JAWS PROBLEM

Gery Gaubert <ggaubert@...>

I am using the current beta of jaws and also using version 18 on 2 computers.  On my work computer in office 2013 I press alt

I can then change the way messages are sorted.  I get the choices  date, from, to etc.

On my home computer with either version of jaws this does not work.  I can press alt, then v, but can’t sort by name or date.  Any ideas?

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Make sure that Vertual Ribbon is not checked on your home computer. This is in JAWS Options, under Miscellaneous. The default configuration must be loaded before this can be changed.

Bill White

Billwhite92701@...

I am using the current beta of jaws and also using version 18 on 2 computers.  On my work computer in office 2013 I press alt

I can then change the way messages are sorted.  I get the choices  date, from, to etc.

On my home computer with either version of jaws this does not work.  I can press alt, then v, but can’t sort by name or date.  Any ideas?

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi again, Gery. I should have also included that the Vertual Ribbons option is in Settings Center. Use either JAWS key plus F2, or use JAWS key plus the number six under the function keys. Then navigate to Miscellaneous and find Vertual Ribbons, or use the Search Box and type in Vertual Ribbon. Then load Default Configuration with CONTROL SHIFT plus D.

Bill White

Billwhite92701@...

I am using the current beta of jaws and also using version 18 on 2 computers.  On my work computer in office 2013 I press alt

I can then change the way messages are sorted.  I get the choices  date, from, to etc.

On my home computer with either version of jaws this does not work.  I can press alt, then v, but can’t sort by name or date.  Any ideas?

Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>

Try Alt

Best from,

Carolyn

I am using the current beta of jaws and also using version
18 on 2 computers. On my work computer in office 2013 I
press alt

I can then change the way messages are sorted. I get the
choices date, from, to etc.

On my home computer with either version of jaws this does
not work. I can press alt, then v, but can't sort by name
or date. Any ideas?

Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>

Oh, I never even think of virtual ribbons, good that you
gave that reminder.

Best from,

Carolyn

Billwhite92701@dslextreme.com

I am using the current beta of jaws and also using version
18 on 2 computers. On my work computer in office 2013 I
press alt

I can then change the way messages are sorted. I get the
choices date, from, to etc.

On my home computer with either version of jaws this does
not work. I can press alt, then v, but can't sort by name
or date. Any ideas?

Steve Nutt

Hi,

Yes, turn off the virtual ribbon.  It seems to screw with Office shortcut keys.

All the best

Steve