u pux host

Laura Richardson

Hello,

In my task manager it says one of the programs is “u pux host” (not sure of that spelling) …… This was not there when I was in the task manager about a month ago.  I have never heard of this and have no clue what it is or where it came from …… Does anybody know what this is?

Laura

Laura Richardson

It’s “unpux host”, not “u pux host” …… Sorry for this mistake …… Does anybody know what “unpux host” is and what it does?

Laura

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Laura Richardson
Sent: Thursday, July 27, 2017 5:17 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: u pux host

Hello,

In my task manager it says one of the programs is “u pux host” (not sure of that spelling) …… This was not there when I was in the task manager about a month ago.  I have never heard of this and have no clue what it is or where it came from …… Does anybody know what this is?

Laura

Laura,

There is a lot of information out there about unpuxhost, see:  https://duckduckgo.com/?q=unpuxhost&t=hu&atb=v33-7__&ia=web

None of it is particularly clear about its actual purpose but it is something from Microsoft and it's widely agreed it's safe, but not essential.  I stopped reading after finding the same basic information in multiple sources and none that looked any more promising with details.

--
Brian  Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1703, Build 15063  (dot level on request - it changes too often to keep in signature)

If you don't like someone, the way he holds his spoon will make you furious; if you do like him, he can turn his plate over into your lap and you won't mind.     ~ Irving Becker