Download Sound In Internet Explorer

brian albriton

Hi, folks. How do I get a download sound to play when a download is complete with internet explorer?

Brian

Brian Albriton

iPhone 2136103315

cocanut50@...

Mario

in internet explorer, there are 2 setting in the advanced tab. they are Play system sounds and Notify when downloads complete. if either are off, press the space bar to toggle it on. tab to and press enter on the ok button.

On 1/31/2016 3:33 PM, brian albriton wrote:
Hi, folks. How do I get a download sound to play when a download is
complete with internet explorer?

Brian

Brian Albriton

iPhone 2136103315

cocanut50@ca.rr.com

Mario

there is also another one. after starting internet explorer, press control+j, tab to and enter on the options button, there is a check box to play a sound when the download completes. press space bar to check it if it isn't already, tab to and enter on ok button.

On 1/31/2016 4:18 PM, Mario wrote:
in internet explorer, there are 2 setting in the advanced tab. they are
Play system sounds and Notify when downloads complete. if either are
off, press the space bar to toggle it on. tab to and press enter on the
ok button.

Brian

Brian Albriton

iPhone 2136103315

cocanut50@ca.rr.com

Lee Maschmeyer

Hi Brian,

Not sure exactly what you want. Here are some possible answers:

At least in Windows 7, downloaded files go into:

c:\users\<YourID>\Downloads

Using the Run (Windows+R) dialog you can enter just a period (.) and press Enter. This will open the c:\users|<YourID> folder. Then navigate to the Downloads folder and from there click on the name of the file you just downloaded.

If you're downloading from a website like otrcat.com that has a download button click on that. You'll get a message that says Notification bar and tells you to hit Alt+N. Do so and you're on several buttons such as Open, Save, and a couple others.

HTH,

--

Lee Maschmeyer

"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."
--Lewis Carroll

Lee Maschmeyer

Note that OK is often the default button. When you've done your thing, press Insert+E and Jaws will tell you if it knows what will happen if you press Enter. This frequently saves some tabbing to the OK button. Be careful though because sometimes the default button is Quit!

--

Lee Maschmeyer

"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."
--Lewis Carroll

brian albriton

Thanks Lee.
Just to clarify a little bit, I've no trouble finding the download. I just
miss what seem to happen by default in earlier versions of windows. When the
download was complete, you would hear a piano chord or some such. I'm just
not finding the event in sound schemes which corresponds to when a download
is complete

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Sunday, January 31, 2016 1:34 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Re: Download Sound In Internet Explorer

Hi Brian,

Not sure exactly what you want. Here are some possible answers:

At least in Windows 7, downloaded files go into:

c:\users\<YourID>\Downloads

Using the Run (Windows+R) dialog you can enter just a period (.) and press
Enter. This will open the c:\users|<YourID> folder. Then navigate to the
Downloads folder and from there click on the name of the file you just
downloaded.

If you're downloading from a website like otrcat.com that has a download
button click on that. You'll get a message that says Notification bar and
tells you to hit Alt+N. Do so and you're on several buttons such as Open,
Save, and a couple others.

HTH,

--

Lee Maschmeyer

"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to
others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you
had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."
--Lewis Carroll

brian albriton

Thank you much.]
You've all got me on the right track.
Brian

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Sunday, January 31, 2016 1:26 PM

there is also another one. after starting internet explorer, press
control+j, tab to and enter on the options button, there is a check box
to play a sound when the download completes. press space bar to check it if
it isn't already, tab to and enter on ok button.

On 1/31/2016 4:18 PM, Mario wrote:
in internet explorer, there are 2 setting in the advanced tab. they are
Play system sounds and Notify when downloads complete. if either are
off, press the space bar to toggle it on. tab to and press enter on the
ok button.

Brian

Brian Albriton

iPhone 2136103315

cocanut50@ca.rr.com

HAMILTON

HI: Using Windows 8.1 and JAWS 17: To turn on sounds in IE 11, I tried both methods, 1) going to the "advance" tab under "options" when in IE11, and 2) pressing ctrl+j when IE11 first opens. In neither instance did I find anything about "sound". Please be more specific; or, tell me what I may be doing wrong. Thanks. Jim H

Mcginnis, Barbara

Have you tried Windows Key and the letter B to get to the notification area and use you right or left arrow to find speakers.  Next you press Enter and use your up and down arrow to increase or decrease your volume?  I just tried this in Windows 8 and it worked.  I tried it using JAWS 17 and IE 11 on a Windows 8.1 machine.  Hope this helps. 

