From: "Ann Byrne" <annakb@sbcglobal.net>
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, July 22, 2017 09:29
Subject: JAWS with VPN

To use JAWS with a VPN, do both the target computer as well as the
source computer have to have JFW installed?
Thanks

Carol Smith

What is a VPN? I have seen that on my iPod. Thanks.

Carol

On 7/22/2017 12:29 PM, Ann Byrne wrote:
To use JAWS with a VPN, do both the target computer as well as the source computer have to have JFW installed?
Thanks

Soronel Haetir

vpn="virtual private network", basically it makes a computer act like
it is on a remote local network (mostly used by businesses so that a
worker's computer can access resources on the business' network even
if the employee is not physically at the business).

--
Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@gmail.com

Carol Smith

Thanks.

On 7/22/2017 1:47 PM, Soronel Haetir wrote:
vpn="virtual private network", basically it makes a computer act like
it is on a remote local network (mostly used by businesses so that a
worker's computer can access resources on the business' network even
if the employee is not physically at the business).

On 7/22/17, Carol Smith via Groups.Io <carollablady=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
What is a VPN? I have seen that on my iPod. Thanks.

Carol

On 7/22/2017 12:29 PM, Ann Byrne wrote:
To use JAWS with a VPN, do both the target computer as well as the
source computer have to have JFW installed?
Thanks

Kramlinger, Keith G., M.D.

Not here. Just JAWS on my PC works well when I remote in to do work. Keith

To use JAWS with a VPN, do both the target computer as well as the source computer have to have JFW installed?
Thanks

Ekstrand, Pamela A. -ND

Keith,

Are you saying JAWS is not installed on the computer you remote into? How do you remote into that computer? I am not understanding how you are able to hear what is on the remote computer if JAWS is not installed on it.

Pam

Not here. Just JAWS on my PC works well when I remote in to do work. Keith

To use JAWS with a VPN, do both the target computer as well as the source computer have to have JFW installed?
Thanks

Kelly Pierce

Also, specific clients such as Bit Torrent can be configured to use a
VPN while everything else does not use the VPN.

Kelly