Google Drive!

Jonas Voll

Hey all so Google drive is now Backup and Sync from Google!

And it is not working with Jaws, I am on 18 and win 10.

Jonas Voll
Support Technician I
Envision, Inc.
2301 S Water ST
Wichita, KS 67213
O: 316-425-7141
F: 316-267-4312
www.envisionus.com

Envision: To improve the quality of life and provide inspiration for the blind and visually impaired through employment, outreach, rehabilitation, education and research.

NOTICE: This electronic mail message and any attached files are confidential. The information is exclusively for the use of the individual or entity intended as the recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying, printing, reviewing, retention, disclosure, distribution or forwarding of the message or any attached file is not authorized and is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail message in error, please advise the sender by reply electronic mail immediately and permanently delete the original transmission, any attachments and any copies of this message from your computer system.

Jason White

I just tried it with JAWS here. When I run it, I’m placed in a File Explorer window that shows my Google Drive files.

What exactly isn’t working for you?

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jonas Voll
Sent: Wednesday, September 6, 2017 3:21 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Google Drive!

Jonas Voll
Support Technician I
Envision, Inc.
2301 S Water ST
Wichita, KS 67213
www.envisionus.com

Envision: To improve the quality of life and provide inspiration for the blind and visually impaired through employment, outreach, rehabilitation, education and research.

NOTICE: This electronic mail message and any attached files are confidential. The information is exclusively for the use of the individual or entity intended as the recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying, printing, reviewing, retention, disclosure, distribution or forwarding of the message or any attached file is not authorized and is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail message in error, please advise the sender by reply electronic mail immediately and permanently delete the original transmission, any attachments and any copies of this message from your computer system.

Vlad Dragomir

Hello,

Yes that's right. And I had a long and tedious email correspondance with the support team at Google Drive, during which they did their best trying to convince me that the problem wasn't their software, but the configuration of my computer. In turn, I tried to convince them that the client needed at least labeled buttons, radio buttons and check boxes. It was long, frustrating, and without results. My last email never received an answer.

For the time being, I bitterly give up.

A very good evening to all of you!

Vlad.

David & his pack of dogs

The best defense is a good offense. In other words, blame you or the user
for the manufacture's mistake. It is a classic method. It is also a way
manufactures get out of honoring warranty's, blame the user.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Vlad
Dragomir
Sent: September 6, 2017 1:28 PM
Subject: Re: Google Drive!

Hello,

Yes that's right. And I had a long and tedious email correspondance with the
support team at Google Drive, during which they did their best trying to
convince me that the problem wasn't their software, but the configuration of
my computer. In turn, I tried to convince them that the client needed at
least labeled buttons, radio buttons and check boxes.
It was long, frustrating, and without results. My last email never received
an answer.

For the time being, I bitterly give up.

A very good evening to all of you!

Vlad.

Jonas Voll

The new one is not very good the part you use to log in and the menue down by your clock is not reading!

Jonas Voll
Support Technician I
Envision, Inc.
2301 S Water ST
Wichita, KS 67213
www.envisionus.com

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jason White via Groups.Io
Sent: Wednesday, September 6, 2017 6:48 PM

I just tried it with JAWS here. When I run it, I’m placed in a File Explorer window that shows my Google Drive files.

Jonas Voll
Support Technician I
Envision, Inc.
2301 S Water ST
Wichita, KS 67213
www.envisionus.com

SonicWall identified this message as clean.
To manage your junk mail go to https://nospam.envisionus.com 
and 
logon with your domain userid and password.
If you consider this email to be spam please forward it to 
'spam@...'

Jason White

I went into the system tray, found the “Google Drive” button, activated it, and was able to read the controls that were displayed. To find out how much storage was in use, I needed to use the touch cursor, but I could navigate between the buttons with Tab and Shift+tab.

Sent: Thursday, September 7, 2017 7:41 AM

The new one is not very good the part you use to log in and the menue down by your clock is not reading!

