latest Firefox and latest Jaws

Tom <tomcat509@...>

                Hi,

Is the latest Firefox, version 57 I think,accessible with the recently released Jaws 18.0.4321?

My current F F version is around 52 and thought it would be worth checking before updating especially now that Jaws 18.0.4321 has been installed.

If not, is the latest FF accessible with the soon to be released Jaws 2018?

Thanks

Tom

Gerald Levy

Some users on another list have suddenly started experiencing serious problems with Firefox and JAWS, but it is not clear what the cause is.  They have reported that web browsing has suddenly slowed down significantly, and some web pages will not load at all.  And they cannot even close Firefox once it has been opened, forcing them to perform a hard shutdown and reboot in order to restore things to normal.  It is possible That these users were automatically updated to FF 57, which has apparently undergone some major structural changes that may affect its compatibility with screen readers.  So I suggest sticking with FF 52 and avoid updating to FF 57.

Gerald

Is the latest Firefox, version 57 I think,accessible with the recently released Jaws 18.0.4321?

My current F F version is around 52 and thought it would be worth checking before updating especially now that Jaws 18.0.4321 has been installed.

If not, is the latest FF accessible with the soon to be released Jaws 2018?

Thanks

Tom

Jason White

The latest JAWS 2018 public beta release includes enhancements needed to support the new version of firefox.

[...]

Has anyone successfully tested Firefox 57 with JAWS 2018 beta?  And will add-ons like Webvisum, Plain Old Favorites and Navigational Sounds work in FF 57?

Gerald

Sent: Saturday, October 07, 2017 9:35 AM

[...]

Dave...

Tom,

That latest build of JAWS 18 is supposed to support FF 57, according to the Enhancements and Fixes page.

Dave

Is the latest Firefox, version 57 I think,accessible with the recently released Jaws 18.0.4321?

My current F F version is around 52 and thought it would be worth checking before updating especially now that Jaws 18.0.4321 has been installed.

If not, is the latest FF accessible with the soon to be released Jaws 2018?

Thanks

Tom

Mario

practically, Web Visum is unfortunately dead because as I understand,
versions of Firefox 52 and above will gradually stop working with
extensions/addons that do not support (can't think of the right word
(the new architecture?)) that will ultimately be used in FF 57 and
beyond. however, a portable version of an older version of Firefox can
still make use of the Web Visum extension for those times when a CAPTCHA
needs to be solved to complete whatever it's used for.

The latest JAWS 2018 public beta release includes enhancements needed to
support the new version of firefox.

Is the latest Firefox, version 57 I think,accessible with the recently
released Jaws 18.0.4321?

My current F F version is around 52 and thought it would be worth
checking before updating especially now that Jaws 18.0.4321 has been
installed.

If not, is the latest FF accessible with the soon to be released Jaws 2018?

Thanks

Tom

Mario

PS: I'm not sure about any other addons, like Navigational Sounds, Plain
Old Favorites, or whatever other addons blind users use.

The latest JAWS 2018 public beta release includes enhancements needed to
support the new version of firefox.

Is the latest Firefox, version 57 I think,accessible with the recently
released Jaws 18.0.4321?

My current F F version is around 52 and thought it would be worth
checking before updating especially now that Jaws 18.0.4321 has been
installed.

If not, is the latest FF accessible with the soon to be released Jaws 2018?

Thanks

Tom

.

Tom <tomcat509@...>

Thanks to those who replied to my question regarding F F 57 andJaws.

As Jaws 2018 will be released before the end of the month, I’ll wait until then before doing anything about updateing FF to the latest version.

Tom

[...]

Using: W10 Home 64 bit with all updates.

Well, I posted the below message earlier today but the situation has been taken out of my hands.

F F updated itself, although it was not supposed to, to the latest version and from a brief exploration, it seems to work ok with both Jaws 18.0.4321 and NVDA.

The latest version of Windoweyes is a complete flop though.

Tom

[...]

netbat66

i don't know if this makes a difference. but 55 and up now uses 2 c p u cores instead of 1
also in about 3 months none of your add ons will work anymore unless the authors update them to the new standard that was emplimented with firefox 55.