From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Portia Mason via Groups.Io
Sent: Wednesday, October 18, 2017 1:04 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: messaging or texting apps for windows

Are there any apps that are usable on the laptop or pc for texting phones? i use to use yahoo messenger for this but I have not used it in a long time and do not wish to install it since I tried it one time on my laptop and was not happy with the enterface of the application on my laptop. If anyone has any suggestions how I can do this, please share. Thanks!

and
'spam@...'

That only works if you know which provider the person you want to text uses.

5555555555 at txt.att.net

You don't put any dashes in the cell number, just the digits.

2. Tab to the subject field and put in a subject line.

3. Tab to the edit field and put in your message. Then send as usual.

They receive the text message and, when they reply, it comes to your inbox. Here are the email suffixes you add to the cell phone number.

3 River Wireless:

phonenumber at sms.3rivers.net

ACS Wireless:

phonenumber at paging.acswireless.com

Alltel:

phonenumber at message.alltel.com

AT&T:

phonenumber at txt.att.net

Bell Canada:

phonenumber at txt.bellmobility.ca

Bell Canada:

phonenumber at bellmobility.ca

Bell Mobility (Canada):

phonenumber at txt.bell.ca

Bell Mobility:

phonenumber at txt.bellmobility.ca

Blue Sky Frog:

phonenumber at blueskyfrog.com

Bluegrass Cellular:

phonenumber at sms.bluecell.com

Boost Mobile:

phonenumber at myboostmobile.com

BPL Mobile:

phonenumber at bplmobile.com

Carolina West Wireless:

number at cwwsms.com

Cellular One:

phonenumber at mobile.celloneusa.com

Cellular South:

phonenumber at csouth1.com

Centennial Wireless:

phonenumber at cwemail.com

CenturyTel:

phonenumber at messaging.centurytel.net

Clearnet:

phonenumber at msg.clearnet.com

Comcast:

phonenumber at comcastpcs.textmsg.com

Corr Wireless Communications:

phonenumber at corrwireless.net

Dobson:

phonenumber at mobile.dobson.net

Edge Wireless:

phonenumber at sms.edgewireless.com

Fido:

phonenumber at fido.ca

Golden Telecom:

phonenumber at sms.goldentele.com

Helio:

phonenumber at messaging.sprintpcs.com

Houston Cellular:

phonenumber at text.houstoncellular.net

Idea Cellular:

phonenumber at ideacellular.net

Illinois Valley Cellular:

phonenumber at ivctext.com

Inland Cellular Telephone:

phonenumber at inlandlink.com

MCI:

phonenumber at pagemci.com

Metrocall:

pagernumber at page.metrocall.com

Metrocall 2-way:

pagernumber at my2way.com

Metro PCS:

phonenumber at mymetropcs.com

Microcell:

phonenumber at fido.ca

Midwest Wireless:

phonenumber at clearlydigital.com

Mobilcomm:

phonenumber at mobilecomm.net

MTS:

phonenumber at text.mtsmobility.com

Nextel:

phonenumber at messaging.nextel.com

OnlineBeep:

phonenumber at onlinebeep.net

PCS One:

phonenumber at pcsone.net

President's Choice:

phonenumber at txt.bell.ca

Public Service Cellular:

phonenumber at sms.pscel.com

Qwest:

phonenumber at qwestmp.com

Rogers AT&T Wireless:

phonenumber at pcs.rogers.com

Rogers Canada:

phonenumber at pcs.rogers.com

Satellink:

pagernumber.pageme at satellink.net

Southwestern Bell:

phonenumber at email.swbw.com

Sprint:

phonenumber at messaging.sprintpcs.com

Sumcom:

phonenumber at tms.suncom.com

Surewest Communicaitons:

phonenumber at mobile.surewest.com

T-Mobile:

phonenumber at tmomail.net

Telus:

phonenumber at msg.telus.com

Tracfone:

phonenumber at txt.att.net

Triton:

phonenumber at tms.suncom.com

Unicel:

phonenumber at utext.com

US Cellular:

phonenumber at email.uscc.net

Solo Mobile:

phonenumber at txt.bell.ca

Sprint:

phonenumber at messaging.sprintpcs.com

Sumcom:

phonenumber at tms.suncom.com

Surewest Communicaitons:

phonenumber at mobile.surewest.com

Telus:

phonenumber at msg.telus.com

Triton:

phonenumber at tms.suncom.com

Unicel:

