specifying where to start in goldwave

Mario

using goldwave, I want to seperate a long mp3 tutorial that contains 2
tutorials and have tried the specify command from the view menu, but the
start and finish markers are reported as being set for the same amount
of time when I press control+w after I am returned to the window.
for example, I press control+w and the start and finish markers ar
reported as being set to 24 minutes instead of the finish marker being
set to 51 minutes. and even pressing control+shift+end does not make a
difference; both markers are still reported as being set to 24 minutes.
is there another way to move the start marker to a position other than 0
while leaving the finish marker at the end of the mp3?

John Covici

just hit the left bracket key after positioning the playback cursor
where you want and that will do it.

On Mon, 17 Jul 2017 12:10:07 -0400,
Mario wrote:

using goldwave, I want to seperate a long mp3 tutorial that contains 2
tutorials and have tried the specify command from the view menu, but the
start and finish markers are reported as being set for the same amount
of time when I press control+w after I am returned to the window.
for example, I press control+w and the start and finish markers ar
reported as being set to 24 minutes instead of the finish marker being
set to 51 minutes. and even pressing control+shift+end does not make a
difference; both markers are still reported as being set to 24 minutes.
is there another way to move the start marker to a position other than 0
while leaving the finish marker at the end of the mp3?

How do
you spend it?

John Covici
covici@ccs.covici.com

Mario

yes, that'll work, but I was hoping of a way to specify where I wanted
to move the start marker to instead of scrubbing to that position.

Mario wrote:

using goldwave, I want to seperate a long mp3 tutorial that contains 2
tutorials and have tried the specify command from the view menu, but the
start and finish markers are reported as being set for the same amount
of time when I press control+w after I am returned to the window.
for example, I press control+w and the start and finish markers ar
reported as being set to 24 minutes instead of the finish marker being
set to 51 minutes. and even pressing control+shift+end does not make a
difference; both markers are still reported as being set to 24 minutes.
is there another way to move the start marker to a position other than 0
while leaving the finish marker at the end of the mp3?

John Covici

shift-e allows to specify both markers by time.

Mario wrote:

using goldwave, I want to seperate a long mp3 tutorial that contains 2
tutorials and have tried the specify command from the view menu, but the
start and finish markers are reported as being set for the same amount
of time when I press control+w after I am returned to the window.
for example, I press control+w and the start and finish markers ar
reported as being set to 24 minutes instead of the finish marker being
set to 51 minutes. and even pressing control+shift+end does not make a
difference; both markers are still reported as being set to 24 minutes.
is there another way to move the start marker to a position other than 0
while leaving the finish marker at the end of the mp3?

How do
you spend it?

John Covici
covici@ccs.covici.com

Mario

after loading the mp3, I press shift+e, tab and specify what time I want
the start marker to move to, type 00:24:00.00. then I tab to the finish
marker which is already 01:06:17.04571. but after returning to the
goldwave window, control+w reports The start marker is set at 0.000
seconds and The finish marker is set at 41 minutes 20.04 seconds.
huh?... might there be a different keystroke to hear what the start and
finish markers are set to instead of pressing control+w, because I think
that specifying the start marker is moved to 24 but is reported as being
set to 0 seconds, and that's why the finish marker is being reported as
set to 41 minutes ....

Mario wrote:

using goldwave, I want to seperate a long mp3 tutorial that contains 2
tutorials and have tried the specify command from the view menu, but the
start and finish markers are reported as being set for the same amount
of time when I press control+w after I am returned to the window.
for example, I press control+w and the start and finish markers ar
reported as being set to 24 minutes instead of the finish marker being
set to 51 minutes. and even pressing control+shift+end does not make a
difference; both markers are still reported as being set to 24 minutes.
is there another way to move the start marker to a position other than 0
while leaving the finish marker at the end of the mp3?

John Covici

I have not used the control-w keystroke. If you do a jaws-h and you
have the goldwave scripts installed, there are keystrokes to see
where the markers are.

Mario wrote:

using goldwave, I want to seperate a long mp3 tutorial that contains 2
tutorials and have tried the specify command from the view menu, but the
start and finish markers are reported as being set for the same amount
of time when I press control+w after I am returned to the window.
for example, I press control+w and the start and finish markers ar
reported as being set to 24 minutes instead of the finish marker being
set to 51 minutes. and even pressing control+shift+end does not make a
difference; both markers are still reported as being set to 24 minutes.
is there another way to move the start marker to a position other than 0
while leaving the finish marker at the end of the mp3?

How do
you spend it?

John Covici
covici@ccs.covici.com

Mario

ok,I'll take a look. thanks.

Mario wrote:

using goldwave, I want to seperate a long mp3 tutorial that contains 2
tutorials and have tried the specify command from the view menu, but the
start and finish markers are reported as being set for the same amount
of time when I press control+w after I am returned to the window.
for example, I press control+w and the start and finish markers ar
reported as being set to 24 minutes instead of the finish marker being
set to 51 minutes. and even pressing control+shift+end does not make a
difference; both markers are still reported as being set to 24 minutes.
is there another way to move the start marker to a position other than 0
while leaving the finish marker at the end of the mp3?

Richard Turner <richardturner42@...>

You may want to check out the use of queue points.
If you use control-e and get the file playing just ahead of where you want the second file to start, get it playing, and at the point you want the second file to start, hit the letter q.
On the tools menu, select cue points, tab to split file and hit enter.
You will be able to specify the folder, file names, etc.
When you get it going, it will create two files based on what you fill in etc.
The help file has gobs of gory detail on this.
HTH,
Richard

On Jul 17, 2017, at 2:22 PM, Mario <mrb620@hotmail.com> wrote:

ok,I'll take a look. thanks.