looking for Jaws keystroke for WE command

Carol Smith

Hi,

In Window-Eyes, it was possible to move the mouse pointer by pixels. My brother has a web site where he must route the mouse to a certain letter on the screen and then navigate 20 pixels upward in order to click on a specific point on the screen.

example:

the word "name" is in position 340 (horizontal) and 444 (vertical)

The letter "e" in "name" is at position 356, 444

He needs to move the mouse from the e to position 356, 424 in order to click the invisible button.

Is there a way he can do this with Jaws? He is running Win10 and is still learning how to get around with Jaws. Thanks for any help.

Carol

John Covici

I think its alt-shift and down/up/lwft/right arrow keys. It goes by 2
pixels by default if I remember correctly.

On Wed, 27 Sep 2017 20:13:47 -0400,
Carol Smith via Groups.Io wrote:

Hi,

In Window-Eyes, it was possible to move the mouse pointer by
pixels. My brother has a web site where he must route the mouse
to a certain letter on the screen and then navigate 20 pixels
upward in order to click on a specific point on the screen.

example:

the word "name" is in position 340 (horizontal) and 444 (vertical)

The letter "e" in "name" is at position 356, 444

He needs to move the mouse from the e to position 356, 424 in
order to click the invisible button.

Is there a way he can do this with Jaws? He is running Win10 and
is still learning how to get around with Jaws. Thanks for any
help.

Carol

How do
you spend it?

John Covici
covici@ccs.covici.com

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Carol,

I've never tried doing what you & your brother are attempting, but try the keystroke, Jaws key + delete, this routes the virtual cursor to the PC cursor.
Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
Sent from my iBarstool.

Sent: Wednesday, September 27, 2017 5:13 PM
Subject: looking for Jaws keystroke for WE command

Hi,

In Window-Eyes, it was possible to move the mouse pointer by pixels.  My
brother has a web site where he must route the mouse to a certain letter
on the screen and then navigate 20 pixels upward in order to click on a
specific point on the screen.

example:

the word "name" is in position 340 (horizontal) and 444 (vertical)

The letter "e" in "name" is at position 356, 444

He needs to move the mouse from the e to position 356, 424 in order to
click the invisible button.

Is there a way he can do this with Jaws?  He is running Win10 and is
still learning how to get around with Jaws.  Thanks for any help.

Carol

Carol Smith

Thank you, Gentlemen.  I will send my brother your information.  One thing, though, I found that insert-Jawsdash routes Jaws to PC.  The numpad-delete removes characters or, if the numlock key is on, it adds a period.  This should be enough information for him to figure out what he wants to do.  Also, is it possible to move by small amounts when using the touch cursor, or is this something that only works with the Jaws cursor?

Carol

Sent: Wednesday, September 27, 2017 5:13 PM

Hi,

In Window-Eyes, it was possible to move the mouse pointer by pixels.  My
brother has a web site where he must route the mouse to a certain letter
on the screen and then navigate 20 pixels upward in order to click on a
specific point on the screen.

example:

the word "name" is in position 340 (horizontal) and 444 (vertical)

The letter "e" in "name" is at position 356, 444

He needs to move the mouse from the e to position 356, 424 in order to
click the invisible button.

Is there a way he can do this with Jaws?  He is running Win10 and is
still learning how to get around with Jaws.  Thanks for any help.

Carol

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Carol,

Not numpad delete, it's Insert / Jaws key + delete.  This routes the virtual cursor to the PC cursor.
Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
Sent from my iBarstool.

Sent: Wednesday, September 27, 2017 5:13 PM

Hi,

In Window-Eyes, it was possible to move the mouse pointer by pixels.  My
brother has a web site where he must route the mouse to a certain letter
on the screen and then navigate 20 pixels upward in order to click on a
specific point on the screen.

example:

the word "name" is in position 340 (horizontal) and 444 (vertical)

The letter "e" in "name" is at position 356, 444

He needs to move the mouse from the e to position 356, 424 in order to
click the invisible button.

