Sent: Wednesday, February 17, 2016 8:04 PM
Subject: is something wrong with research it?

Hi list, ken here was trying to get weather and any zip code I try it says, weather searched for... and got no results.  I double checked to make sure I was still online by starting my playroom client and I had just come off of facebook so it wasn’t that.  it doesn’t find any results for any zip code.  any reason why?

Maria Campbell

Using Windows 7 and JAWS 17, ResearchIt works fine for weather here.

Maria Campbell
lucky1inct@...

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
--Attributed to Jimi Hendrix

On 2/17/2016 8:10 PM, andy.tidwell wrote:

Hello I just tried it and got the same thing it was working fine yesterday but it don’t work now. I am running windows 10 with Jaws 17.1214.

Jesus died for us why cant we live for him.

Sent: Wednesday, February 17, 2016 8:04 PM

Hi list, ken here was trying to get weather and any zip code I try it says, weather searched for... and got no results.  I double checked to make sure I was still online by starting my playroom client and I had just come off of facebook so it wasn’t that.  it doesn’t find any results for any zip code.  any reason why?

Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>

When I tried it, it was like I did not - nothing happened.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

Hello I just tried it and got the same thing it was working fine yesterday but it don’t work now. I am running windows 10 with Jaws 17.1214.

Jesus died for us why cant we live for him.

Hi list, ken here was trying to get weather and any zip code I try it says, weather searched for... and got no results. I double checked to make sure I was still online by starting my playroom client and I had just come off of facebook so it wasn’t that. it doesn’t find any results for any zip code. any reason why?

Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>

I'm sorry. I hit the wrong things. I did get mine working.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

Hi list, ken here was trying to get weather and any zip code I
try it says, weather searched for... and got no results. I double
checked to make sure I was still online by starting my playroom client
and I had just come off of facebook so it wasn't that. it doesn't find
any results for any zip code. any reason why?

Dave...

Sounds like something changed on the weather site that FS was using for data. Nothing we can do about this, except let FS know so they can create yet another workaround. Any time that the underlying web page makes a significant change to its layout or API it can break ResearchIt. I think sports sites like MLB are still broken.

Dave Carlson

Sent: Wednesday, February 17, 2016 05:04 PM

Hi list, ken here was trying to get weather and any zip code I try it says, weather searched for... and got no results.  I double checked to make sure I was still online by starting my playroom client and I had just come off of facebook so it wasn’t that.  it doesn’t find any results for any zip code.  any reason why?

empacc.net

hi:
I guess weather is finally broken just like sports scores have been for over a year.
oh well!!!
it was good while it lasted.

howard wolcott

Sent: Wednesday, February 17, 2016 8:04 PM

Hi list, ken here was trying to get weather and any zip code I try it says, weather searched for... and got no results.  I double checked to make sure I was still online by starting my playroom client and I had just come off of facebook so it wasn’t that.  it doesn’t find any results for any zip code.  any reason why?
Howard Wolcott

david

well; when trying to get the weather through research it,
Weather searched for k7k 5v2 and got no results.

Press ESCAPE to close Results Viewer.

obviously, something has changed on the web site,
I think the research it feature is a real waste of time.
the research it hasn’t worked with mlb for a long time.
anyway, there’s other ways.

Sent: Wednesday, February 17, 2016 11:04 PM

Sent: Wednesday, February 17, 2016 05:04 PM

Hi list, ken here was trying to get weather and any zip code I try it says, weather searched for... and got no results.  I double checked to make sure I was still online by starting my playroom client and I had just come off of facebook so it wasn’t that.  it doesn’t find any results for any zip code.  any reason why?

Joseph Weakland

i just noticed it when i searched for weather in my zip code and i got weather searched for and got no results:(

Sent: Wednesday, February 17, 2016 8:04 PM

Hi list, ken here was trying to get weather and any zip code I try it says, weather searched for... and got no results.  I double checked to make sure I was still online by starting my playroom client and I had just come off of facebook so it wasn’t that.  it doesn’t find any results for any zip code.  any reason why?
Howard Wolcott

ratshtron <northstar1950@...>

hmmm, research-it is a piece of ????, well, it never works for me and should be removed from jaws. for goodness sake! jaws is a screen reader.

Legend has it that on Wednesday 2/17/2016 07:04 PM, ken lawrence via Groups.io said:
Hi list, ken here was trying to get weather and any zip code I try it says, weather searched for... and got no results. I double checked to make sure I was still online by starting my playroom client and I had just come off of facebook so it wasn’t that. it doesn’t find any results for any zip code. any reason why?

<http://www.sendspace.com/folder/i7xwg4>Click here to check out my sendspace offerings!

david

hello;
for those who relied on research it for his or her baseball scores and standings,
here’s a couple useable links.
baseball standings;
http://tinyurl.com/osdejxv
baseball scores
http://tinyurl.com/mk2hyrl

Sent: Thursday, February 18, 2016 9:59 AM

Sent: Wednesday, February 17, 2016 8:04 PM

Hi list, ken here was trying to get weather and any zip code I try it says, weather searched for... and got no results.  I double checked to make sure I was still online by starting my playroom client and I had just come off of facebook so it wasn’t that.  it doesn’t find any results for any zip code.  any reason why?
Howard Wolcott

ken lawrence

Hi yeah on the sports links, FS says that it was their contract with ESPN. they were looking for reupping the contract or possibly finding another source. that was a couple months ago. I had to uninstall jaws and reinstall an update cleanly. that was around the time of the last update in jaws17.

empacc.net

hi:
well, if that was or is still the case, why, then, is NHL hockey not affected?
that comes from ESPN, also.
you would think all ESPN scores would be on the same contract, wouldn't you?

Howard Wolcott

Sent: Thursday, February 18, 2016 11:25 AM

Hi yeah on the sports links, FS says that it was their contract with ESPN. they were looking for reupping the contract or possibly finding another source. that was a couple months ago. I had to uninstall jaws and reinstall an update cleanly. that was around the time of the last update in jaws17.
Howard Wolcott

Louise Johnson <herclouise@...>

Hi I can use it here. I have JAWS 16 and windows 8.1.1 the latest. I can get weather here most times Louise and princess Kiara

Sent: Wednesday, February 17, 2016 8:04 PM