From: Barbara [mailto:batterseye@...]
Sent: Monday, Jul 17, 2017 8:08 PM EST
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: A Couple of Questions

Hello Everyone,

I migrated to JAWS last month. I am still earning things of course.

My first question is for Windows 7, Windows Explorer. If I go through
the list of folders etc. using the up or down arrow, how do I hear the
amount of space that specific folder or drive is using?

Next I just used Duxbury for the first time since I migrated. I got a
message asking me if I wanted to have the JAWS scripts installed. I
selected yes and the Duxbury restarted as indicated. I was wondering if
there may be other JAWS scripts which I may find of use. How do I find
a list? Does Goldwave have a similar script? I did not get a similar
prompt when I used Goldwave in the past few weeks.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Barbara

.

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Barbara,

Withe a drive or folder highlighted, try the following:
1. Press, Alt + Enter, to open the drive / folder properties.
2. Route the Jaws cursor to the PC cursor by pressing, Insert / Jaws Key + NumPad Minus / Jaws cursor key.
3. Press the, Pageup / 7 key, to take the cursor to the top of the screen, & arrow down 1 line at a time to get all the size, used space, & free space information.

Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
Sent from my iBarstool.

I migrated to JAWS last month.  I am still earning things of course.

My first question is for Windows 7, Windows Explorer.  If I go through the list of folders etc. using the up or down arrow, how do I hear the amount of space that specific folder or drive is using?

Next I just used Duxbury for the first time since I migrated.  I got a message asking me  if I wanted to have the JAWS scripts installed.  I selected yes and the Duxbury restarted as indicated.  I was wondering if there may be other JAWS scripts which I may find of use.  How do I find a list?  Does Goldwave have a similar script?  I did not get a similar prompt when I used Goldwave in the past few weeks.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Barbara

Jason White

In File Explorer, make sure you're using the Details View. Move the selection to the file you're interested in, then use right-arrow until you reach the "size" column.

I migrated to JAWS last month. I am still earning things of course.

My first question is for Windows 7, Windows Explorer. If I go through the list of folders etc. using the up or down arrow, how do I hear the amount of space that specific folder or drive is using?

Next I just used Duxbury for the first time since I migrated. I got a message asking me if I wanted to have the JAWS scripts installed. I selected yes and the Duxbury restarted as indicated. I was wondering if there may be other JAWS scripts which I may find of use. How do I find a list? Does Goldwave have a similar script? I did not get a similar prompt when I used Goldwave in the past few weeks.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Barbara

Soronel Haetir

For me the size column is only filled for drive or file nodes, not
folders. The properties method will work for folders as well.

--
Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@...

Randy Barnett <randy@...>

Windows does not give size info for folders. Just files and drives. If you want to know the size of a folder you have to alt + enter on the folder then use the jaws cursor to read the size of the folder by arrowing up until you hear the size of the folder.