Sent: Monday, February 01, 2016 12:53 PM

HI: Using Windows 8.1 and JAWS 17: To turn on sounds in IE 11, I tried both methods, 1) going to the "advance" tab under "options" when in IE11, and 2) pressing ctrl+j when IE11 first opens. In neither instance did I find anything about "sound". Please be more specific; or, tell me what I may be doing wrong. Thanks. Jim H

Email correspondence to and from this address is subject to the North Carolina Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties by an authorized State official. Unauthorized disclosure of juvenile, health, legally privileged, or otherwise confidential information, including confidential information relating to an ongoing State procurement effort, is prohibited by law. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all records of this email.

Brian,

Another thing to check is your System Volume Mixer.  How you bring that up varies by both Windows version and sometimes the sound card you have.  Many times there is a separate entry for each web browser and specific programs on the sound volume mixer.  Mine has entries for the Device "System Speakers" (basically, the master volume) and the following Applications:  System Sounds, Chrome, Firefox, Adobe Flash Player.   Yours will probably have one for Internet Explorer.

I've seen more than one occasion where, somehow, a given application was set to mute on the sound mixer when everything else isn't.  If you're unaware that this can happen it can be maddening to try to figure out why "that one program" won't emit any sounds when all the others do.

Brian

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi, Jim. If you go to Internet Explorer Options, go to the Advanced settings, you will be able to tab to a tree view. Once you get to this tree view, arrow down to an entry which says something like:

System Sounds On
or
System Sounds Off

If it says System Sounds Off, Press the space bar to turn them on, tab to Apply, then tab to OK and press the Enter key.

Hope this helps you.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, February 01, 2016 9:52 AM

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 12961 (20160201) __________

The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com

Mike B <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Jim,

I need to 1st preface these steps by stating that I'm running Windows 7 Pro 64 bit, IE11, & Jaws 16 & 17, but IE11 should be the same in Windows 8:

You might not have sounds turned on so, therefore you won't hear it or, the sound might be 1 that's hard to hear.  So, you assign a different sound to the,
Notify task in your Sound Scheme.  Below are steps on turning on sounds.

To get sounds In IE11:

With IE11 open, press ,control + J, to open the View Downloads dialog.  Tab to the options link, press the spacebar, tab and when you hear notify
me when download is complete, hit spacebar to check the checkbox. tab to & Okay the choice.  If the, control + J, keystroke doesn't work, try pressing, Alt + T, to open the tools menu, arrow down to, View Downloads, & press enter to open the View Downloads dialog.

In Internet Explorer 11 there is the option of playing system sounds, These sounds include a sound to Notify you when your downloads are complete
By default the system sounds & Notify when download is complete options are off. To turn them on:
1. On the tools menu, choose internet options.

2. In the dialog ctrl+tab until you get to the advanced page.

3. In the settings tree view, in the accessibility group, there's the item
play system sounds-off. You can quickly move to this by pressing the letter p. Press spacebar, and the item changes to play system sounds-on.

4. Now press the letter, N, to, Notify when downloads complete-OFF.  Press the spacebar to toggle this to, ON.

5. press enter to press the default ok button to save your changes & close Tools / Options.
Take care.
Mike
Global warming?  Most likely caused from hot air generated by politicians!

Sent: Monday, February 01, 2016 1:56 PM

Hi, Jim. If you go to Internet Explorer Options, go to the Advanced settings, you will be able to tab to a tree view. Once you get to this tree view, arrow down to an entry which says something like:

System Sounds On
or
System Sounds Off

If it says System Sounds Off, Press the space bar to turn them on, tab to Apply, then tab to OK and press the Enter key.

Hope this helps you.

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 12961 (20160201) __________

Kimsan <kimsansong@...>

Ok, bro.

We got sounds turned on so now how do we get sounds for the different events to occur.

Work your magic for the list hoo deennie!

Sent: Monday, February 1, 2016 3:29 PM

Hi Jim,

I need to 1st preface these steps by stating that I'm running Windows 7 Pro 64 bit, IE11, & Jaws 16 & 17, but IE11 should be the same in Windows 8:

You might not have sounds turned on so, therefore you won't hear it or, the sound might be 1 that's hard to hear.  So, you assign a different sound to the,

To get sounds In IE11:

With IE11 open, press ,control + J, to open the View Downloads dialog.  Tab to the options link, press the spacebar, tab and when you hear notify
me when download is complete, hit spacebar to check the checkbox. tab to & Okay the choice.  If the, control + J, keystroke doesn't work, try pressing, Alt + T, to open the tools menu, arrow down to, View Downloads, & press enter to open the View Downloads dialog.

