Question about J 18.0

Mike Ulrich <mulrich@...>

Howdy all,

I recently purchased a copy of J 18.0 at the NFB National Convention in Orlando Florida.

I’m currently running Windows 7, IE 11.0 with J 16.0.

My question, do you think J 18.0 will be OK with running with W 7?

I know I should probably update up to Windows 10, but I guess you could say I’m a bit scared to. I’ve heard a few scary stories about people trying to deal with J 18.0 with W 10?

So perhaps I should just download my new version of J 18.0, but don’t install it yet? Or do you think I can install it on my W 7?

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks much!......Mike

Michael D. Ulrich

Just an ordinary average blind guy

Florida Council of the Blind

Fundraising Committee Member

Home: 239-540-7431

Cell: 239-565-5845

Email: mulrich@...

Joseph Norton

It should work fine with Windows 7.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

I recently purchased a copy of J 18.0 at the NFB National Convention in Orlando Florida.

I’m currently running Windows 7, IE 11.0 with J 16.0.

My question, do you think J 18.0 will be OK with running with W 7?

I know I should probably update up to Windows 10, but I guess you could say I’m a bit scared to. I’ve heard a few scary stories about people trying to deal with J 18.0 with W 10?

So perhaps I should just download my new version of J 18.0, but don’t install it yet? Or do you think I can install it on my W 7?

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks much!......Mike

Michael D. Ulrich

Just an ordinary average blind guy

Florida Council of the Blind

Fundraising Committee Member

Home: 239-540-7431

Cell: 239-565-5845

Email: mulrich@...

Mike Rogers

I'm using Windows 7 with the latest Jaws update and it works just fine.

********************************

www.harmonicaworkshops.com

On Tue, 25 Jul 2017 12:32:23 -0400
"Mike Ulrich" <mulrich@centurylink.net> wrote:

Howdy all,

I recently purchased a copy of J 18.0 at the NFB National Convention in
Orlando Florida.

I'm currently running Windows 7, IE 11.0 with J 16.0.

My question, do you think J 18.0 will be OK with running with W 7?

I know I should probably update up to Windows 10, but I guess you could say
I'm a bit scared to. I've heard a few scary stories about people trying to
deal with J 18.0 with W 10?

So perhaps I should just download my new version of J 18.0, but don't
install it yet? Or do you think I can install it on my W 7?

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks much!......Mike

Michael D. Ulrich

Just an ordinary average blind guy

Florida Council of the Blind

Fundraising Committee Member

Home: 239-540-7431

Cell: 239-565-5845

Email: mulrich@centurylink.net

Mike Ulrich <mulrich@...>

Thanks guys! I'll download and install it right now!

Sent from a land far far away in a not so distant time zone!

On Jul 25, 2017, at 1:13 PM, Mike Rogers <harpman9@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

You can definitely install it, I still use Windows 7 on 5 desktop PC's at my retail store and it works just fine.

Also, if you do want to upgrade to Windows 10 you'd be ready for it, I would definitely recommend it as I find Windows 10 much better than Windows 7. The start menu is a bit different and you have to tweek a few things such as changing your default web browser to be something other than Edge, but apart from that Windows 10 is very nice.

I hope you purchased an an SMA with this so that you are entitle to the next two major Jaws releases, apparently instead of Jaws 19 the naming cheme will change as of this fall and what would be Jaws 19 will be called Jaws 2018 and it will go by year from then on.

Regards,

Sieghard

I recently purchased a copy of J 18.0 at the NFB National Convention in Orlando Florida.

I’m currently running Windows 7, IE 11.0 with J 16.0.

My question, do you think J 18.0 will be OK with running with W 7?

I know I should probably update up to Windows 10, but I guess you could say I’m a bit scared to. I’ve heard a few scary stories about people trying to deal with J 18.0 with W 10?

So perhaps I should just download my new version of J 18.0, but don’t install it yet? Or do you think I can install it on my W 7?

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks much!......Mike

Michael D. Ulrich

Just an ordinary average blind guy

Florida Council of the Blind

Fundraising Committee Member

Home: 239-540-7431

Cell: 239-565-5845

Email: mulrich@...

Shirley Tracy

Mike,

That's what I'm running. It works fine. Actually, I just downloaded the latest JAWS 18 update, and it also works fine for me.

Shirley Tracy
author
OPERATION CODE CHARLIE
now available at major book sellers

---- Mike Ulrich <mulrich@centurylink.net> wrote:

[...]

Tom Behler

Mike:

I use the latest build of Jaws 18 (version 18.0.4104) with Windows 7 here, and have had no major issues.

So, I’d say go ahead and install Jaws 18 on your Windows 7 machine, and continue to enjoy using Windows 7 until you feel the need to upgrade to Windows 10.

Like you, I realize that someday I’ll need to update to Windows 10, but I’m reluctant to do this right now because windows 7 works so well for he at this time.

Dr.  Tom Behler from Michigan