Topics

"Get Windows 10" is back!

Tom Behler

Hello, everyone.

Well, it looks like the hour that the Microsoft Accessibility Hotline technician spent the other day trying to remove the “get windows 10” popup removed from my computer was ultimately unsuccessful.

The thing is back!

Looks like it’s time once again to call the Hotline, and have them try again!

I find this to be absolutely ridiculous!

Dr.  Tom Behler from Michigan

Brad Martin

My guess is that the Microsoft Accessibility person (who does work for Microsoft after all) didn't hide KB3035583 so it downloaded again today. You have to hide it from the list of updates, then you have to tell Windows Update you don't want recommended updates the same way as important updates, and then you have to pray.

Amen.

Brad

On 1/27/2016 8:09 PM, Tom Behler wrote:

Hello, everyone.

Well, it looks like the hour that the Microsoft Accessibility Hotline technician spent the other day trying to remove the “get windows 10” popup removed from my computer was ultimately unsuccessful.

The thing is back!

Looks like it’s time once again to call the Hotline, and have them try again!

I find this to be absolutely ridiculous!

Dr.  Tom Behler from Michigan

Tom Behler

Brad:

I asked, and she told me that she hid the KB3035583 update, but it obviously didn’t work.

Or, at least, that’s my theory.

Dr.  Tom Behler

My guess is that the Microsoft Accessibility person (who does work for Microsoft after all) didn't hide KB3035583 so it downloaded again today. You have to hide it from the list of updates, then you have to tell Windows Update you don't want recommended updates the same way as important updates, and then you have to pray.

Amen.

Brad

On 1/27/2016 8:09 PM, Tom Behler wrote:

Hello, everyone.

Well, it looks like the hour that the Microsoft Accessibility Hotline technician spent the other day trying to remove the “get windows 10” popup removed from my computer was ultimately unsuccessful.

The thing is back!

Looks like it’s time once again to call the Hotline, and have them try again!

I find this to be absolutely ridiculous!

Dr.  Tom Behler from Michigan

On Wed, Jan 27, 2016 at 07:08 pm, Tom Behler <tombehler@...> wrote:
KB3035583

 There are other updates that bring GWX back, too.  I just managed to find some of the identified updates on Bleepingcomputer.com in this post on the Windows 10 forum.  As I've said on other threads, Microsoft is being very aggressive about this.

There is a reason that I have recommended GWX Control Panel, and that is because it works in removing GWX and keeping it removed (at least in the installed version).  The developer has been very good about keeping up with the ongoing updates that launch the next attempt to install GWX on computers again.  I imagine the parade will continue at least through the end of July.

Brian

Adrian Spratt

I’m perplexed because I continue to be spared the Win10 notification. Fingers crossed.

[...]

Michael Baldwin

I know I am a bit late to this discussion, but here is a program I find that seems to do the trick. It is free, and seems to work with screen readers.

Seems to keep being updated it as Microsoft keeps finding new ways to get Windows 10 shoved down our throats.

Michael