Topics

2018 Authorization Question

Mark Arnold ABG

Group,

I checked my upgrade status on the Freedom Scientific website and I am entitled to an upgrade.  I downloaded the appropriate 64 bit version and installed JAWS 2018.  I went through the steps to activate the program and JAWS informed me that activation was successful.  I then migrated settings from JAWS 18.  When I went to the JAWS window and activated the help menu and then to about.  To my surprise, it informs me that JAWS is running in demonstration mode.  Anyone have any ideas why this is occurring?

Thanks in advance,

Mark

Shai

Hi,
Have you tried restarting JAWS?

On 10/28/17, Mark Arnold ABG <markarnold.abg@gmail.com> wrote:
Group,

I checked my upgrade status on the Freedom Scientific website and I am
entitled to an upgrade. I downloaded the appropriate 64 bit version and
installed JAWS 2018. I went through the steps to activate the program and
JAWS informed me that activation was successful. I then migrated settings
from JAWS 18. When I went to the JAWS window and activated the help menu
and then to about. To my surprise, it informs me that JAWS is running in
demonstration mode. Anyone have any ideas why this is occurring?

Thanks in advance,

Mark

netbat66

i wonder if it would make any difference. but did you install the full version over the 2018 beta?

I checked my upgrade status on the Freedom Scientific website and I am entitled to an upgrade. I downloaded the appropriate 64 bit version and installed JAWS 2018. I went through the steps to activate the program and JAWS informed me that activation was successful. I then migrated settings from JAWS 18. When I went to the JAWS window and activated the help menu and then to about. To my surprise, it informs me that JAWS is running in demonstration mode. Anyone have any ideas why this is occurring?

Thanks in advance,

Mark

David & his pack of dogs

I have the same problem as Mark does and, yes, I did try and restart the computer. It restarted and went into demo mode after giving the same exact prompt Mark heard. It says, "activation successful click the finish button to exit" Supposedly the payment for SMa has not been received yet. That, they think is the problem. It is truly a bureaucratic problem, accounting did not send off the payment before the new release of 2018. Oh, the joys of new releases.

I checked my upgrade status on the Freedom Scientific website and I am
entitled to an upgrade. I downloaded the appropriate 64 bit version
and installed JAWS 2018. I went through the steps to activate the
program and JAWS informed me that activation was successful. I then
migrated settings from JAWS 18. When I went to the JAWS window and
activated the help menu and then to about. To my surprise, it informs
me that JAWS is running in demonstration mode. Anyone have any ideas why this is occurring?

Thanks in advance,

Mark

Kevin Hourigan <kevinthourigan@...>

I had that quite a  bit with Jaws 17, and had to go to the desktop, put the cursor on Jaws 17, then shut down the demo mode, then press enter to fire up the full version. The demo mode eventually stopped.