Topics

moderated Putting download folder on desktop

Fred Adams

I am using W 10, latest jaws and outlook 2019 and I would appreciate it very
much if someone would tell me how to put a download folder on my desktop.

Thanks much,

FRED C. ADAMS W4HC
THE HOUR IS LATE AND
THE NIGHT IS FAR SPENT

Dean Martineau

There are various ways to do this. Here's one: focus on the downloads folder
in File Explorer. If you're already viewing it, backspace and focus on the
Downloads folder from that list.

Press the context menu key, then N for Send To, then D until you hear
Desktop Create Shortcut, and press enter.

Dean

I am using W 10, latest jaws and outlook 2019 and I would appreciate it very
much if someone would tell me how to put a download folder on my desktop.

Thanks much,

FRED C. ADAMS W4HC
THE HOUR IS LATE AND
THE NIGHT IS FAR SPENT

Van Lant, Robin

Do you know how to navigate to your download folder within File Explorer? What I do is open File Explorer with Windows key + E, Shift tab once to get to the tree view area then arrow down till you hear Downloads. You may need to expand one of the headers, such as This computer" to find it. Once you get there, hit the application key and arrow down to "Send To". On the submenu, select Desktop create shortcut". This will put a shortcut called "Downloads - shortcut" onto your desktop.

I am using W 10, latest jaws and outlook 2019 and I would appreciate it very much if someone would tell me how to put a download folder on my desktop.

Thanks much,

FRED C. ADAMS W4HC
THE HOUR IS LATE AND
THE NIGHT IS FAR SPENT

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114
send an e-mail to mailto:DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the
SUBJECT line.

Fred Adams

Dean, thanks much for info. I am saving your info.

I am using W 10, latest jaws and outlook 2019 and I would appreciate it very
much if someone would tell me how to put a download folder on my desktop.

Thanks much,

FRED C. ADAMS W4HC
THE HOUR IS LATE AND
THE NIGHT IS FAR SPENT

Fred Adams

Thanks much for the info. I now have a download folder on desktop. I am
saving your info.