SMA shipments

Joseph Norton

Hi listers:

This is my first SMA, so forgive me if you’ve answered something like this before.

I have an SMA good beginning with JAWS 2018.

Will I just receive a DVD in the mail without any warning, or do they Email me letting me know that the DVD has shipped?

Thanks!

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Edward Green

Hi Joseph,

I can't ever recall receiving an email to let me know that the DVD had shipped or was about to, but I live in the UK and I don't know if the situation is different if you purchase through VFO directly.

You probably already know this, but you don't need to wait for the DVD to start using JAWS 2018 if you have a decent Internet connection, just go ahead and download/install it, and it will authorise.

Cheers,

Ed

On 4 Nov 2017, at 17:50, Joseph Norton <joseph.norton@...> wrote:

Hi listers:

This is my first SMA, so forgive me if you’ve answered something like this before.

I have an SMA good beginning with JAWS 2018.

Will I just receive a DVD in the mail without any warning, or do they Email me letting me know that the DVD has shipped?

Thanks!

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Kevin Hourigan <kevinthourigan@...>

Hi,

Last year I waited for the DVD, had issues loading it, and ended up downloading it from the FS site anyway.

I downloaded it yesterday sans issues.

Cheers

[...]

Dave...

...seems to me that getting a DVD in the mail is becoming archaic. Being able to download a JAWS version is becoming the standard, rather than the exception. I'd prefer to have VFO *not* send the DVD and reduce the cost of SMA down $10 per version. If there are a few that still required the hard media, then they pay the additional $10. That is pretty much standard now with many on-line software purchases.

Dave

Sent: Saturday, November 04, 2017 10:50
Subject: SMA shipments

Hi listers:

This is my first SMA, so forgive me if you’ve answered something like this before.

I have an SMA good beginning with JAWS 2018.

Will I just receive a DVD in the mail without any warning, or do they Email me letting me know that the DVD has shipped?

Thanks!

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi, Joseph. They don’t notify you. They just ship the DVD.

Bill White

Billwhite92701@...

This is my first SMA, so forgive me if you’ve answered something like this before.

I have an SMA good beginning with JAWS 2018.

Will I just receive a DVD in the mail without any warning, or do they Email me letting me know that the DVD has shipped?

Thanks!

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Soronel Haetir

They don't notify about the DVD in particular, but I do get messages
saying that the new version has been released. (Only for major
versions, not the interim minor releases that don't take a SMA).

On 11/4/17, Bill White <billwhite92701@dslextreme.com> wrote:
Hi, Joseph. They don’t notify you. They just ship the DVD.

Bill White

Billwhite92701@dslextreme.com

This is my first SMA, so forgive me if you’ve answered something like this
before.

I have an SMA good beginning with JAWS 2018.

Will I just receive a DVD in the mail without any warning, or do they Email
me letting me know that the DVD has shipped?

Thanks!

10

--
Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@gmail.com

Joseph Norton

Hi listers:

I already have installed the latest version of jaws so it isn’t a big deal I was just curious.
thanks for all your help

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 4, 2017, at 3:45 PM, Soronel Haetir <soronel.haetir@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

I don't even get notices about major version releases from Freedomscientific. I only get them from the JAWS for Windows users group.

Bill White
Billwhite92701@dslextreme.com

This is my first SMA, so forgive me if you’ve answered something like this
before.

I have an SMA good beginning with JAWS 2018.

Will I just receive a DVD in the mail without any warning, or do they Email
me letting me know that the DVD has shipped?

Thanks!

10

--
Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@gmail.com

Just download Jaws 2018, by the time you receive the DVD it is out of date anyways and a bnewer version will be available online.

This is my first SMA, so forgive me if you’ve answered something like this before.

I have an SMA good beginning with JAWS 2018.

Will I just receive a DVD in the mail without any warning, or do they Email me letting me know that the DVD has shipped?

Thanks!

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Joseph Norton

Hi:

I do realize that the jars DVD as shift is already out of date. I have also installed the latest version of jaws and will keep up with the updates over the Internet.

I was curious as to how the process worked thank you for all your help

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 5, 2017, at 12:53 AM, Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...> wrote:

Just download Jaws 2018, by the time you receive the DVD it is out of date anyways and a bnewer version will be available online.

This is my first SMA, so forgive me if you’ve answered something like this before.

I have an SMA good beginning with JAWS 2018.

Will I just receive a DVD in the mail without any warning, or do they Email me letting me know that the DVD has shipped?

Thanks!

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Ken Metz <kenmetz1946@...>

Hi Joseph.

You should just receive a DVD in the mail.

KEN