moderated A Strange Jaws Cursor Problem

soner

Hello Listers, I face a weird issue in Jaws Cursor mode only on Google
Chrome browser that, though I could read lines through arrow keys, I
cannot locate a word or a letter. In other words, I cannot navigate
word by word or character by character in Jaws Cursor Mode. When I try
to do it, It just says, "space". That is a problem, because I cannot
move on where I like to get, thus cannot simulate mouse click .
The problem 'is encountered with the final JFW2020 on Windows 10 Pro Edition.

Anybody having this issue or any solution?

Thanks in advance.

Chris Hill

Have you tried doing it in virtual cursor mode, then routing the jaws cursor and clicking?  I think that's how I've always had to do it.

On 11/20/2019 02:48, soner wrote:
Hello Listers, I face a weird issue in Jaws Cursor mode only on Google
Chrome browser that, though I could read lines through arrow keys, I
cannot locate a word or a letter. In other words, I cannot navigate
word by word or character by character in Jaws Cursor Mode. When I try
to do it, It just says, "space". That is a problem, because I cannot
move on where I like to get, thus cannot simulate mouse click .
The problem 'is encountered with the final JFW2020 on Windows 10 Pro Edition.

Anybody having this issue or any solution?

Thanks in advance.

Glenn / Lenny

I have never used Jaws cursor on a web page, it has never worked for me and I can read everything on a page with the PC cursor.
Glenn

Hello Listers, I face a weird issue in Jaws Cursor mode only on Google
Chrome browser that, though I could read lines through arrow keys, I
cannot locate a word or a letter. In other words, I cannot navigate
word by word or character by character in Jaws Cursor Mode. When I try
to do it, It just says, "space". That is a problem, because I cannot
move on where I like to get, thus cannot simulate mouse click .
The problem 'is encountered with the final JFW2020 on Windows 10 Pro Edition.

Anybody having this issue or any solution?

Thanks in advance.

After you switch to the Jaws cursor do you make sure it is "unrestricted"? Press Jaws key + R until you hear "unrestricted", then try to navigate.

Hello Listers, I face a weird issue in Jaws Cursor mode only on Google Chrome browser that, though I could read lines through arrow keys, I cannot locate a word or a letter. In other words, I cannot navigate word by word or character by character in Jaws Cursor Mode. When I try to do it, It just says, "space". That is a problem, because I cannot move on where I like to get, thus cannot simulate mouse click .
The problem 'is encountered with the final JFW2020 on Windows 10 Pro Edition.

Anybody having this issue or any solution?

Thanks in advance.

There are certainly situations where the Jaws cursor has to be used. For example, if I go onto the Air Miles website here in Canada to book a flight, I have to enter the starting point or airport code of my flight and once you type all or part of it, the name or the city and airport pop up usually somewhere below the edit field and the only way to get to it is with the Jaws cursor and if you don't and you don't click it, you can't continue with the booking.
Then you have to repeat with your destination city/airport and after that choosing departure and return date is even worse since a calendar pops up on the screen and again you have to use the Jaws cursor to try and find the date and simulate a left mouse click.

I have never used Jaws cursor on a web page, it has never worked for me and I can read everything on a page with the PC cursor.
Glenn
Hello Listers, I face a weird issue in Jaws Cursor mode only on Google
Chrome browser that, though I could read lines through arrow keys, I
cannot locate a word or a letter. In other words, I cannot navigate
word by word or character by character in Jaws Cursor Mode. When I try
to do it, It just says, "space". That is a problem, because I cannot
move on where I like to get, thus cannot simulate mouse click .
The problem 'is encountered with the final JFW2020 on Windows 10 Pro
Edition.

Anybody having this issue or any solution?

Thanks in advance.

soner

Hello, the issue is not navigation, I can use he up and down arrow
keys. However, if I would like to move on to an element only
accessible in Jaws cursor mode to simulate a mouse click or read a
text by using word by word or character by character navigation, the
only response I receive is, "space".

[...]

I am writing now on a Windows 7 PC and Jaws Cursor works fine on
Chrome here. Could anybody test Jaws cursor on Windows 10 with Google
Chrome and verify it please?

Thanks a lot in advance

On 11/21/19, soner <soner.boun@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Mike B.

Hi Soner,

I tried it and got the same results as yourself, so this is what I did to make the Jaws cursor work in Chrome.
1. Open the Settings Center while in Chrome with, Insert + 6, on the number row.
2. Navigate to the, Miscellaneous folder, this the one near the bottom, #24 of 25.
3. Right arrow to open, down arrow to, MSAA..., and if this is set on either, Automatic or Enhanced, press the spacebar until Jaws reports, Classic, now tab to, Apply, press the spacebar, tab to, Okay, and press enter to save and close.

On 11/21/19, soner <soner.boun@...> wrote:
> Hello, the issue is not navigation, I can use he up and down arrow
> keys. However, if I would like to move on to an element only
> accessible in Jaws cursor mode to simulate a mouse click or read a
> text by using word by word or character by character navigation, the
> only response I receive is, "space".
>
> On 11/21/19, Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...> wrote:
>> There are certainly situations where the Jaws cursor has to be used. For
>> example, if I go onto the Air Miles website here in Canada to book a
>> flight,
>> I have to enter the starting point or airport code of my flight and once
>> you
>> type all or part of it, the name or the city and airport pop up usually
>> somewhere below the edit field and the only way to get to it is with the
>> Jaws cursor and if you don't and you don't click it, you can't continue
>> with
>> the booking.
>> Then you have to repeat with your destination city/airport and after that
>> choosing departure and return date is even worse since a calendar pops up
>> on
>> the screen and again you have to use the Jaws cursor to try and find the
>> date and simulate a left mouse click.

I get the same thing until I set the Jaws cursor to unrestricted the way I described.
You can test this by simply opening www.google.com, then do the following:
1. Activate the Jaws cursor
2. Press Page Down to go to the bottom of the page with the Jaws cursor
3. Do a Say line (Jaws Key + NumPad 8), you will hear the following:
JAWS
Advertising Business How Search works Privacy Terms Settings
3. Say you want to click on "How search works" with the Jaws cursor, after Jaws reads this to you, try to use word by word navigation Jaws Key + Right arrow, to go to the word "How" in "How search works". You'll find Jaws says "blank" and nothing happens.
4. Now press Jaws Key + R several times until you hear "unrestricted"
5. Now press Jaws Key + Right arrow again, for me at least I can now easily navigate to "How search works" press the NumPad Slash to simulate a left mouse click and the page loads.

Regards,
Sieghard