I am trying to upgrade my jaws and get an sma I live in Iowa In Missouri there was the tap-i program that paid for assistive tech for you every few years so you could access the internet. Now I am stuck because I need this and don't know a way to get it i wish fs had a payment plan for jfw so people could pay for jaws and an sma I could do that but this six hundred bucks all at once crap is rediculous.

Don H

I think organizations like the NFB have a loan program for such things.

On 11/17/2017 3:21 PM, Jenni Kent wrote:
Hi,
I am trying to upgrade my jaws and get an sma I live in Iowa In Missouri there was the tap-i program that paid for assistive tech for you every few years so you could access the internet. Now I am stuck because I need this and don't know a way to get it i wish fs had a payment plan for jfw so people could pay for jaws and an sma I could do that but this six hundred bucks all at once crap is rediculous.

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Jenni,

Have you talked to them about a payment plan?  Seems like I heard of something along those lines somewheres.
Take care.  Mike.  Dodgers, try again next year!
Sent from my iBarstool.

From: Jenni Kent
Sent: Friday, November 17, 2017 1:21 PM
Subject: financing for jaws

Hi,

I am trying to upgrade my jaws and get an sma I live in Iowa In Missouri
there was the tap-i program that paid for assistive tech for you every
few years so you could access the internet. Now I am stuck because I
need this and don't know a way to get it i wish fs had a payment plan
for jfw so people could pay for jaws and an sma I could do that but this
six hundred bucks all at once crap is rediculous.

netbat66

what version are you on now?
are you saying you are 6 upgrades behind?
a s m a is $200 for two pro jaws upgrades.
$120 for two home jaws upgrades.
check here.
https://www.freedomscientific.com/Products/UpgradeAndSMARenewal

I am trying to upgrade my jaws and get an sma I live in Iowa In Missouri
there was the tap-i program that paid for assistive tech for you every
few years so you could access the internet. Now I am stuck because I
need this and don't know a way to get it i wish fs had a payment plan
for jfw so people could pay for jaws and an sma I could do that but this
six hundred bucks all at once crap is rediculous.

Kelly Pierce

I have a full time job and use my wages to buy the technology I want
and need. If I can’t afford something now, I save money and buy it
later. Jenny, are you working?

Kelly

On 11/17/17, netbat66 <netbat66@gmail.com> wrote:
what version are you on now?
are you saying you are 6 upgrades behind?
a s m a is $200 for two pro jaws upgrades.
$120 for two home jaws upgrades.
check here.
https://www.freedomscientific.com/Products/UpgradeAndSMARenewal

I am trying to upgrade my jaws and get an sma I live in Iowa In Missouri
there was the tap-i program that paid for assistive tech for you every
few years so you could access the internet. Now I am stuck because I
need this and don't know a way to get it i wish fs had a payment plan
for jfw so people could pay for jaws and an sma I could do that but this
six hundred bucks all at once crap is rediculous.

Jenni Kent

no i am on jaws 17

-----Original Message----- From: Jenni Kent
Sent: Friday, November 17, 2017 1:21 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io

Hi,

I am trying to upgrade my jaws and get an sma I live in Iowa In Missouri
there was the tap-i program that paid for assistive tech for you every
few years so you could access the internet. Now I am stuck because I
need this and don't know a way to get it i wish fs had a payment plan
for jfw so people could pay for jaws and an sma I could do that but this
six hundred bucks all at once crap is rediculous.

Jenni Kent

no i am not working right now i am looking for work via the ticket to work and my old employer they said they may call me in a month or so about home employment when they can hire more workers that can  work from home so when they can then i will hopefully have a job

On 11/17/2017 5:05 PM, Kelly Pierce wrote:
[...]

Randy Barnett <randy@...>

It should only cost you 120.00. 240.00 at most.

Sent: Friday, November 17, 2017 1:21 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io

Hi,

--
Sincerely: Randy Barnett (Owner)
Soundtique

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Jenni,

If you only need to buy 1 SMA it shouldn't cost anywhere near $600.00 to get caught up to J2018.  1 SMA covers 2 versions of Jaws.  Talk to FS, & see what they can do.
Take care.  Mike.  Dodgers, try again next year!
Sent from my iBarstool.

> are you saying you are 6 upgrades behind?
> a s m a is $200 for two pro jaws upgrades.
> $120 for two home jaws upgrades.
> check here.
> https://www.freedomscientific.com/Products/UpgradeAndSMARenewal
>

> -----Original Message----- From: Jenni Kent
> Sent: Friday, November 17, 2017 1:21 PM
> To: main@jfw.groups.io
> Subject: financing for jaws
>
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to upgrade my jaws and get an sma I live in Iowa In Missouri
> there was the tap-i program that paid for assistive tech for you every
> few years so you could access the internet. Now I am stuck because I
> need this and don't know a way to get it i wish fs had a payment plan
> for jfw so people could pay for jaws and an sma I could do that but this
> six hundred bucks all at once crap is rediculous.

Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>

Then there are credit cards too.

Best from,

Carolyn

I am trying to upgrade my jaws and get an sma I live in Iowa In
Missouri there was the tap-i program that paid for assistive tech for
you every few years so you could access the internet. Now I am stuck
because I need this and don't know a way to get it i wish fs had a
payment plan for jfw so people could pay for jaws and an sma I could
do that but this six hundred bucks all at once crap is rediculous.

