From: Annabelle Susan Morison [mailto:foristnights@comcast.net]
Sent: Wednesday, Nov 8, 2017 3:52 PM EST
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Tutor Messages and JAWS

Hi, it's Annabelle.
I'm making this app that is designed with the Qt widgets and C++ Programming
Language, and I'm wondering, how would I create what JAWS describes as a
tutor message? Would that be the same as creating a QToolTip? A QLabel? A
QWhatsThis? I'm asking this because I have somebody helping me on the Qt
Forum via Chat, a guy by the username of SGaist, and he says he only has a
virtual machine with Windows 10. Is it possible for me to have a link where
I can direct him to a basic test version of JAWS that only requires a
minimum amount of space, so he can test out the parameter that I want to
create in my app? That is, the tutor message parameter?

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Annabelle,

If you want to learn how or what the Tutor & message option does / works you can assign a different voice to it in Jaws Options / Voices / Voice Adjustment, & get a real good feel for how it works, & what it reports.
Take care.  Mike.  Dodgers, try again next year!
Sent from my iBarstool.

Sent: Wednesday, November 08, 2017 12:52 PM

Hi, it's Annabelle.
I'm making this app that is designed with the Qt widgets and C++ Programming Language, and I'm wondering, how would I create what JAWS describes as a tutor message? Would that be the same as creating a QToolTip? A QLabel? A QWhatsThis? I'm asking this because I have somebody helping me on the Qt Forum via Chat, a guy by the username of SGaist, and he says he only has a virtual machine with Windows 10. Is it possible for me to have a link where I can direct him to a basic test version of JAWS that only requires a minimum amount of space, so he can test out the parameter that I want to create in my app? That is, the tutor message parameter?

Annabelle Susan Morison

Would that version cost him anything to obtain? If so, how much? What is the
direct link to it so I can forward?

well, he could install the last non tandum build of JAWS, and if the VM
environment doesn't have Internet access, he won't be getting the OCR
functionality. I think this is the way to go unless someone else knows
of an "at least" installation of JAWS; this means no Tandum and no OCR.

I'm making this app that is designed with the Qt widgets and C++ Programming
Language, and I'm wondering, how would I create what JAWS describes as a
tutor message? Would that be the same as creating a QToolTip? A QLabel? A
QWhatsThis? I'm asking this because I have somebody helping me on the Qt
Forum via Chat, a guy by the username of SGaist, and he says he only has a
virtual machine with Windows 10. Is it possible for me to have a link where
I can direct him to a basic test version of JAWS that only requires a
minimum amount of space, so he can test out the parameter that I want to
create in my app? That is, the tutor message parameter?

Mario

there's no cost but it will function for 40 minutes, at which time he
needs to reboot the computer, get into the VM and launch JAWS again.
if he decides to purchase a license, he will have to pay the starting
price, then he can authorize and JAWS will not expire.

Would that version cost him anything to obtain? If so, how much? What is the
direct link to it so I can forward?

I'm making this app that is designed with the Qt widgets and C++ Programming
Language, and I'm wondering, how would I create what JAWS describes as a
tutor message? Would that be the same as creating a QToolTip? A QLabel? A
QWhatsThis? I'm asking this because I have somebody helping me on the Qt
Forum via Chat, a guy by the username of SGaist, and he says he only has a
virtual machine with Windows 10. Is it possible for me to have a link where
I can direct him to a basic test version of JAWS that only requires a
minimum amount of space, so he can test out the parameter that I want to
create in my app? That is, the tutor message parameter?

.

Annabelle Susan Morison

I'll let him know in the chat, since he tells me that right this moment,
purchasing JAWS is not in his budget.