In Internet Explorer 11 there is the option of playing system sounds, These sounds include a sound to Notify you when your downloads are complete
By default the system sounds & Notify when download is complete options are off. To turn them on:

play system sounds-off. You can quickly move to this by pressing the letter p. Press spacebar, and the item changes to play system sounds-on.

4. Now press the letter, N, to, Notify when downloads complete-OFF.  Press the spacebar to toggle this to, ON.

5. press enter to press the default ok button to save your changes & close Tools / Options.

Take care.
Mike

System Sounds On

or

System Sounds Off

Hope this helps you.

Mike B <mb69mach1@...>

Bro,

I know you're using Windows 10 so, I don't have a clue as how you assign sounds to the different tasks.  In Windows 7 it's a major pain in the a** to get a personal sound scheme setup to your personal liking.  It took me a lot of time to get my personal scheme setup, & explaining how I got it done would take forever especially since I added many of my own sounds. 

Take care.
Mike

Sent: Monday, February 01, 2016 9:24 PM

Ok, bro.

We got sounds turned on so now how do we get sounds for the different events to occur.

Hi Jim,

To get sounds In IE11:

Take care.
Mike

System Sounds On

or

System Sounds Off

Hope this helps you.

Bill White billwhite92701@...

HH. Smith Jr.

Hi Guys,

Here are some directions for changing your sound scheme in Windows10. I found these directions in my library from March of

2013. I tested it on Windows10 and the instructions are still true. These instructions will also allow to import, export, and modify current sound scheme. Oh by the way, the download complete sound is represented by the asterisk in the list of events. It is the second one down from the Windows open event.

Importing and exporting whole sound schemes

becomes handy if you want to apply your schemes to different computers or setup your system anew and don’t want to copy the whole Windows theme. Doing so proves trickier as one might think though, since sound schemes are not saved as some kind of file or package as one might think.

First off, to create a custom sound scheme, head to the Control Panel and open the Hardware and Sound Options. In the Sound menu, click on Change system sounds. Leave the applied scheme as it is and instead change its components by selecting one of the listed items and browsing for a new sound file, which has to be in the .wav format. For simplicity’s sake, put all your custom sound files into the C:\Windows\Media folder prior to setting them since they have to be in the exact same folder on the system you import them.

After you have applied new sounds for all the items you want to change, click the Save as… button and give your scheme a name.

Afterwards, to export the scheme open the Windows registry – do so by opening a Run… prompt (Windows + R) and entering regedit. In the left registry panel, browse for the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\AppEvents key. Right-click it and select Export to save its contents somewhere on your hard drive. Put the exported registry file and all the custom sound files you used on a USB key or another device to transfer the files.

After you have got the registry file as well as the sound files you used on the other system, put the sound files in the exact same folder as they were on the first system (if you followed this guide, it is C:\Windows\Media). Then double-click the registry file to add the first system’s sound scheme settings to the new one (schemes are only added, non will be removed if there were custom schemes installed before). The sound scheme should now be available in the Control Panel.

Note: if you just want to modify one or two events, it is best to go to sounds in the control panel and change them without creating a whole new sound scheme.

Sent: Tuesday, February 2, 2016 2:04 AM

Bro,

I know you're using Windows 10 so, I don't have a clue as how you assign sounds to the different tasks.  In Windows 7 it's a major pain in the a** to get a personal sound scheme setup to your personal liking.  It took me a lot of time to get my personal scheme setup, & explaining how I got it done would take forever especially since I added many of my own sounds. 

Take care.
Mike

Ok, bro.

Hi Jim,

To get sounds In IE11:

Take care.
Mike

System Sounds On

or

System Sounds Off

Hope this helps you.

This email has been sent from a virus-free computer protected by Avast.
www.avast.com

Kimber Gardner

Thanks for that tip about the asterisk representing the download
sound. I've been through that list of system events at least a half
dozen times and couldn't figure it out.

Kimber

On 2/2/16, HH. Smith Jr. <teos1@islands.vi> wrote:
Hi Guys,

Here are some directions for changing your sound scheme in Windows10. I
found these directions in my library from March of

2013. I tested it on Windows10 and the instructions are still true. These
instructions will also allow to import, export, and modify current sound
scheme. Oh by the way, the download complete sound is represented by the
asterisk in the list of events. It is the second one down from the Windows
open event.

