looking for aa free email program

marvin kotler

Good afternoon list.  My name is Marvin Kotler and I just upgraded to windows 10.  I am running jfw 17.  Does anyone know of a free e mail program out there that works with jaws? I tried thunderbird and have had not much success.  Any advice would be appreciate

Londa Peterson

Try Windows Live Mail. I don't have a link for it, but Google should find it for you.

Sent: Thursday, February 25, 2016 3:32 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: looking for aa free email program

Good afternoon list.  My name is Marvin Kotler and I just upgraded to windows 10.  I am running jfw 17.  Does anyone know of a free e mail program out there that works with jaws? I tried thunderbird and have had not much success.  Any advice would be appreciate

Mcginnis, Barbara

I use G-Mail.  It works well with JAWS.  I don’t know if Windows Live Mail works with Windows 10.  Someone on this list might know.

Sent: Thursday, February 25, 2016 3:42 PM
Subject: Re: looking for aa free email program

Try Windows Live Mail. I don't have a link for it, but Google should find it for you.

Email correspondence to and from this address is subject to the North Carolina Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties by an authorized State official. Unauthorized disclosure of juvenile, health, legally privileged, or otherwise confidential information, including confidential information relating to an ongoing State procurement effort, is prohibited by law. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all records of this email.

majno <alfred.hl@...>

Hello. Are you sure about thunderbird? i'm using thunderbird last 2 years without any problem. Maybe you should go deep in thunderbird.

El 25/02/2016 a las 15:32, marvin kotler escribió:

Maria Campbell

I also use Thunderbird pretty successfully.  However, I'm wondering how to set up TB's chat feature with Facebook.
Any ideas appreciated.

Maria Campbell
lucky1inct@...

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
--Attributed to Jimi Hendrix

On 2/25/2016 2:58 PM, majno wrote:

Hello. Are you sure about thunderbird? i'm using thunderbird last 2 years without any problem. Maybe you should go deep in thunderbird.

El 25/02/2016 a las 15:32, marvin kotler escribió:

Marianne Denning

I have a Gmail account and just check my e-mails by going directly to my Gmail account.  It is very accessible.  It allows you to receive e-mails on any other devices you have.  My computer and iPhone are both connected to the account.

On Thu, Feb 25, 2016 at 3:32 PM, marvin kotler <m.kotler53@...> wrote:

--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
Teacher of students who are blind or visually impaired
(513) 607-6053

Windows Live Mail 2012 definitely installs and runs under Windows 10.  I know that it "plays well" with JAWS 15 under Windows 7 and seemed to be doing OK under JAWS 17 on that same platform.  I can never vouch for how JAWS, Windows, and any program will interact until I've "been there, done that" but I have no reason to suspect that it would not work just fine.  Windows Live Mail is a single component of Windows Essentials, and you must download the installer for all the Essentials as a single program.  You can select which application or applications you wish during the installation process itself.

Thunderbird seems to work pretty well these days, but I actually prefer WLM 2012 better (and I have to bite my tongue as I say that, but it's true).

Opera Mail might also be an option and it's worth trying just to see if you're trying to find a "best fit."  The Opera browser was highly thought of by some in accessibility circles (WebAIM glowed back at version 9) and I have little doubt that the same design ethos is part of their e-mail client.

Gmail's Basic HTML view is very accessibility friendly if you have a gmail account and want to go the web interface route.

I would be curious to hear what experiences people may be having with the actual Mail app that comes bundled with Windows 10 as far as accessibility goes.  I've not yet known of anyone personally who's tried or been using it.  The interface is very clean, but it could be clean and utterly inaccessible as well.

Brian

David Moore

Hi,
I and many other windows 10 users use Windows Live Mail, and it works great. As long as one uses JAWS, Windows Live Mail is the way to go. Have a great one.

Sent: Thursday, February 25, 2016 3:39 PM

I use G-Mail.  It works well with JAWS.  I don’t know if Windows Live Mail works with Windows 10.  Someone on this list might know.

Sent: Thursday, February 25, 2016 3:42 PM

Email correspondence to and from this address is subject to the North Carolina Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties by an authorized State official. Unauthorized disclosure of juvenile, health, legally privileged, or otherwise confidential information, including confidential information relating to an ongoing State procurement effort, is prohibited by law. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all records of this email.

David Moore

Hi,
Windows Live Mail 2012 works very well with JAWS. Have a great one.