Is there a way he can do this with Jaws?  He is running Win10 and is
still learning how to get around with Jaws.  Thanks for any help.

Carol

Carol Smith

Thank you.  I did figure that out.  I was responding to a couple of messages at the same time and did not include all of the information I was sent.  I tried it and routed the jaws cursor to the pc by using insert and the dash key on the top right of the numpad.  I will have to try your method, also.  I just tried insert-delete and was told this feature is only available in virtual document.  I pressed escape to put my mesage in virtual view and tried insert-delete and it said virtual cursor routed to pc.  Even when not in virtual view, insert plus numpad dash still says jaws is routed to pc, so I think that is the one I shall give my brother to use.  Thank you for the other information.

Carol

Sent: Wednesday, September 27, 2017 5:13 PM

Hi,

In Window-Eyes, it was possible to move the mouse pointer by pixels.  My
brother has a web site where he must route the mouse to a certain letter
on the screen and then navigate 20 pixels upward in order to click on a
specific point on the screen.

example:

the word "name" is in position 340 (horizontal) and 444 (vertical)

The letter "e" in "name" is at position 356, 444

He needs to move the mouse from the e to position 356, 424 in order to
click the invisible button.

Is there a way he can do this with Jaws?  He is running Win10 and is
still learning how to get around with Jaws.  Thanks for any help.

Carol

Jonas Voll

I think you will need to use one of the other Jaws Cursors!
I will recommend you turn on your Jaws help and play with this!

Jonas Voll
Support Technician I
Envision, Inc.
2301 S Water ST
Wichita, KS 67213
O: 316-425-7141
F: 316-267-4312
www.envisionus.com

[...]

If you consider this email to be spam please forward it to 'spam@nospam.envisionus.com'

Carol Smith

Hello Jonas,

What do you mean by turning on Jaws help? Thanks.

CAROL

On 9/28/2017 7:57 AM, Jonas Voll wrote:
[...]

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi, Carol. By turning on JAWS help, I believe he means the keystroke:
JAWS key plus the number one under the function keys.

This causes JAWS to tell you what a key or key combination does in JAWS.

Bill White
Billwhite92701@dslextreme.com

[...]

DUH! In Window-Eyes, that is the same as key describer. Funny how we forget to use the simple things, grin. Thanks.

Carol

On 9/28/2017 2:24 PM, Bill White wrote:
[...]

Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>

If you press Jaws Key and 1, it gives functions of JAWS hot keys, and if you press the key twice, more information.

Best from,

Carolyn

[...]

Shannon

Carol

I come late to this discussion but...
When your Brother finally gets this particular area found with the mouse can he then use the place marker functions of JAWS to get there all the time?
If I understood the functions of this ability it can be website specific and he can just use the placemarker list to go directly to that point.
I just thought it was worth a suggestion.
Anyone with more experience with the placemarkers should absolutely jump in here and correct my understanding.
Shannon

Carol Smith

Thank you. I passed along the information, but never heard whether he was able to do it. I know the company changes the place he needs to click from time to time, but if this works, it would be a great idea. I will read more about placemarkers and let him know about that option.

Carol

On 10/19/2017 1:22 PM, Shannon wrote:
Carol

I come late to this discussion but...
When your Brother finally gets this particular area found with the mouse can he then use the place marker functions of JAWS to get there all the time?
If I understood the functions of this ability it can be website specific and he can just use the placemarker list to go directly to that point.
I just thought it was worth a suggestion.
Anyone with more experience with the placemarkers should absolutely jump in here and correct my understanding.
Shannon

Steve Nutt

Hi,

Place markers only work on the web, don't they?

The Snowman's Hotspot Clicker script would be better for this.

