Help with browsing history IE 11 & Jaws 18

Laura Richardson

I’m reposting my question below because I forgot to include the version of Jaws I use ……

Jaws 18 & IE 11 …… Sorry about that ……

Hello,

A few weeks ago I wanted to automatically delete my browsing history and cache and cookies when leaving the internet.  I pressed control + shift +delete and tabbed through and checked or unchecked a couple of things to do this.

I would like to go back to the way it was before I made these changes but I’m not sure what needs to be checked or unchecked.  Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Laura

HH. Smith Jr.

Hi Laura,

Go to your internet options and make sure delete browsing history upon exit in the general tab is unchecked.

I’m reposting my question below because I forgot to include the version of Jaws I use ……

Jaws 18 & IE 11 …… Sorry about that ……

Hello,

A few weeks ago I wanted to automatically delete my browsing history and cache and cookies when leaving the internet.  I pressed control + shift +delete and tabbed through and checked or unchecked a couple of things to do this.

I would like to go back to the way it was before I made these changes but I’m not sure what needs to be checked or unchecked.  Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Laura

HH. Smith Jr.

tab a couple times to find the checkbox.

Go to your internet options and make sure delete browsing history upon exit in the general tab is unchecked.

I’m reposting my question below because I forgot to include the version of Jaws I use ……

Jaws 18 & IE 11 …… Sorry about that ……

Hello,

A few weeks ago I wanted to automatically delete my browsing history and cache and cookies when leaving the internet.  I pressed control + shift +delete and tabbed through and checked or unchecked a couple of things to do this.

I would like to go back to the way it was before I made these changes but I’m not sure what needs to be checked or unchecked.  Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Laura

Laura Richardson

I followed these steps and was able to uncheck that box …… thank you.  The changes I made before were in the delete browsing history dialog (control + shift + delete).

There are three items I’m not sure whether they need to be checked on or not:

1.  Preserve web sites data

2.  Temporary internet files and web site files

3.  Cookies and web site data

Also, the only choice at the end of tabbing through the dialog box is delete or cancel (there is not an okay option).  Do I need to select delete to make any changes stick?

Laura

tab a couple times to find the checkbox.

Go to your internet options and make sure delete browsing history upon exit in the general tab is unchecked.

I’m reposting my question below because I forgot to include the version of Jaws I use ……

Jaws 18 & IE 11 …… Sorry about that ……

Hello,

A few weeks ago I wanted to automatically delete my browsing history and cache and cookies when leaving the internet.  I pressed control + shift +delete and tabbed through and checked or unchecked a couple of things to do this.

I would like to go back to the way it was before I made these changes but I’m not sure what needs to be checked or unchecked.  Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Laura

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

I would leave Cookies and Website data unchecked for now, especially if you use your web browser to do OnLine banking. This is because often, your bank puts a cookie in your browser to remember location and other important data.

If you want to delete your cookies later, you can always check this box temporarily and then uncheck it again, once the cookies are deleted for that one operation.

Bill White

Billwhite92701@...

tab a couple times to find the checkbox.

Go to your internet options and make sure delete browsing history upon exit in the general tab is unchecked.

I’m reposting my question below because I forgot to include the version of Jaws I use ……

Jaws 18 & IE 11 …… Sorry about that ……

Hello,

A few weeks ago I wanted to automatically delete my browsing history and cache and cookies when leaving the internet.  I pressed control + shift +delete and tabbed through and checked or unchecked a couple of things to do this.

I would like to go back to the way it was before I made these changes but I’m not sure what needs to be checked or unchecked.  Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Laura

Laura Richardson

Do you have any suggestions regarding whether to check or uncheck the other two items I listed?

[...]

I would uncheck both of these items.

Bill White

Billwhite92701@...