Problem with JAWS 18 latest version and the applications key?

Shannon

Hi all,

I was told that my install of JAWS was not performing as it should.

Last Friday I called for support on uninstalling and reinstalling JAWS.

I was told to go and get the full file of the latest release and download and install it  over the top of what I had and then to choose the repair  from the menu.

After that my computer was just acting odd in the File explorer.

I had a file I needed to rename and here was a different problem.

Today I noticed that the applications key was not working with JAWS or NVDA or WE. The pull down would not read with the keyboard. The mouse commands in all three screen readers had to be used to activate any of the choices. When this was pressed Focus was lost and I had to alt and tab back to get focus back in the explorer window.

I thought to myself what did you do last?

Today I went back to the file I downloaded on Friday, ran it again and this time chose to Uninstall JAWS. After I restarted the machine the Applications key while in the file explorer window was working again.

Has anyone ever heard of such a thing? I haven’t reinstalled JAWS yet.

Did anyone here notice anything like this?

Thanks

Shannon

Randy Barnett <randy@...>

Hi, It was just a bad install. This happens once in a while. :)