Need some Frame help

Shannon

Hi all,

I have successfully created a frame however it is repeating itself twice.

This particular frame is set to speek when ever text in this area appears.

So as I use the pc curser to go through a list the totals at the bottom of the screan are read after Jaws says the item that it has navigated to.

What I am hearing is the name of the person for whom I need to check the time, then the hour total for regular and over time. But it announces the numbers again right after.

What setting do I have wrong that would cause it to repeat?

Here is the Jaws history so you know what I am hearing.

Employee row 2 Read Only
Dutton, Stephen
157.25 0.25
157.25 0.25

Any one know what I did wrong?

Thanks

Shannon

Dave...

Shannon,

Not absolutely sure, but maybe you don't need the frame to encompass the number, but just the name. The number might announce without including it inside the frame. Have you tried that?

Dave

I have successfully created a frame however it is repeating itself twice.

This particular frame is set to speek when ever text in this area appears.

So as I use the pc curser to go through a list the totals at the bottom of the screan are read after Jaws says the item that it has navigated to.

What I am hearing is the name of the person for whom I need to check the time, then the hour total for regular and over time But it announces the numbers again right after.

What setting do I have wrong that would cause it to repeat?

Here is the Jaws history so you know what I am hearing.

Employee row 2 Read Only
Dutton, Stephen
157.25 0.25
157.25 0.25

Any one know what I did wrong?

Thanks

Shannon

Dale Alton <blinkydale@...>

Hi Shannon,

What happens when the frame isn't active?

What happens when the frame isn't active?

Hahahaha

The question still remains.

Denver Dale

[...]

I am not sure I understand.

There is no name that I am aware of.

I drew the frame starting at the first diget in this line that contains the  three kinds of time. Eache of these cells are actually tab-able to once you have gone through all the entries in the time card.

Why would I not include the numbers in my frame?

[...]

Richard B. McDonald

Maybe look at the "echo" settings for the frame?

[...]

I am not sure why I would nnot want to have the frame active?

I want this to happen every time that the text appears or changes.

Would it not work if it was disabled? Is disabled  the same as inactive?

[...]

Thanks for the thought but I didn’t see anything called echo in the frame set up.

What is that and where is it?

Thanks

Shannon

[...]

I guess I was not understanding. You said that the name was announced, and then the number twice. How do you get the name to announce without the frame, and why does the number not announce in the same way? Why the necessity of a frame, at all?

Dave

[...]

Richard Turner

Does Jaws allow for monitor cells?  I am assuming this is an Excell spreadsheet.

I’ve not delved into Excel that deeply but Window-Eyes had a setting to monitor certain cells for changes and could be set to announce them when they changed…

Richard

[...]

Kevin Hourigan <kevinthourigan@...>

Jaws/Excel has monitor cells

[...]

This appears to not be in Excel, and JAWS does have the capability to create custom frames for any on-screen application. These frames can be triggered by changes inside that frame, or to announce the contents with a dedicated hotkey combination. Check out the JAWS training material or help file on the topic for a better discussion of the feature.

Dave

Sent: Thursday, August 10, 2017 06:37

[...]

Dave, Richard, Kevin,

This is not an excel sheet. This is a time collection program.

David the “Name” I am talking about is the person who’s time I am reviewing. As I use the pc curser with the arrow keys it moves up and down the table list of employees. To the right of this table is another table that has all the individual punches for that employee, for the date range chosen. At the bottom of that table is a total row containing the Regular hours, Over time hours, and Double time hours.

What I want is twofold but this is just one part.

As I move from employee to employee I want Jaws to read this total line as the employee in question gains focus. That way I have an instant clue there may be something in the punches that I need to take a closer look at. I.e. The day was extremely long for a person or way short for that person.