Jenni Kent

for both the upgrade and the sma its going to be $360 thats what they told me.

Sent: Friday, November 17, 2017 1:21 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io

Hi,

I am trying to upgrade my jaws and get an sma I live in Iowa In Missouri
there was the tap-i program that paid for assistive tech for you every
few years so you could access the internet. Now I am stuck because I
need this and don't know a way to get it i wish fs had a payment plan
for jfw so people could pay for jaws and an sma I could do that but this
six hundred bucks all at once crap is rediculous.

Peter Donahue

Hello Jenni and everyone,

We were told the same thing. IN our case the cost would be around $400.00 per computer. Since there are two of us who use Jaws on multiple devices we need two copies so it's double what you were quoted.

Peter Donahue who along with wife Mary embraced various income-producing vehicles to keep up with the cost of buying and maintaining assistive technology.

Sent: Friday, November 17, 2017 1:21 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io

Hi,

I am trying to upgrade my jaws and get an sma I live in Iowa In
Missouri
there was the tap-i program that paid for assistive tech for you every
few years so you could access the internet. Now I am stuck because I
need this and don't know a way to get it i wish fs had a payment plan
for jfw so people could pay for jaws and an sma I could do that but
this
six hundred bucks all at once crap is rediculous.

David & his pack of dogs

Did I miss something? When I talked to Freedom they told me I could use my copy of JAWS on as many devices as I wanted providing I owned the device, I E, lap top or desktop.

Sent: Friday, November 17, 2017 1:21 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io

Hi,

I am trying to upgrade my jaws and get an sma I live in Iowa In
Missouri there was the tap-i program that paid for assistive tech
for you every few years so you could access the internet. Now I am
stuck because I need this and don't know a way to get it i wish fs
had a payment plan for jfw so people could pay for jaws and an sma I
could do that but this six hundred bucks all at once crap is
rediculous.

Alan Robbins

This is the way it always has been. I have JAWS installed on many different systems. One can also get a dongle if needed.

Al

Sent: Friday, November 17, 2017 1:21 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io

Hi,

I am trying to upgrade my jaws and get an sma I live in Iowa In
Missouri there was the tap-i program that paid for assistive tech
for you every few years so you could access the internet. Now I am
stuck because I need this and don't know a way to get it i wish fs
had a payment plan for jfw so people could pay for jaws and an sma I
could do that but this six hundred bucks all at once crap is
rediculous.

Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>

We did that, when my husband, Harvey, wanted JAWS on his so that I could use it and show him how.

Best from,

Carolyn

Sent: Friday, November 17, 2017 1:21 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io

Hi,

I am trying to upgrade my jaws and get an sma I live in Iowa In
Missouri there was the tap-i program that paid for assistive tech
for you every few years so you could access the internet. Now I am
stuck because I need this and don't know a way to get it i wish fs
had a payment plan for jfw so people could pay for jaws and an sma I
could do that but this six hundred bucks all at once crap is
rediculous.

netbat66

that depends on which version you bought.
the home version can be installed on 3 computers. the pro i think can be installed on 5.
i think there is one more version with a business license that is unlimited for the business that buys the license.

Sent: Friday, November 17, 2017 1:21 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io

Hi,

I am trying to upgrade my jaws and get an sma I live in Iowa In
Missouri there was the tap-i program that paid for assistive tech
for you every few years so you could access the internet. Now I am
stuck because I need this and don't know a way to get it i wish fs
had a payment plan for jfw so people could pay for jaws and an sma I
could do that but this six hundred bucks all at once crap is
rediculous.

netbat66

this is why it doesn't pay to not upgrade.
it still costs the same. weather you buy them as they are released or you wait for a few years to upgrade.
$120 each or $120 for a s m a that gives you two upgrades for the cost of one.
and it costs more if you have the pro version.

for both the upgrade and the sma its going to be $360 thats what they
told me.
On 11/17/2017 4:38 PM, Jenni Kent wrote:
no i am on jaws 17

Jessica R.

If you feel comfortable with this option, you could approach the Lions Club in your area...
Jessica

I am trying to upgrade my jaws and get an sma I live in Iowa In
Missouri there was the tap-i program that paid for assistive tech for
you every few years so you could access the internet. Now I am stuck
because I need this and don't know a way to get it i wish fs had a
payment plan for jfw so people could pay for jaws and an sma I could
do that but this six hundred bucks all at once crap is rediculous.

James Malone

FYI, if your running Jaws Pro, depending on if you purchased a SMA you will pay $220 for the next two upgrades. Add the cost of Jaws on top of that SMA. For Jaws home users, the SMA is $120.00 and you will have to add the cost of Jaws on top if you don't have a copy. I was told you can have three activations to run on three machines...Has this changed?

Sent: Friday, November 17, 2017 1:21 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io

Hi,

I am trying to upgrade my jaws and get an sma I live in Iowa In
Missouri there was the tap-i program that paid for assistive tech
for you every few years so you could access the internet. Now I am
stuck because I need this and don't know a way to get it i wish fs
had a payment plan for jfw so people could pay for jaws and an sma I
could do that but this six hundred bucks all at once crap is
rediculous.

Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>

I found that out. But, I was expecting as much.

Best from,

Carolyn