Jonas Voll
Support Technician I
Envision, Inc.
2301 S Water ST
Wichita, KS 67213
www.envisionus.com

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jason White via Groups.Io

Jonas Voll
Support Technician I
Envision, Inc.
2301 S Water ST
Wichita, KS 67213
www.envisionus.com

and 
'spam@...'

Jonas Voll

What is the name of your icon in the system tray?

Jonas Voll
Support Technician I
Envision, Inc.
2301 S Water ST
Wichita, KS 67213
www.envisionus.com

Sent: Thursday, September 7, 2017 7:04 AM

I went into the system tray, found the “Google Drive” button, activated it, and was able to read the controls that were displayed. To find out how much storage was in use, I needed to use the touch cursor, but I could navigate between the buttons with Tab and Shift+tab.

Jonas Voll
Support Technician I
Envision, Inc.
2301 S Water ST
Wichita, KS 67213
www.envisionus.com

Jonas Voll
Support Technician I
Envision, Inc.
2301 S Water ST
Wichita, KS 67213
www.envisionus.com

and 
'spam@...'

As an aside, Google Drive Sync still works.   I have a copy of the software that I'd be happy to share with anyone who wants it.  I've not changed over to Google's latest and greatest and probably won't, as I don't use Google Photos.

--
Brian  Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1703, Build 15063  (dot level on request - it changes too often to keep in signature)

If you don't like someone, the way he holds his spoon will make you furious; if you do like him, he can turn his plate over into your lap and you won't mind.     ~ Irving Becker

Jonas Voll

The Google drive install file will download the latest version, unless you got the Offline install!

Jonas Voll
Support Technician I
Envision, Inc.
2301 S Water ST
Wichita, KS 67213
www.envisionus.com

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Thursday, September 7, 2017 10:20 AM

As an aside, Google Drive Sync still works.   I have a copy of the software that I'd be happy to share with anyone who wants it.  I've not changed over to Google's latest and greatest and probably won't, as I don't use Google Photos.

--
Brian  Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1703, Build 15063  (dot level on request - it changes too often to keep in signature)

If you don't like someone, the way he holds his spoon will make you furious; if you do like him, he can turn his plate over into your lap and you won't mind.     ~ Irving Becker

and 
'spam@...'

Just based on the file size of a bit over 1000 KB I am doubting that this is the offline installer.  

If someone happens to have the offline installer that would be ideal.

--

Jonas Voll

Try some of the files on,

http://www.oldversion.com/windows/google-drive-1-7-4018-3496

I am not shure what version to get!

Jonas Voll
Support Technician I
Envision, Inc.
2301 S Water ST
Wichita, KS 67213
www.envisionus.com

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Thursday, September 7, 2017 11:06 AM

Just based on the file size of a bit over 1000 KB I am doubting that this is the offline installer.  

If someone happens to have the offline installer that would be ideal.

--

and 
'spam@...'

Jonas,

Thanks, but I don't need it myself as I never upgraded and currently have Google Drive Sync installed and continuing to run on my machine.

I also tend to avoid getting installers anywhere except "from the source" or from someone I definitely trust who has an archived copy of their own.

What's running on my machine is Google Drive Sync Version 2.34.6425.2548, so what is on the site you gave the link to is very old indeed (and the downloads likely full of bundled bloatware and/or PUPs).
--

Jason White

The icon in the system tray is named “Google Drive”, which is also the name of the application in Apps and Features. It’s a recent version, dated 23 August 2017 according to the Apps and Features list.

Sent: Thursday, September 7, 2017 8:27 AM

What is the name of your icon in the system tray?

Jonas Voll
Support Technician I
Envision, Inc.
2301 S Water ST
Wichita, KS 67213
www.envisionus.com

Sent: Thursday, September 7, 2017 7:04 AM

Jonas Voll
Support Technician I
Envision, Inc.
2301 S Water ST
Wichita, KS 67213
www.envisionus.com

Jonas Voll
Support Technician I
Envision, Inc.
2301 S Water ST
Wichita, KS 67213
www.envisionus.com

and 
'spam@...'