Importing and exporting whole sound schemes

becomes handy if you want to apply your schemes to different computers or
setup your system anew and don’t want to copy the whole Windows theme. Doing
so proves trickier as one might think though, since sound schemes are not
saved as some kind of file or package as one might think.

First off, to create a custom sound scheme, head to the Control Panel and
open the Hardware and Sound Options. In the Sound menu, click on Change
system sounds. Leave the applied scheme as it is and instead change its
components by selecting one of the listed items and browsing for a new sound
file, which has to be in the .wav format. For simplicity’s sake, put all
your custom sound files into the C:\Windows\Media folder prior to setting
them since they have to be in the exact same folder on the system you import
them.

After you have applied new sounds for all the items you want to change,
click the Save as… button and give your scheme a name.

Afterwards, to export the scheme open the Windows registry – do so by
opening a Run… prompt (Windows + R) and entering regedit. In the left
registry panel, browse for the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\AppEvents key. Right-click
it and select Export to save its contents somewhere on your hard drive. Put
the exported registry file and all the custom sound files you used on a USB
key or another device to transfer the files.

After you have got the registry file as well as the sound files you used on
the other system, put the sound files in the exact same folder as they were
on the first system (if you followed this guide, it is C:\Windows\Media).
Then double-click the registry file to add the first system’s sound scheme
settings to the new one (schemes are only added, non will be removed if
there were custom schemes installed before). The sound scheme should now be
available in the Control Panel.

Note: if you just want to modify one or two events, it is best to go to
sounds in the control panel and change them without creating a whole new
sound scheme.

Sent: Tuesday, February 2, 2016 2:04 AM

Bro,

I know you're using Windows 10 so, I don't have a clue as how you assign
sounds to the different tasks. In Windows 7 it's a major pain in the a** to
get a personal sound scheme setup to your personal liking. It took me a lot
of time to get my personal scheme setup, & explaining how I got it done
would take forever especially since I added many of my own sounds.

Take care.
Mike
Global warming? Most likely caused from hot air generated by politicians!

To: jfw@groups.io <mailto:jfw@groups.io>

Ok, bro.

We got sounds turned on so now how do we get sounds for the different events
to occur.

Hi Jim,

I need to 1st preface these steps by stating that I'm running Windows 7 Pro
64 bit, IE11, & Jaws 16 & 17, but IE11 should be the same in Windows 8:

You might not have sounds turned on so, therefore you won't hear it or, the
sound might be 1 that's hard to hear. So, you assign a different sound to
the,
Notify task in your Sound Scheme. Below are steps on turning on sounds.

To get sounds In IE11:

With IE11 open, press ,control + J, to open the View Downloads dialog. Tab
to the options link, press the spacebar, tab and when you hear notify
me when download is complete, hit spacebar to check the checkbox. tab to &
Okay the choice. If the, control + J, keystroke doesn't work, try pressing,
Alt + T, to open the tools menu, arrow down to, View Downloads, & press
enter to open the View Downloads dialog.

In Internet Explorer 11 there is the option of playing system sounds, These
sounds include a sound to Notify you when your downloads are complete
By default the system sounds & Notify when download is complete options are
off. To turn them on:

play system sounds-off. You can quickly move to this by pressing the letter
p. Press spacebar, and the item changes to play system sounds-on.

4. Now press the letter, N, to, Notify when downloads complete-OFF. Press
the spacebar to toggle this to, ON.

5. press enter to press the default ok button to save your changes & close
Tools / Options.

Take care.
Mike
Global warming? Most likely caused from hot air generated by politicians!

Hi, Jim. If you go to Internet Explorer Options, go to the Advanced
settings, you will be able to tab to a tree view. Once you get to this tree
view, arrow down to an entry which says something like:

System Sounds On

or

System Sounds Off

If it says System Sounds Off, Press the space bar to turn them on, tab to
Apply, then tab to OK and press the Enter key.

Hope this helps you.

Bill White billwhite92701@dslextreme.com
<mailto:billwhite92701@dslextreme.com>

HI: Using Windows 8.1 and JAWS 17: To turn on sounds in IE 11, I tried both
methods, 1) going to the "advance" tab under "options" when in IE11, and 2)
pressing ctrl+j when IE11 first opens. In neither instance did I find
anything about "sound". Please be more specific; or, tell me what I may be
doing wrong. Thanks. Jim H

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature
database 12961 (20160201) __________

--
Kimberly

HAMILTON

Mike: All of that has been done. Perhaps, I do not download requently enough to recognize the sound when I hear it; or, the download sound may not be "different" enough. I will look into changing it/making it stand out more. Jim H