Topics

Using JAWS to download book from Audible.Com

Tim Ford

I just signed up for Audible.com, and purchased (free trial actually) my first book.  I see it on the Audible web site in my library, and a button to play it from there, at least I assume that is what the button does.

Instead, I want to download it into my laptop so I can transfer it into my Victor.  How do I download my book from Audible using JAWS?

Tim Ford

then

Vaughan Dodd

Do you have the Audible Download Manager, which is a bit clunky?

Can't help with the transferring to Victor bit - don't have one.

Personally: I go to Audible with Jaws and preferred browser, make my purchases and then just use the iPhone Audible app and it all works pretty well most of the time.

Vaughan.

On 8/24/2017 6:33 PM, Tim Ford wrote:
I just signed up for Audible.com, and purchased (free trial actually) my
first book. I see it on the Audible web site in my library, and a button to
play it from there, at least I assume that is what the button does.

Instead, I want to download it into my laptop so I can transfer it into my
Victor. How do I download my book from Audible using JAWS?

Tim Ford

then

paul lemm

Hi,

You need to  download the audible  manager from there website, that will allow you to then download the book you have purchased.  I haven’t used it for ages since I use the audible app on my IPhone to listen to all my audible books since I find it very accessible and with lots of features. If you do use the audible manager though I think from memory it asks when you install it how you will listen to the file, it may have a victor stream option on there, if not I think you can just choose to download it directly on to your PC and then transfer  it manually to your victor stream from there.  As I said though if you’ve got an iPhone I’d definitely recommend trying the audible app, I don’t have an android though so don’t know if the app is on that or not

Paul

I just signed up for Audible.com, and purchased (free trial actually) my first book.  I see it on the Audible web site in my library, and a button to play it from there, at least I assume that is what the button does.

Instead, I want to download it into my laptop so I can transfer it into my Victor.  How do I download my book from Audible using JAWS?

Tim Ford

then

Vlad Dragomir

Hello,

First you need to install the audible app from the website. Then, you go to your library, and press enter on the Download link that can be found under the book title if I remember well. As for transfering that book to an external device, I'm afraid I can't help with that since I have never done it.

Hope this helps a bit!

Vlad.

If you have an iPhone (I assume Audible would also be accessible on Android) I can only recommend to use the Audible app. As was pointed out already, on the iPhone the app is super accessible and it's super easy to listen to all your books. I have been an Audible member since 2010 I think and have probably 700 or 800 books by now and I can easily find and download any of them by author or title and listen or re-listen to them. The app let's you go directly to any chapter, you can skip by chapter or by time interval and there is a built-in sleep timer and if you have any Airplay enabled speakers or an Apple TV you can also Airplay your book to those.

Regards,
Sieghard

First you need to install the audible app from the website. Then, you go to your library, and press enter on the Download link that can be found under the book title if I remember well. As for transfering that book to an external device, I'm afraid I can't help with that since I have never done it.

Hope this helps a bit!

Vlad.

Mike Ulrich <mulrich@...>

This app sounds pretty cool. How much does it cost, I'm assuming it's a monthly subscription cost?

Sent from a land far far away in a not so distant time zone!