From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Carol Smith via Groups.Io
Sent: Saturday, November 25, 2017 4:45 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: need recommendation for new PC

Hi Sieghard,

I have one last question about the SSD. If I start getting lots of files on the SSD, will it slow down in performance? If this is the case, shouldn't I get a smaller SSD and only keep those files that must reside there and place everthing else on a secondary or external drive?
Thank you for your help.

Carol

With email you typically don't have a choice or at least it's much more difficult to store your Outlook.pst file (if Outlook is what you use) on a different drive than the default used by Outlook.
Other stuff like documents and especially music files and pictures and videos you should have on a different drive. It really depends on how much data you have and how large of an SSD you buy, if you have a 480 Gb or 512 Gb SSD and you only have 100 or 200 Gb of stuff then you might as well have it on the SSD.

Regards,
Sieghard