From: Jim L
Sent: Wednesday, February 10, 2016 12:42 PM
Subject: uninstalling talking installer

Heya folks,

Been doing a general clean up of my windows 7 PC and found I had a few versions of Jaws talking installers still installed which I uninstalled those Jaws versions awhile ago, as am using the latest Jaws 17 now. Is it safe to uninstall those older talking installers 15 and 16 and won’t affect my latest version 17 in any way?

Cheers,

Jim

Mike and Jenna <schwaltze@...>

Hi,

I always uninstall all the talking installers with no problems.

Been doing a general clean up of my windows 7 PC and found I had a few versions of Jaws talking installers still installed which I uninstalled those Jaws versions awhile ago, as am using the latest Jaws 17 now. Is it safe to uninstall those older talking installers 15 and 16 and won’t affect my latest version 17 in any way?

Cheers,

Jim

Howard Traxler <howard@...>

Not for the installer, but:  one time I uninstalled jaws and it crashed my whole hard drive.  It had to be cleaned and formatted.  Someone here told me that I should have been using the jaws I was trying to uninstall.  I think: no matter which way you do it, there are no guarantys.

<HT>

Hi, Jim. You'll be fine as long as the Talking Installer you are removing is not for the current version you are using for JAWS.