phonenumber at utext.com

US Cellular:

phonenumber at email.uscc.net

US West:

phonenumber at uswestdatamail.com

Verizon:

phonenumber at vtext.com

Virgin Mobile:

phonenumber at vmobl.com

Virgin Mobile Canada:

phonenumber at vmobile.ca

West Central Wireless:

phonenumber at sms.wcc.net

Western Wireless:

phonenumber at cellularonewest.com

phonenumber at sms.3rivers.net

ACS Wireless:

phonenumber at paging.acswireless.com

Alltel:

phonenumber at message.alltel.com

AT&T:

phonenumber at txt.att.net

Bell Canada:

phonenumber at txt.bellmobility.ca

Bell Canada:

phonenumber at bellmobility.ca

Bell Mobility (Canada):

phonenumber at txt.bell.ca

Bell Mobility:

phonenumber at txt.bellmobility.ca

Blue Sky Frog:

phonenumber at blueskyfrog.com

Bluegrass Cellular:

phonenumber at sms.bluecell.com

Boost Mobile:

phonenumber at myboostmobile.com

BPL Mobile:

phonenumber at bplmobile.com

Carolina West Wireless:

number at cwwsms.com

Cellular One:

phonenumber at mobile.celloneusa.com

Cellular South:

phonenumber at csouth1.com

Centennial Wireless:

phonenumber at cwemail.com

CenturyTel:

phonenumber at messaging.centurytel.net

Clearnet:

phonenumber at msg.clearnet.com

Comcast:

phonenumber at comcastpcs.textmsg.com

Corr Wireless Communications:

phonenumber at corrwireless.net

Dobson:

phonenumber at mobile.dobson.net

Edge Wireless:

phonenumber at sms.edgewireless.com

Fido:

phonenumber at fido.ca

Golden Telecom:

phonenumber at sms.goldentele.com

Helio:

phonenumber at messaging.sprintpcs.com

Houston Cellular:

phonenumber at text.houstoncellular.net

Idea Cellular:

phonenumber at ideacellular.net

Illinois Valley Cellular:

phonenumber at ivctext.com

Inland Cellular Telephone:

phonenumber at inlandlink.com

MCI:

phonenumber at pagemci.com

Metrocall:

pagernumber at page.metrocall.com

Metrocall 2-way:

pagernumber at my2way.com

Metro PCS:

phonenumber at mymetropcs.com

Microcell:

phonenumber at fido.ca

Midwest Wireless:

phonenumber at clearlydigital.com

Mobilcomm:

phonenumber at mobilecomm.net

MTS:

phonenumber at text.mtsmobility.com

Nextel:

phonenumber at messaging.nextel.com

OnlineBeep:

phonenumber at onlinebeep.net

PCS One:

phonenumber at pcsone.net

President's Choice:

phonenumber at txt.bell.ca

Public Service Cellular:

phonenumber at sms.pscel.com

Qwest:

phonenumber at qwestmp.com

Rogers AT&T Wireless:

phonenumber at pcs.rogers.com

Rogers Canada:

phonenumber at pcs.rogers.com

Satellink:

pagernumber.pageme at satellink.net

Southwestern Bell:

phonenumber at email.swbw.com

Sprint:

phonenumber at messaging.sprintpcs.com

Sumcom:

phonenumber at tms.suncom.com

Surewest Communicaitons:

phonenumber at mobile.surewest.com

T-Mobile:

phonenumber at tmomail.net

Telus:

phonenumber at msg.telus.com

Tracfone:

phonenumber at txt.att.net

Triton:

phonenumber at tms.suncom.com

Unicel:

phonenumber at utext.com

US Cellular:

phonenumber at email.uscc.net

Solo Mobile:

phonenumber at txt.bell.ca

Sprint:

phonenumber at messaging.sprintpcs.com

Sumcom:

phonenumber at tms.suncom.com

Surewest Communicaitons:

phonenumber at mobile.surewest.com

Telus:

phonenumber at msg.telus.com

Triton:

phonenumber at tms.suncom.com

Unicel:

phonenumber at utext.com

US Cellular:

phonenumber at email.uscc.net

US West:

phonenumber at uswestdatamail.com

Verizon:

phonenumber at vtext.com

Virgin Mobile:

phonenumber at vmobl.com

Virgin Mobile Canada:

phonenumber at vmobile.ca

West Central Wireless:

phonenumber at sms.wcc.net

Western Wireless:

phonenumber at cellularonewest.com

Are there any apps that are usable on the laptop or pc for texting phones? i use to use yahoo messenger for this but I have not used it in a long time and do not wish to install it since I tried it one time on my laptop and was not happy with the enterface of the application on my laptop. If anyone has any suggestions how I can do this, please share. Thanks!

