Topics

Outlook 2010 calendar

Van Lant, Robin

Hello,

I need to get up the nerve to switch to JAWS from Window Eyes on my work laptop.  We’re on Windows 7 and Office 2010 here at work.  I listened to Raul Gallegos’ podcast on what to expect with Outlook, but it only covered mail.  Can someone please give me a quick overview on what to expect for the calendar?  I am so dependent on the Window Eyes Outlook Calendar that pulls my appointments into a quick summary window; I need to know how I will efficiently access my schedule while using JAWS.

Robin Van Lant | Sr. Program Manager

Strategy & Performance Management | Key Equipment Finance

720-304-1060 | Robin_Van_Lant@...

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

Jason White

I generally just use tab and shift+tab to navigate between appointments in Day View, and press enter to reveal the details, if notes or other fields that aren’t displayed by default are necessary. There are also JAWS keystrokes for the calendar, but I haven’t needed them.

A not so obvious suggestion: if you need to know who has been invited to a meeting, use Alt+h, U to invoke the scheduling assistant (even if you aren’t the meeting organizer). It will show a list of invitees and their availability.

I need to get up the nerve to switch to JAWS from Window Eyes on my work laptop.  We’re on Windows 7 and Office 2010 here at work.  I listened to Raul Gallegos’ podcast on what to expect with Outlook, but it only covered mail.  Can someone please give me a quick overview on what to expect for the calendar?  I am so dependent on the Window Eyes Outlook Calendar that pulls my appointments into a quick summary window; I need to know how I will efficiently access my schedule while using JAWS.

Robin Van Lant | Sr. Program Manager

Strategy & Performance Management | Key Equipment Finance

720-304-1060 | Robin_Van_Lant@...

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

Van Lant, Robin

Thank you, Jason.  If it’s OK, I may be coming back to you with questions.  This way of interfacing with Outlook via JAWS is quite different from the way Window Eyes seemed to work.  Thankfully I do have my work calendar on my iPhone, too, so that can be a stop gap for at least knowing my appointments while I get used to working with JAWS.

[...]

HI,

I am new to this group.  Where do you find the podcasts?

I need to get up the nerve to switch to JAWS from Window Eyes on my work laptop.  We’re on Windows 7 and Office 2010 here at work.  I listened to Raul Gallegos’ podcast on what to expect with Outlook, but it only covered mail.  Can someone please give me a quick overview on what to expect for the calendar?  I am so dependent on the Window Eyes Outlook Calendar that pulls my appointments into a quick summary window; I need to know how I will efficiently access my schedule while using JAWS.

Robin Van Lant | Sr. Program Manager

Strategy & Performance Management | Key Equipment Finance

720-304-1060 | Robin_Van_Lant@...

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

Van Lant, Robin

The podcasts I was referring to were provided to those switching from Window Eyes to JAWS.  You can find them on the page below listed as a list of recordings and text scripts of the recordings.  Look for the Tutorials header.  I’m sure there are other sources for similar podcasts, even by searching Google or YouTube.

http://www.gwmicro.com/window-eyes/migrate/