From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Paul Martz
Sent: July-19-17 11:01 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Fax by email services?

Hi all - I'm in need of a fax-by-email service and am wondering which are
compatible with JAWS.

Now, you might think, as I did, that the interface to the service would be
through email, so it would be as accessible (or not accessible ha ha) as MS
Outlook or whatever email client one uses. But, I started looking into eFax
just as one example, and it talked about their "friendly and easy to use web
interface", which immediately made me worry that the web interface might not
be accessible, because, as we all know, "friendly web interfaces" are all
too often NOT accessible at all.

Okay, I'll stop being bitter now and summarize my question:

Which fax-by-email services are people using, and has JAWS presented any
problem or are they pretty easy to use?

Thanks.
-Paul

Tony

I used e-fax several years ago.

You receive an e-mail with information on incoming faxes and an link to
retreive it.
At that time they used .TIF format but their software was easy to use.

Tony

I use MyFax, personally, and find it quite useable. The website's very
accessible. Of course, you'll need some kind of OCR ability if you intend to
receive faxes, as like most companies they send them to you as PDF images,
but other than that it's perfect.

Hi all - I'm in need of a fax-by-email service and am wondering which are
compatible with JAWS.

Now, you might think, as I did, that the interface to the service would be
through email, so it would be as accessible (or not accessible ha ha) as MS
Outlook or whatever email client one uses. But, I started looking into eFax
just as one example, and it talked about their "friendly and easy to use web
interface", which immediately made me worry that the web interface might not
be accessible, because, as we all know, "friendly web interfaces" are all
too often NOT accessible at all.

Okay, I'll stop being bitter now and summarize my question:

Which fax-by-email services are people using, and has JAWS presented any
problem or are they pretty easy to use?

Thanks.
-Paul

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

I have the paid Myfax service (not sure if they offer anything for free), but with it I never even go to a website, it's all done by email. If I want to send a fax I simply send an email to the FaxNumber@... and attach any files I want, they can be text files, Word or Excel files, PDF files, pictures etc. You can put a name or recipient into the Subject field and then just send the email. Anything you write into the email body field is sent as a separate page.
Incoming faxes are received by email as well and the fax is a PDF attachment as James already pointed out.

Regards,
Sieghard

[...]

James Homuth

MyFax does not, in fact, offer a free option. Strictly pay to play.

Hi all - I'm in need of a fax-by-email service and am wondering which are
compatible with JAWS.

Now, you might think, as I did, that the interface to the service would be
through email, so it would be as accessible (or not accessible ha ha) as MS
Outlook or whatever email client one uses. But, I started looking into eFax
just as one example, and it talked about their "friendly and easy to use web
interface", which immediately made me worry that the web interface might not
be accessible, because, as we all know, "friendly web interfaces" are all
too often NOT accessible at all.

Okay, I'll stop being bitter now and summarize my question:

Which fax-by-email services are people using, and has JAWS presented any
problem or are they pretty easy to use?

Thanks.
-Paul

HH. Smith Jr.

Hi,

I use metro fax and it works great for me. I'd rather use myFax.com; but,
because I live in the U.S. Virgin Islands, it is considered international.

Hi all - I'm in need of a fax-by-email service and am wondering which are
compatible with JAWS.

Now, you might think, as I did, that the interface to the service would be
through email, so it would be as accessible (or not accessible ha ha) as MS
Outlook or whatever email client one uses. But, I started looking into eFax
just as one example, and it talked about their "friendly and easy to use web
interface", which immediately made me worry that the web interface might not
be accessible, because, as we all know, "friendly web interfaces" are all
too often NOT accessible at all.

Okay, I'll stop being bitter now and summarize my question:

Which fax-by-email services are people using, and has JAWS presented any
problem or are they pretty easy to use?

Thanks.
-Paul

Paul Martz <skewmatrix@...>

That's correct, there's no "free" option. But MyFax does have a 30-day trial. I signed up for it and sent my first fax
today entirely by email client, all went well. I'll tinker with their web page for changing account setting in the near
future.

Thanks for everyone's input on this.
-Paul

MyFax does not, in fact, offer a free option. Strictly pay to play.