HH. Smith Jr.

Hi  portia

Here is a list I came upon some time ago

Carrier

Domain

AT&T

@txt.att.net (SMS)

@mms.att.net (MMS)

Verizon

@vtext.com (SMS)

@vzwpix.com (MMS)

T-Mobile

@tmomail.net

Sprint

@messaging.sprintpcs.com (SMS)

[personalized name]@pm.sprint.com (MMS)

Alltel

@message.alltel.com

BellSouth Mobility

@blsdcs.net

Blue Sky Frog

@blueskyfrog.com

Boost Mobile

@myboostmobile.com

Cellular South

@csouth1.com

Cellular One West

@mycellone.com

Cellular One

@mobile.celloneusa.com

Cincinnati Bell

@gocbw.com

Cricket

@sms.mycricket.com (SMS)

@mms.mycricket.com (MMS)

Edge Wireless

@sms.edgewireless.com

Einstein PCS

@einsteinsms.com

Metro PCS

@mymetropcs.com

Nextel

@messaging.nextel.com

Orange

@orange.net

Pagenet

@pagenet.pagenet.ca

PCS Rogers

@pcs.rogers.com

Powertel

@voicestream.net

PSC Wireless

@sms.pscel.com

Qualcomm

@pager.qualcomm.com

Qwest

@qwestmp.com

Satelindo GSM

@satelindogsm.com

Safaricom

@safaricomsms.com

Simple Freedom

@text.simplefreedom.net

Skytel-Alphanumeric

@skytel.com

Smart Telecom

@mysmart.mymobile.ph

SunCom

@tms.suncom.com

SureWest Communications

@mobile.surewest.com

SwissCom Mobile

@bluewin.ch

U.S. Cellular

@email.uscc.net

USA Mobility

@usamobility.net

Virgin Mobile Canada

@vmobile.ca

Virgin Mobile USA

@vmobile.com

Weblink Wireless

@airmessage.net

phonenumber at sms.3rivers.net

ACS Wireless:

phonenumber at paging.acswireless.com

Alltel:

phonenumber at message.alltel.com

AT&T:

phonenumber at txt.att.net

Bell Canada:

phonenumber at txt.bellmobility.ca

Bell Canada:

phonenumber at bellmobility.ca

Bell Mobility (Canada):

phonenumber at txt.bell.ca

Bell Mobility:

phonenumber at txt.bellmobility.ca

Blue Sky Frog:

phonenumber at blueskyfrog.com

Bluegrass Cellular:

phonenumber at sms.bluecell.com

Boost Mobile:

phonenumber at myboostmobile.com

BPL Mobile:

phonenumber at bplmobile.com

Carolina West Wireless:

number at cwwsms.com

Cellular One:

phonenumber at mobile.celloneusa.com

Cellular South:

phonenumber at csouth1.com

Centennial Wireless:

phonenumber at cwemail.com

CenturyTel:

phonenumber at messaging.centurytel.net

Clearnet:

phonenumber at msg.clearnet.com

Comcast:

phonenumber at comcastpcs.textmsg.com

Corr Wireless Communications:

phonenumber at corrwireless.net

Dobson:

phonenumber at mobile.dobson.net

Edge Wireless:

phonenumber at sms.edgewireless.com

Fido:

phonenumber at fido.ca

Golden Telecom:

phonenumber at sms.goldentele.com

Helio:

phonenumber at messaging.sprintpcs.com

Houston Cellular:

phonenumber at text.houstoncellular.net

Idea Cellular:

phonenumber at ideacellular.net

Illinois Valley Cellular:

phonenumber at ivctext.com

Inland Cellular Telephone:

phonenumber at inlandlink.com

MCI:

phonenumber at pagemci.com

Metrocall:

pagernumber at page.metrocall.com

Metrocall 2-way:

pagernumber at my2way.com

Metro PCS:

phonenumber at mymetropcs.com

Microcell:

phonenumber at fido.ca

Midwest Wireless:

phonenumber at clearlydigital.com

Mobilcomm:

phonenumber at mobilecomm.net

MTS:

