From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Shirley Tracy
Sent: August 9, 2017 11:19 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Window List question

Hi All,

Whenever I need to switch back and forth between programs, such as from my bank to my excel spreadsheet (which I have set up myself), I do an alt tab. Lately, it doesn't let me switch--instead, it goes to the JAWS. So, as I have always done, I simply click on the insert plus F10 for the windo list. Then, in the past, I could click on the choice I need and no problem. Since I have installed the latest JAWS, I can't always bring up the window list. Do any of you have the same issue? If so, is there a work around. How can I change to the other file or whatever I need to access?

Shirley

Shirley Tracy

Probably. The thing is, I never used it. Didn't even think of it. (smile). Thanks.

Shirley

What happens if you press Alt+tab and then holding the Alt key press tab again?
It sounds to me like you have more than just your browser and Excel open and therefore you have to continue to press tab until you get to where you want to be.
Alternatively if Jaws is the third application that is open, go into Jaws settings, select "Options" and "Basic", then tab 5 times and check the checkbox that says "Run Jaws from System Tray".
Now either reboot your computer or close Jaws with Insert+F4 and reload it, Jaws will now no longer have it's own Window.
I don't know why Jaws doesn't make this the default by now when you install Jaws, I really wonder how many people run Jaws the normal way where it has its own Window, for me putting Jaws in the system tray is always the first thing I do when I have to do a fresh install. Insert+J gives you instant access to the Jaws menu if you really need it, but I mean once Jaws is set up properly, how often does one need to go there.

Regards,
Sieghard