All the best

Steve

When your Brother finally gets this particular area found with the mouse can he then use the place marker functions of JAWS to get there all the time?
If I understood the functions of this ability it can be website specific and he can just use the placemarker list to go directly to that point.
I just thought it was worth a suggestion.
Anyone with more experience with the placemarkers should absolutely jump in here and correct my understanding.
Shannon

Jonas Voll

No, Place markers Work in many places such as PDF, Doc, Html!

Jonas Voll
Support Technician I
Envision, Inc.
2301 S Water ST
Wichita, KS 67213
O: 316-425-7141
F: 316-267-4312
www.envisionus.com

When your Brother finally gets this particular area found with the mouse can he then use the place marker functions of JAWS to get there all the time?
If I understood the functions of this ability it can be website specific and he can just use the placemarker list to go directly to that point.
I just thought it was worth a suggestion.
Anyone with more experience with the placemarkers should absolutely jump in here and correct my understanding.
Shannon

If you consider this email to be spam please forward it to 'spam@nospam.envisionus.com'

Carol Smith

Hi Steve,

I was the original poster for this topic. Yes, this would be for a web site.

With Window-Eyes, my brother could go to the site he needed and search for a specific word. He could then use the WE mouse keys and navigate up a certain number of pixels and then move slightly to the right, where he could then click on an upload button that was not seen by Window-Eyes. Here is an example:

The letter "a" in the word "name" is at position 200:200.
The button to upload is at position 205:185.
There is no text or graphic that is available to click on. To click the button, he finds the a in name and then moves his mouse pointer up from 200 to 185 by pressing the move up command three times and then moves to the right by pressing the move right command one time. He is then on the upload button and can use his mouse click key to press the button.

He never got to a place in Window-Eyes where he could set up a placemarker, and he is only just getting started with Jaws. His PC is a Win10 desktop. How can one move by pixels in Jaws? Thank you.

Carol

On 10/25/2017 6:56 AM, Steve Nutt wrote:
Hi,

Place markers only work on the web, don't they?

The Snowman's Hotspot Clicker script would be better for this.

All the best

Steve

When your Brother finally gets this particular area found with the mouse can he then use the place marker functions of JAWS to get there all the time?
If I understood the functions of this ability it can be website specific and he can just use the placemarker list to go directly to that point.
I just thought it was worth a suggestion.
Anyone with more experience with the placemarkers should absolutely jump in here and correct my understanding.
Shannon

Nermin

Hi Carol,

you can only move by pixels using the JAWS cursor, but I don't remember the keystroke at the moment.
I don't think it would be useful on a web page though.

What's the address of that site?

Regards,
Nermin

Steve Nutt

Yes, but still only in browse mode. Not if you want to click somewhere with the mouse.

All the best

Steve

When your Brother finally gets this particular area found with the mouse can he then use the place marker functions of JAWS to get there all the time?
If I understood the functions of this ability it can be website specific and he can just use the placemarker list to go directly to that point.
I just thought it was worth a suggestion.
Anyone with more experience with the placemarkers should absolutely jump in here and correct my understanding.
Shannon

If you consider this email to be spam please forward it to 'spam@nospam.envisionus.com'

Steve Nutt

Hi,

OK, here's a thought.

Find the word you want, as usual with JAWS find.

The mouse will actually be placed on that word, especially if it is a link.

Now to move right slightly, press Alt-Shift-Right arrow, this will move the physical mouse three pixels by default. I believe you can change this default in settings.

Then left click in the same way you did with WE.

All the best
Steve

When your Brother finally gets this particular area found with the mouse can he then use the place marker functions of JAWS to get there all the time?
If I understood the functions of this ability it can be website specific and he can just use the placemarker list to go directly to that point.
I just thought it was worth a suggestion.
Anyone with more experience with the placemarkers should absolutely jump in here and correct my understanding.
Shannon

Steve Nutt

Yes it is, it works well. Alt-Shift-Arrow keys.

All the best

Steve