Demystify the route pointer to cursor for me

Van Lant, Robin

I’m transitioning to JAWS from Window Eyes.  I use the WE command to route mouse pointer to cursor with some frequency with the Insert numpad plus.  In JAWS, this key command is saying something about cursor routed to JAWS cursor and that does not seem to be what I want.  Also, this morning I hit the Shift Insert and numpad plus key combo and it said some something about the touch cursor, and my keyboard did not work right after than until I figured out Escaped get me out of whatever I did.

Can someone help me understand how what I do in Window Eyes translates to JAWS?

1)      What keys do I hit to put the mouse pointer where my typing cursor is?

2)      What is the Insert numpad plus key doing when it says routed to JAWS cursor and how would I use that?

3)      What is happening when I hit Shift Insert  numpad plus and when do you use this?

Much appreciate.

Robin

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Robin,

Try the keystroke, Insert / Jaws key + Numpad minus key, & you should hear, Rout Jaws to PC.
Take care.  Mike.  Dodgers, try again next year!
Sent from my iBarstool.

Sent: Tuesday, November 21, 2017 1:27 PM
Subject: Demystify the route pointer to cursor for me

[...]

See if the tip below will help you make the transition to Jaws:
    From: dan Thompson
JAWS Quick Key 1.2.0

GW Micro has upgraded the JAWS Quick Key App to version 1.2:

  by GW Micro

This script provides a mode to explore the Window-Eyes equivalent of common JAWS keystrokes. Press the JAWS Quick Key hot key (Insert-P, by default) to enter the quick key mode. Once in the mode, press a common JAWS keystroke. If an equivalent Window-Eyes keystroke is found, it will be reported. You will stay in the Quick Key mode until you press escape, or until focus changes. If you find JAWS keystrokes that are not mapped correctly, or are missing when Window-Eyes equivalent hot keys do exist, please contact us at support@....

Sent: Tuesday, November 21, 2017 1:27 PM

[...]

Mario

Mike, I gather that this app requires Window Eyes or does it operate as
a stand alone app?

See if the tip below will help you make the transition to Jaws:
From: dan Thompson
JAWS Quick Key 1.2.0

support@gwmicro.com.

[...]

intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying,
the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This
communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers
directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose
information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

from Key
send an e-mail to mailto:DNERequests@key.com with 'No Promotional E-mails'
in the SUBJECT line.

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Mario,

Yes, this is a feature in Window Eyes.  If you turn it on, invoke a Jaws keystroke, Window Eyes will tell you the Window Eyes equivalent keystroke to the Jaws keystroke, but only if Windows Eyes has an equivalent one.

      From: dan Thompson
JAWS Quick Key 1.2.0
GW Micro has upgraded the JAWS Quick Key App to version 1.2:

    by GW Micro

This script provides a mode to explore the Window-Eyes equivalent of common
JAWS keystrokes. Press the JAWS Quick Key hot key (Insert-P, by default) to
enter the quick key mode. Once in the mode, press a common JAWS keystroke.
If an equivalent Window-Eyes keystroke is found, it will be reported. You
will stay in the Quick Key mode until you press escape, or until focus
changes. If you find JAWS keystrokes that are not mapped correctly, or are
missing when Window-Eyes equivalent hot keys do exist, please contact us at
support@....

Take care.  Mike.  Dodgers, try again next year!
Sent from my iBarstool.
Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement.  In the
[...]

send an e-mail to mailto:DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails'
in the SUBJECT line.