phonenumber at text.mtsmobility.com

Nextel:

phonenumber at messaging.nextel.com

OnlineBeep:

phonenumber at onlinebeep.net

PCS One:

phonenumber at pcsone.net

President's Choice:

phonenumber at txt.bell.ca

Public Service Cellular:

phonenumber at sms.pscel.com

Qwest:

phonenumber at qwestmp.com

Rogers AT&T Wireless:

phonenumber at pcs.rogers.com

Rogers Canada:

phonenumber at pcs.rogers.com

Satellink:

pagernumber.pageme at satellink.net

Southwestern Bell:

phonenumber at email.swbw.com

Sprint:

phonenumber at messaging.sprintpcs.com

Sumcom:

phonenumber at tms.suncom.com

Surewest Communicaitons:

phonenumber at mobile.surewest.com

T-Mobile:

phonenumber at tmomail.net

Telus:

phonenumber at msg.telus.com

Tracfone:

phonenumber at txt.att.net

Triton:

phonenumber at tms.suncom.com

Unicel:

phonenumber at utext.com

US Cellular:

phonenumber at email.uscc.net

Solo Mobile:

phonenumber at txt.bell.ca

Sprint:

phonenumber at messaging.sprintpcs.com

Sumcom:

phonenumber at tms.suncom.com

Surewest Communicaitons:

phonenumber at mobile.surewest.com

Telus:

phonenumber at msg.telus.com

Triton:

phonenumber at tms.suncom.com

Unicel:

phonenumber at utext.com

US Cellular:

phonenumber at email.uscc.net

US West:

phonenumber at uswestdatamail.com

Verizon:

phonenumber at vtext.com

Virgin Mobile:

phonenumber at vmobl.com

Virgin Mobile Canada:

phonenumber at vmobile.ca

West Central Wireless:

phonenumber at sms.wcc.net

Western Wireless:

phonenumber at cellularonewest.com

Are there any apps that are usable on the laptop or pc for texting phones? i use to use yahoo messenger for this but I have not used it in a long time and do not wish to install it since I tried it one time on my laptop and was not happy with the enterface of the application on my laptop. If anyone has any suggestions how I can do this, please share. Thanks!

Mario

yep.

Got it. And, I can use the addresses to send a text from my email?
Portia

Are there any apps that are usable on the laptop or pc for texting
phones? i use to use yahoo messenger for this but I have not used it in
a long time and do not wish to install it since I tried it one time on
my laptop and was not happy with the enterface of the application on my
laptop. If anyone has any suggestions how I can do this, please share.
Thanks!

.

Elaine Young <hidden_spring@...>

Dave,

this is excitingly useful! Thank you so much!!!

-Elaine

phonenumber at sms.3rivers.net

ACS Wireless:

phonenumber at paging.acswireless.com

Alltel:

phonenumber at message.alltel.com

AT&T:

phonenumber at txt.att.net

Bell Canada:

phonenumber at txt.bellmobility.ca

Bell Canada:

phonenumber at bellmobility.ca

Bell Mobility (Canada):

phonenumber at txt.bell.ca

Bell Mobility:

phonenumber at txt.bellmobility.ca

Blue Sky Frog:

phonenumber at blueskyfrog.com

Bluegrass Cellular:

phonenumber at sms.bluecell.com

Boost Mobile:

phonenumber at myboostmobile.com

BPL Mobile:

phonenumber at bplmobile.com

Carolina West Wireless:

number at cwwsms.com

Cellular One:

phonenumber at mobile.celloneusa.com

Cellular South:

phonenumber at csouth1.com

Centennial Wireless:

phonenumber at cwemail.com

CenturyTel:

phonenumber at messaging.centurytel.net

Clearnet:

phonenumber at msg.clearnet.com

Comcast:

phonenumber at comcastpcs.textmsg.com

Corr Wireless Communications:

phonenumber at corrwireless.net

Dobson:

phonenumber at mobile.dobson.net

Edge Wireless:

phonenumber at sms.edgewireless.com

Fido:

phonenumber at fido.ca

Golden Telecom:

phonenumber at sms.goldentele.com

Helio:

phonenumber at messaging.sprintpcs.com

Houston Cellular:

phonenumber at text.houstoncellular.net

Idea Cellular:

phonenumber at ideacellular.net

Illinois Valley Cellular:

phonenumber at ivctext.com

Inland Cellular Telephone:

phonenumber at inlandlink.com

MCI:

