Jaws 2018 and authorization.

andy.tidwell

Hello everyone,
I just got off the phone with VO tech support and anyone that updated there Jaws 2018 out of beta and downloaded and installed the regular
version today you might want to go in to your jaws settings and check what it says in the about box and you might find the same thing I did.
Mine said jaws 2018 ILM beta 2018171036. I just got off the phone and tech support doesn’t know how to fix it right now.
They even had me remove my jaws authorization and re authorize it and that still didn’t fix it.
I just thought I would post this just incase any one else had this problem.Jesus dyed for us, why can't we live for him?

Randy Barnett <randy@...>

Does it go into 40 minute mode?

--
Sincerely: Randy Barnett (Owner)
Soundtique

Richard Turner

I had uninstalled the beta before installing this new version.

When I check the Help, About, I do not have the word beta.

Richard

I just got off the phone with VO tech support and anyone that updated there Jaws 2018 out of beta and downloaded and installed the regular

version today you might want to go in to your jaws settings and check what it says in the about box and you might find the same thing I did.

Mine said jaws 2018 ILM beta 2018171036. I just got off the phone and tech support doesn’t know how to fix it right now.

They even had me remove my jaws authorization and re authorize it and that still didn’t fix it.

I just thought I would post this just incase any one else had this problem.Jesus dyed for us, why can't we live for him?

andy.tidwell

That is what is so strange, it says it is authorized but it gives the correct number for being out of beta but it says it is beta
it runs fine but there is some kind of glitch and BFO is even stumped right now.
It gives your correct serial number and the locking code and all but it says ILM beta after the version number.

[...]

Hello Richard, I downloaded the new version and installed it over the beta one and I told the tech that and she told me that that was fine and
shouldn’t have anything to do with it because I ask her if I needed to un install the beta first and she said no.
I guess they will get to the bottom of it because she said that she installed hers the same way I did but un installing the beta may very well be the
reason for the flaw.

I had uninstalled the beta before installing this new version.

When I check the Help, About, I do not have the word beta.

Richard

I just got off the phone with VO tech support and anyone that updated there Jaws 2018 out of beta and downloaded and installed the regular

version today you might want to go in to your jaws settings and check what it says in the about box and you might find the same thing I did.

Mine said jaws 2018 ILM beta 2018171036. I just got off the phone and tech support doesn’t know how to fix it right now.

They even had me remove my jaws authorization and re authorize it and that still didn’t fix it.

I just thought I would post this just incase any one else had this problem.Jesus dyed for us, why can't we live for him?

Jesus dyed for us, why can't we live for him?

Richard Turner

My experience says not to believe everything the VFO support person says.

I did not remove shared components or the user settings.

Perhaps others who have installed 2018 after having used the beta can chime in.

Richard

I had uninstalled the beta before installing this new version.

When I check the Help, About, I do not have the word beta.

Richard

I just got off the phone with VO tech support and anyone that updated there Jaws 2018 out of beta and downloaded and installed the regular

version today you might want to go in to your jaws settings and check what it says in the about box and you might find the same thing I did.

Mine said jaws 2018 ILM beta 2018171036. I just got off the phone and tech support doesn’t know how to fix it right now.

They even had me remove my jaws authorization and re authorize it and that still didn’t fix it.

I just thought I would post this just incase any one else had this problem.Jesus dyed for us, why can't we live for him?

Jesus dyed for us, why can't we live for him?

Vic Beckley

I installed the released version right over my beta copy and everything went just fine.

Vic