routing the cursor in gmail

Patrick Johnson

Group,

Using latest version of JAWS on a Win 10 machine and reading my gmail
messages with the Firefox browser. A challenge I am having is being
able to save attachments within messages. Using Window Eyes I could
go to the attachment and <shift>-F10 and get an option to save link
as. When I try this using JAWS I get options to save the background.
I am guessing I need to route the cursors to where I am at.

I have tried
* <insert>- "+" to activate the virtual cursor and still do not get
the correct choice
* Also tried <insert>- "-" and get an error message.

I think this is the same issue when I try and log into m.facebook.com
and can not activate the login button.

Thanks,

Patrick

Carol Smith

One difference that I have noticed is that clicking on a link as in Window-Eyes doees not properly work. The Jaws focus is slightly different. If you have an actual link, instead of placing your cursor on it, move up one line and then tab to the link. Jaws will then see it as a link and you can click whichever method you would normally use. Hope this helps.

Carol

On 9/29/2017 11:32 AM, Patrick Johnson wrote:
Group,

Using latest version of JAWS on a Win 10 machine and reading my gmail
messages with the Firefox browser. A challenge I am having is being
able to save attachments within messages. Using Window Eyes I could
go to the attachment and <shift>-F10 and get an option to save link
as. When I try this using JAWS I get options to save the background.
I am guessing I need to route the cursors to where I am at.

I have tried
* <insert>- "+" to activate the virtual cursor and still do not get
the correct choice
* Also tried <insert>- "-" and get an error message.

I think this is the same issue when I try and log into m.facebook.com
and can not activate the login button.

Thanks,

Patrick

Mario

open the email with the attachment.
press alt, m, h.
you should find the filename of the attachment.
press right arrow and down arrow to save as, and press enter.
the rest is standard procedure.

you can also take a look as to what other things you can do with an
attachment besides saving it.