ePub editor that works with Jaws 2018 or Jaws 18

Richard Turner

I am looking for an accessible ePub editor.

I have converted some documents to ePub but I can’t get the title and author to show up correctly.

I use Codex for the conversion from either Word or HTML.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks,

Richard

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

If you are using Windows 10, the Edge browser now reads epub files. I have done it with JAWS 2018.

Bill White

Billwhite92701@...

I am looking for an accessible ePub editor.

I have converted some documents to ePub but I can’t get the title and author to show up correctly.

I use Codex for the conversion from either Word or HTML.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks,

Richard

Richard Turner

I have no issue with reading them, I want the title to show up as something other than “Unknown.”

So, I need an editor, not a reader.

Thanks,

Richard

If you are using Windows 10, the Edge browser now reads epub files. I have done it with JAWS 2018.

Bill White

Billwhite92701@...

I am looking for an accessible ePub editor.

I have converted some documents to ePub but I can’t get the title and author to show up correctly.

I use Codex for the conversion from either Word or HTML.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks,

Richard

Carol Smith

If you know the information, you can simply go to the books folder and rename them the way you want them to be.

If you are speaking about changing anything inside the book, the only editor I can use with my Win7 is Kurzweil.  HTH.

Carol

On 11/18/2017 2:51 PM, Richard Turner wrote:

I have no issue with reading them, I want the title to show up as something other than “Unknown.”

So, I need an editor, not a reader.

Thanks,

Richard

If you are using Windows 10, the Edge browser now reads epub files. I have done it with JAWS 2018.

Bill White

Billwhite92701@...

I am looking for an accessible ePub editor.

I have converted some documents to ePub but I can’t get the title and author to show up correctly.

I use Codex for the conversion from either Word or HTML.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks,

Richard

Richard Turner

I am hoping to be able to edit the internal tags so when I open an ePub file on my iPhone in Voice Dream Reader, it has the correct title and author.
I am thinking that isn't going to be possible without more work than it is probably worth.
I've tried starting with a Word document with headings and a table of contents, and from an HTML document, but somehow, I'm not getting the Title to work.
None of the ePub editors I've found so far work with any screen reader.
I did learn that ePub files are really zip files inside, and I was able to extract the files and I thought I had edited the index.html file correctly, but no such luck.
Thanks for replying.
I think I'll give it a rest for a while.
Richard

(Sent from the iPod Touch 6)

On Nov 18, 2017, at 2:56 PM, Carol Smith via Groups.Io <carollablady@...> wrote:

[...]

Tyler Spivey

I wrote EPUBEdit to do this.
If you do this a lot, the easiest way to use it might be to put a shortcut in your send to menu.
Check here: https://allinaccess.com/software/

Billwhite92701@dslextreme.com <mailto:Billwhite92701@dslextreme.com>