From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Maria Campbell
Sent: Tuesday, December 3, 2019 2:40 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Logitech480

I've purchased the Logitech480. I sure hope the installation and use is similar to the 780.

--

Maria Campbell
lucky1inct@...

Glenn / Lenny

I think this is one that I use once in a while, the one with a dial.
Mine has a slot in the back for a tablet.
I like it, but it is smaller than I prefer.
The Logitech I use all the time is a full sized keyboard, just like any desktop one, only it has a lot of extra buttons that I don't use, one turns off the F-keys, but there is a volume rocker that has been handy.
I don't know the model of this one, it is either RF or IR.
Glenn

The 480 is easier than the 780. There is a dial and no dongle. It is a very simple keyboard. I wore one out and just replaced mine with a 780 because I wanted a numeric keypad. Even now I'm questioning the wisdom of the purchase because the 480 was so portable. I use it on my iPad, iPhone and may use it on my fire TV if possible. I guess the option to use it on my Lenovo will be nice. Since I have a Corsair USB on it now. It will be nice to have the option if I ever want it.
Merv

I've purchased the Logitech480. I sure hope the installation and use is similar to the 780.

--

Maria Campbell
lucky1inct@...

Astrid van Woerkom

Do you use Windows 10 on the PC you’re trying to connect to your 480? If so, can you connec t them? I have this keyboard too and use it with my iPhone but somehow can’t connect it to my Windows 10 PC.

Astrid
http://astridetal.wordpress.com/

Op 3 dec. 2019 om 20:39 heeft Maria Campbell <lucky1inct@...> het volgende geschreven:

I've purchased the Logitech480.  I sure hope the installation and use is similar to the 780.

--

Maria Campbell
lucky1inct@...

Ann Byrne

On the top, righthand side, there are buttons to direct the keyboard to work with either Apple or Windows. Be sure you have the right button pushed when you switch from one to the other.
At 04:04 PM 12/3/2019, you wrote:
Do you use Windows 10 on the PC you’re trying to connect to your 480? If so, can you connec t them? I have this keyboard too and use it with my iPhone but somehow can’t connect it to my Windows 10 PC.

Astrid
http://astridetal.wordpress.com/

Op 3 dec. 2019 om 20:39 heeft Maria Campbell <lucky1inct@...> het volgende geschreven:

I've purchased the Logitech480. I sure hope the installation and use is similar to the 780.

--

Maria Campbell
lucky1inct@...

Glenn / Lenny

I have found that either button should work on either platform, it just
works better when using the correct one for the chosen platform.
So if it is not working at all, this is not the problem.
Glenn

On the top, righthand side, there are buttons to
direct the keyboard to work with either Apple or
Windows. Be sure you have the right button
pushed when you switch from one to the other.
At 04:04 PM 12/3/2019, you wrote:
Do you use Windows 10 on the PC youâ?Tre trying to connect to your 480? If
so, can you connec t them? I have this keyboard too and use it with my
iPhone but somehow canâ?Tt connect it to my Windows 10 PC.

Astrid
http://astridetal.wordpress.com/

Op 3 dec. 2019 om 20:39 heeft Maria Campbell <lucky1inct@...> het
volgende geschreven:

I've purchased the Logitech480. I sure hope the installation and use
is similar to the 780.

--

Maria Campbell
lucky1inct@...

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do
nothing.

Pat Byrne

Astrid,
Not to sound desparaging but does your computer have bluetooth capability? I have a WIN10 laptop which doesn't and thought I should mention it.
Pat ByrneAt 04:04 PM 12/3/2019, you wrote:

Do you use Windows 10 on the PC you’re trying to connect to your 480? If so, can you connec t them? I have this keyboard too and use it with my iPhone but somehow can’t connect it to my Windows 10 PC.

Astrid
http://astridetal.wordpress.com/

Op 3 dec. 2019 om 20:39 heeft Maria Campbell <lucky1inct@...> het volgende geschreven:

I've purchased the Logitech480. I sure hope the installation and use is similar to the 780.

--

Maria Campbell
lucky1inct@...

Richard Turner

I use the K480 a lot with my iPhone.
It makes a huge difference which pairing button you use because the non-letter keys won't map correctly if you use the wrong one
Of the two pairing buttons, the one on the left is for Android/Windows.
The one on the right, is for iOS/Mac.
HTH,
Richard

Richard

On Dec 3, 2019, at 2:38 PM, Pat Byrne <k9jau@...> wrote:

Astrid,
Not to sound desparaging but does your computer have bluetooth capability?  I have a WIN10 laptop which doesn't and thought I should mention it.
Pat ByrneAt 04:04 PM 12/3/2019, you wrote:
Do you use Windows 10 on the PC youâ?Tre trying to connect to your 480? If so, can you connec t them? I have this keyboard too and use it with my iPhone but somehow canâ?Tt connect it to my Windows 10 PC.

Astrid
https://eur04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fastridetal.wordpress.com%2F&amp;data=02%7C01%7C%7Ca81b1501d3f0477b793108d7784189ea%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637110095186812282&amp;sdata=HtKQdzeUfGyrCo9qk5qw7Y5WJX%2FYsBkSjFkq%2BI5Xr5g%3D&amp;reserved=0