or Nvda.

I can backup the computer I just cant restore it with out sighted assistance.

I have a dell xps8900 desktop computer running windows10.

Thank you in advance.

Have a good day.

Steve Matzura

Terabyte Drive Image Backup and Restore Suite - http://www.terabyteunlimited.com

On 11/25/2017 4:22 PM, Nino Dagostino wrote:

Hi:

This is Nino, does anybody know of backup and restore that can be used by Jaws or Nvda.

I can backup the computer I just cant restore it with out sighted assistance.

I have a dell xps8900 desktop computer running windows10.

Thank you in advance.

Have a good day.

Jonas Voll

Can you give us some exampels of how one can use this software to restor a harddrive that’s is the main boot harddrive from a backup job?

Jonas Voll
Support Technician I
Envision, Inc.
2301 S Water ST
Wichita, KS 67213
O: 316-425-7141
F: 316-267-4312
www.envisionus.com

On 11/25/2017 4:22 PM, Nino Dagostino wrote:

Hi:

This is Nino, does anybody know of backup and restore that can be used by Jaws or Nvda.

I can backup the computer I just cant restore it with out sighted assistance.

I have a dell xps8900 desktop computer running windows10.

Thank you in advance.

Have a good day.

and
'spam@...'

Steve Matzura

Short version:

Assuming the software was installed, first be sure to check the "accessible checkboxes" option in Settings. Then:

1. Make a full image backup of the drive in question.

2. Use the PE Builder to create a standalone copy of IFW on a separate drive. It can even be on a USB drive as it's quite small.

3. Go to http://www.opopanax.net/download and obtain the Windows pre-installation environment creator for your operating system, Windows 7 or 10, 32- or 64-bit, as you'll need this to restore a boot drive. Run the creator and make one, either on a USB thumb drive or DVD. Your system will need to be able to boot from the chosen medium.

When you need to restore:

1. If you're restoring the boot drive, boot the PE you created in Step 2, then run the standalone copy of IFW you created in Step 3. Otherwise, run the installed copy.

2. Choose the restore function, automatic restore. Follow the prompts.

On 11/27/2017 9:06 AM, Jonas Voll wrote:

[...]

So in stepp 2. Use the PE Builder to create a standalone copy of IFW on a separate drive. It can even be on a USB drive as it's quite small.

Is this to create the software program you will need to restore your backup?

I will assume it’s a small program from “Terabyte Drive Image Backup and Restore Suite - http://www.terabyteunlimited.com” that you need to restore from your backups?

Jonas Voll
Support Technician I
Envision, Inc.
2301 S Water ST
Wichita, KS 67213
O: 316-425-7141
F: 316-267-4312
www.envisionus.com

On 11/25/2017 4:22 PM, Nino Dagostino wrote:

Hi:

This is Nino, does anybody know of backup and restore that can be used by Jaws or Nvda.

I can backup the computer I just cant restore it with out sighted assistance.

I have a dell xps8900 desktop computer running windows10.

Thank you in advance.

Have a good day.

and
'spam@...'

Steve Matzura

Yes, that is correct. The reason for having to do this is that, unlike other backup/restore solutions that can run from the boot drive when restoring the boot drive, Terabyte works diferently. In other words, the drive to which you are restoring cannot be the drive that is booted. That's why you have to run the PE Builder to create a standalone copy of IFW. I created a short audio on how to do it. I will dig it out  and post a link to it so you can hear how it's done.

On 11/27/2017 9:41 AM, Jonas Voll wrote:

[...]

Mario

Steve, I don't remember seeing a link to get your demo. could you resend
it please?
TIA

[...]

www.envisionus.com <http://www.envisionus.com>

Envision: To improve the quality of life and provide inspiration and
opportunity for people who are blind or visually impaired through
employment, outreach, rehabilitation, education and research.

    http://www.terabyteunlimited.com <http://www.terabyteunlimited.com>

    On 11/25/2017 4:22 PM, Nino Dagostino wrote:

        Hi:

        This is Nino, does anybody know of backup and restore that can
        be used by Jaws or Nvda.

        I can backup the computer I just cant restore it with out
        sighted assistance.

        I have a dell xps8900 desktop computer running windows10.

        Thank you in advance.

        Have a good day.

    To manage your junk mail go tohttps://nospam.envisionus.com
    and

    'spam@nospam.envisionus.com <mailto:spam@nospam.envisionus.com>'

    *NOTICE:*This electronic mail message and any attached files are
    confidential. The information is exclusively for the use of the
    individual or entity intended as the recipient. If you are not the
    intended recipient, any use, copying, printing, reviewing,
    retention, disclosure, distribution or forwarding of the message
    or any attached file is not authorized and is strictly prohibited.
    If you have received this electronic mail message in error, please
    advise the sender by reply electronic mail immediately and
    permanently delete the original transmission, any attachments and
    any copies of this message from your computer system.

Steve Matzura

Oh, did I fudge that? So sorry! Here it is.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gg10t516n0azszx/PE%20Builder.mp3?dl=1

On 12/1/2017 1:03 PM, Mario wrote:
[...]

.

douglas richard dexheimer

whatever that word means?

Douglas Richard Dexheimer
Chief of Braille Productions
Born-Again Productions
The Friedman Place, Apt.308
5527 N. Maplewood Ave.
Chicago, IL 60625
home phone 773-409-6163
cell phone 913-244-0612
drichardd@earthlink.net

Mahalo.
[...]

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Mahalo is Hawaiian for Thank you.

Bill White
Billwhite92701@dslextreme.com

[...]

It means "thank you" in classic Hawaiian. I wish I knew the return phrase. I should, as I work with a native Hawaiian on the one and only Internet station on which I broadcast.

On 12/1/2017 8:14 PM, douglas richard dexheimer wrote:
[...]

A quick Google search for "Your Welcome" in Hawaiian produced this:
If you are speaking to a Hawaiian speaker and want to venture into 'Olelo Hawai'i....you could say "a'ole pilikia" (no trouble) or "he mea iki" (a small thing).
Most people just stick with "you're welcome" and it is perfectly appropriate.

[...]

Doug,

Try using Google to look it up. Google is your friend.

Dave

[...]

Sieghard, ...and that from a native Canadian. The world is truly becoming
smaller.

Dave

[...]

george b <gbmagoo@...>

LOL dave I haven't heard that line in a while remember some got perty
outraged when I used that years ago...

[...]

Kevin Hourigan <kevinthourigan@...>

Lots of Hawaiian words used here on Vancouver Island at outrigger paddling.

Kau kau kau (Paddles Up!)
Kevin

[...]

Hey Steve. Nice demo!
I hope you do not have all your keys and passwords in plane text files on your pc!
Check out Keepass!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqS9MVEN4QY

Jonas Voll
Support Technician I
Envision, Inc.
2301 S Water ST
Wichita, KS 67213
O: 316-425-7141
F: 316-267-4312
www.envisionus.com

[...]

Thanks fo the recommendation. I've been looking for something like this for years. Web passwords and credit cards I give to 1Password. Registration strings for software I tend to put into plain-text files. Not secure, I know, but for most of them, the thief would have to sign into accounts that are unknown.

On 12/4/2017 9:42 AM, Jonas Voll wrote:
[...]

Good demo, but I don't understand how to use it for other things besides email accounts.