phonenumber at pagemci.com

Metrocall:

pagernumber at page.metrocall.com

Metrocall 2-way:

pagernumber at my2way.com

Metro PCS:

phonenumber at mymetropcs.com

Microcell:

phonenumber at fido.ca

Midwest Wireless:

phonenumber at clearlydigital.com

Mobilcomm:

phonenumber at mobilecomm.net

MTS:

phonenumber at text.mtsmobility.com

Nextel:

phonenumber at messaging.nextel.com

OnlineBeep:

phonenumber at onlinebeep.net

PCS One:

phonenumber at pcsone.net

President's Choice:

phonenumber at txt.bell.ca

Public Service Cellular:

phonenumber at sms.pscel.com

Qwest:

phonenumber at qwestmp.com

Rogers AT&T Wireless:

phonenumber at pcs.rogers.com

Rogers Canada:

phonenumber at pcs.rogers.com

Satellink:

pagernumber.pageme at satellink.net

Southwestern Bell:

phonenumber at email.swbw.com

Sprint:

phonenumber at messaging.sprintpcs.com

Sumcom:

phonenumber at tms.suncom.com

Surewest Communicaitons:

phonenumber at mobile.surewest.com

T-Mobile:

phonenumber at tmomail.net

Telus:

phonenumber at msg.telus.com

Tracfone:

phonenumber at txt.att.net

Triton:

phonenumber at tms.suncom.com

Unicel:

phonenumber at utext.com

US Cellular:

phonenumber at email.uscc.net

Solo Mobile:

phonenumber at txt.bell.ca

Sprint:

phonenumber at messaging.sprintpcs.com

Sumcom:

phonenumber at tms.suncom.com

Surewest Communicaitons:

phonenumber at mobile.surewest.com

Telus:

phonenumber at msg.telus.com

Triton:

phonenumber at tms.suncom.com

Unicel:

phonenumber at utext.com

US Cellular:

phonenumber at email.uscc.net

US West:

phonenumber at uswestdatamail.com

Verizon:

phonenumber at vtext.com

Virgin Mobile:

phonenumber at vmobl.com

Virgin Mobile Canada:

phonenumber at vmobile.ca

West Central Wireless:

phonenumber at sms.wcc.net

Western Wireless:

phonenumber at cellularonewest.com

--

The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us. - C. S. Lewis

I'm curious, for somebody who has an iPhone or other smartphone, why would I want to go through so much trouble in terms of looking up somebody's number to find out who their carrier is and then send them a text message via email to which they can't reply? Why not just text them via your iPhone or Android phone since most likely you would want to receive a reply.

Are there any apps that are usable on the laptop or pc for texting phones? i use to use yahoo messenger for this but I have not used it in a long time and do not wish to install it since I tried it one time on my laptop and was not happy with the enterface of the application on my laptop. If anyone has any suggestions how I can do this, please share.
Thanks!

Portia Mason

I was curious since there may be times I need to send a file to someone and need to use my email client to do this.
I don't have drop box on my android since I don't have enough storage on it to run it.
Portia

I'm curious, for somebody who has an iPhone or other smartphone, why would I want to go through so much trouble in terms of looking up somebody's number to find out who their carrier is and then send them a text message via email to which they can't reply? Why not just text them via your iPhone or Android phone since most likely you would want to receive a reply.

Are there any apps that are usable on the laptop or pc for texting phones? i use to use yahoo messenger for this but I have not used it in a long time and do not wish to install it since I tried it one time on my laptop and was not happy with the enterface of the application on my laptop. If anyone has any suggestions how I can do this, please share.
Thanks!

Why would you need storage to have your Dropbox app? On mobile devices your Dropbox content is not downloaded tro the deviced unless you specifically tell it to download certain files. All you need is a few Megs to install the Dropbox app which then let's you access your files via WiFi or cellular data.

[...]

True but I a lot of apps now and I don't have enough space for it.

Portia

[...]

say you want to send a text to your friend's.colleague's cell phone but
you don't know which carrier they use. now you can find out without
having to call them just to ask.

Are there any apps that are usable on the laptop or pc for texting
phones? i use to use yahoo messenger for this but I have not used it in
a long time and do not wish to install it since I tried it one time on
my laptop and was not happy with the enterface of the application on my
laptop. If anyone has any suggestions how I can do this, please share.
Thanks!

Tony

If you text from a PC the reply will come back as an e-mail.

Tony