The second part of my quest is to get Jaws to speak an error message that is located at the top of the time records table, that appears only if there is incomplete time records or overlapping time. This is text with particular attributes, and is always in the same place, and is accompanied by a graphical symbol. Jaws refuses to recognize this text with the jaws curser on a regular basis. Sometimes it will say it and other times not. If I use the insert B I can get it to read it but I then have to listen to a great deal of things I don’t need. Most of which the Jaws curser refuses to even aknowledge is on the screen, ever.

I am unable to get jaws to recognize the text with the jaws curser. I have a set of eyes that says this text is white on a read back ground. I cannot get the Jaws curser to say the colors are anything but black on black even when the mouse is physically placed on a word in the error message.

My ultimate goal would be to have both of these Frames to react one after the other as the employee changes with the curser focus.

So I might hear Dwyer Scott, there are problems with this time card, 5.25, 0.00, 0.00

And if there are no obvious errors I would hear;

Dwyer Scott 5.25, 0.00, 0.00

Then I know three things with one key stroke.

Who What, and how many.

Does that make any sense?

Thanks Shannon

Sent: Thursday, August 10, 2017 06:37

[...]

Makes perfect sense. Not sure how to modify your frames to make it work, though. All I can suggest is to continue tweaking to see if you can get them working correctly, and possibly calling VFO support.

Dave

Sent: Thursday, August 10, 2017 06:37

[...]

Thanks,

At least what I want to do doesn’t sound wacky to you.

I’ll keep trying to get it but I just may have to call.

Just on a chance…

Is there a way to adjust the increment of the mouse movement?

My thought here is maybe it is jumping too far when I try to get the mouse just right? So if I make the increment smaller, it would be tedious but maybe I could land on the pixel that would read white on red?

Then I could set the frame to read just like the total row, admittedly without the repeat?

It was worth a question.

Sent: Thursday, August 10, 2017 06:37

[...]

In your default.jcf file there are mouse sensitivity settings.

Dave

Sent: Thursday, August 10, 2017 06:37

[...]

I did see those but it referred to clicking? Does that also mean movement?

I am getting real good at importing backups of settings due to the stuff I keep trying…

Changing stuff is pretty scary!

Thanks for the suggestion.

Sent: Thursday, August 10, 2017 06:37

[...]

What about creating a script that will read the information?

Denver Dale

I have successfully created a frame however it is repeating itself twice.

This particular frame is set to speek when ever text in this area appears.

So as I use the pc curser to go through a list the totals at the bottom of the screan are read after Jaws says the item that it has navigated to.

What I am hearing is the name of the person for whom I need to check the time, then the hour total for regular and over time. But it announces the numbers again right after.

What setting do I have wrong that would cause it to repeat?

Here is the Jaws history so you know what I am hearing.

Employee row 2 Read Only
Dutton, Stephen
157.25 0.25
157.25 0.25

Any one know what I did wrong?

Thanks

Shannon

Randy Barnett <randy@...>

Jaws often says this kind of text twice. Even in the VFO scripts. So you may not have done anything wrong in your script. :)

On 8/10/2017 7:36 PM, Dale Alton wrote:

[...]

I understand but thought that maybe it was reading it when you down arrowed and didn't need the frame.

Dale

Denver Dale

I have successfully created a frame however it is repeating itself twice.

This particular frame is set to speek when ever text in this area appears.

So as I use the pc curser to go through a list the totals at the bottom of the screan are read after Jaws says the item that it has navigated to.

What I am hearing is the name of the person for whom I need to check the time, then the hour total for regular and over time. But it announces the numbers again right after.

What setting do I have wrong that would cause it to repeat?

Here is the Jaws history so you know what I am hearing.

Employee row 2 Read Only
Dutton, Stephen
157.25 0.25
157.25 0.25

Any one know what I did wrong?

Thanks

Shannon

Mike Ulrich <mulrich@...>

Sorry for jumping in on this thread a little late. I’m a bit embarrassed to ask; but what is a “Frame”? What is it used for and how does it work?