Download Sound In Internet Explorer

brian albriton

Hi, folks. How do I get a download sound to play when a download is complete with internet explorer?

Brian

Brian Albriton

iPhone 2136103315

cocanut50@...

Mario

in internet explorer, there are 2 setting in the advanced tab. they are Play system sounds and Notify when downloads complete. if either are off, press the space bar to toggle it on. tab to and press enter on the ok button.

On 1/31/2016 3:33 PM, brian albriton wrote:
Hi, folks. How do I get a download sound to play when a download is
complete with internet explorer?

Brian

Brian Albriton

iPhone 2136103315

cocanut50@ca.rr.com

Mario

there is also another one. after starting internet explorer, press control+j, tab to and enter on the options button, there is a check box to play a sound when the download completes. press space bar to check it if it isn't already, tab to and enter on ok button.

On 1/31/2016 4:18 PM, Mario wrote:
in internet explorer, there are 2 setting in the advanced tab. they are
Play system sounds and Notify when downloads complete. if either are
off, press the space bar to toggle it on. tab to and press enter on the
ok button.

On 1/31/2016 3:33 PM, brian albriton wrote:
Hi, folks. How do I get a download sound to play when a download is
complete with internet explorer?

Brian

Brian Albriton

iPhone 2136103315

cocanut50@ca.rr.com

Lee Maschmeyer

Hi Brian,

Not sure exactly what you want. Here are some possible answers:

At least in Windows 7, downloaded files go into:

c:\users\<YourID>\Downloads

Using the Run (Windows+R) dialog you can enter just a period (.) and press Enter. This will open the c:\users|<YourID> folder. Then navigate to the Downloads folder and from there click on the name of the file you just downloaded.

If you're downloading from a website like otrcat.com that has a download button click on that. You'll get a message that says Notification bar and tells you to hit Alt+N. Do so and you're on several buttons such as Open, Save, and a couple others.

HTH,

--

Lee Maschmeyer

"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."
--Lewis Carroll

Lee Maschmeyer

Note that OK is often the default button. When you've done your thing, press Insert+E and Jaws will tell you if it knows what will happen if you press Enter. This frequently saves some tabbing to the OK button. Be careful though because sometimes the default button is Quit!

--

Lee Maschmeyer

"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."
--Lewis Carroll

brian albriton

Thanks Lee.
Just to clarify a little bit, I've no trouble finding the download. I just
miss what seem to happen by default in earlier versions of windows. When the
download was complete, you would hear a piano chord or some such. I'm just
not finding the event in sound schemes which corresponds to when a download
is complete

[...]

Thank you much.]
You've all got me on the right track.
Brian

there is also another one. after starting internet explorer, press
control+j, tab to and enter on the options button, there is a check box
to play a sound when the download completes. press space bar to check it if
it isn't already, tab to and enter on ok button.

On 1/31/2016 4:18 PM, Mario wrote:
in internet explorer, there are 2 setting in the advanced tab. they are
Play system sounds and Notify when downloads complete. if either are
off, press the space bar to toggle it on. tab to and press enter on the
ok button.

On 1/31/2016 3:33 PM, brian albriton wrote:
Hi, folks. How do I get a download sound to play when a download is
complete with internet explorer?

Brian

Brian Albriton

iPhone 2136103315

cocanut50@ca.rr.com

HAMILTON

HI: Using Windows 8.1 and JAWS 17: To turn on sounds in IE 11, I tried both methods, 1) going to the "advance" tab under "options" when in IE11, and 2) pressing ctrl+j when IE11 first opens. In neither instance did I find anything about "sound". Please be more specific; or, tell me what I may be doing wrong. Thanks. Jim H

Mcginnis, Barbara

Have you tried Windows Key and the letter B to get to the notification area and use you right or left arrow to find speakers.  Next you press Enter and use your up and down arrow to increase or decrease your volume?  I just tried this in Windows 8 and it worked.  I tried it using JAWS 17 and IE 11 on a Windows 8.1 machine.  Hope this helps.