Taking a Screenshot of a Print Page using JAWS

Rick Miller

Dear Listers:

I am having trouble with a printed page, and a technician is asking me to send s screenshot to him.  He told me to print the page using the Print Screen page and then paste it into a document.  I tried that, but it didn’t work.  Have any of you ever taken a screenshot using JAWS?  If so, how did you go about it?

Rick Miller

Randy Barnett <randy@...>

If you hit print screen then open word then paste special it will ask you if you want to paste as a device independant bitmap. This tells you it is there. You wont have any other feedback since it is an image.

On 7/14/2017 8:26 PM, Rick Miller wrote:

Dear Listers:

I am having trouble with a printed page, and a technician is asking me to send s screenshot to him.  He told me to print the page using the Print Screen page and then paste it into a document.  I tried that, but it didn’t work.  Have any of you ever taken a screenshot using JAWS?  If so, how did you go about it?

Rick Miller

Rick Miller

What do you mean by paste special?  Isn’t the keystroke just the Control+V keystroke?

Rick Miller

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Randy Barnett
Sent: Friday, July 14, 2017 8:38 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Taking a Screenshot of a Print Page using JAWS

If you hit print screen then open word then paste special it will ask you if you want to paste as a device independant bitmap. This tells you it is there. You wont have any other feedback since it is an image.

Dear Listers:

Rick Miller

Randy Barnett <randy@...>

Yes but if you want to be sure it is pasting an image go into the menu and under clip board select paste special. then you can see that there is a .bmp. image being pasted. Otherwise you have no way of telling if it did paste the screen shot.

Jaws wont say image or anything...
On 7/14/2017 9:11 PM, Rick Miller wrote:

What do you mean by paste special?  Isn’t the keystroke just the Control+V keystroke?

Rick Miller

Dear Listers:

Rick Miller

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Rick,

The Paste Special keystroke for Word is, Control, Alt, + V.
Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
Sent from my iBarstool.
Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement.  In the end you have to ignore everything, & click I agree.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, July 14, 2017 9:11 PM

Rick Miller

Dear Listers:

Rick Miller

John Martyn

When you hit the print screen button on your computer it automatically copies it to the clipboard and what you do is you go into paint program, then you hit control V to paste it in there and save it as a document and send that back to the technician, hope this helps. John Martin MARTYN

On Fri, Jul 14, 2017 at 11:40 PM Mike B. <mb69mach1@...> wrote:
Hi Rick,

Sent from my iBarstool.
Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement.  In the end you have to ignore everything, & click I agree.

Rick Miller

Dear Listers:

Rick Miller

Rick Miller

How do you go into the menu and find the clipboard?

Rick Miller

Sent: Friday, July 14, 2017 9:27 PM

Yes but if you want to be sure it is pasting an image go into the menu and under clip board select paste special. then you can see that there is a .bmp. image being pasted. Otherwise you have no way of telling if it did paste the screen shot.

Jaws wont say image or anything...
On 7/14/2017 9:11 PM, Rick Miller wrote:

Rick Miller

Dear Listers:

Rick Miller

Rick Miller

How do you go into paint program?  That’s the part of it I don’t understand.

Rick Miller

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of John Martyn
Sent: Saturday, July 15, 2017 6:26 AM

When you hit the print screen button on your computer it automatically copies it to the clipboard and what you do is you go into paint program, then you hit control V to paste it in there and save it as a document and send that back to the technician, hope this helps. John Martin MARTYN

Hi Rick,

Sent from my iBarstool.

Rick Miller

Dear Listers:

Rick Miller

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Rick,

Open All Programs from the start menu, open accessories, & arrow down to, Paint.
Sent from my iBarstool.

Sent: Saturday, July 15, 2017 8:07 PM

Rick Miller

Hi Rick,

Sent from my iBarstool.

Rick Miller

Dear Listers:

Rick Miller

Rick Miller

There must be something different in Windows 10.  On the Start menu I cannot find anything that says All Programs.  And when I open Programs there are no Accessories.

Rick Miller

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mike B.
Sent: Saturday, July 15, 2017 8:57 PM

Hi Rick,

Open All Programs from the start menu, open accessories, & arrow down to, Paint.

Sent from my iBarstool.

Rick Miller

Hi Rick,

Sent from my iBarstool.

Rick Miller

Dear Listers:

Rick Miller

Jeff Christiansen

Just press the windowsKey, then type paint, and then press

enter

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Rick Miller
Sent: Sunday, July 16, 2017 7:32 PM

There must be something different in Windows 10.  On the Start menu I cannot find anything that says All Programs.  And when I open Programs there are no Accessories.

Rick Miller

Hi Rick,

Sent from my iBarstool.

Rick Miller

Hi Rick,

Sent from my iBarstool.

Rick Miller

Dear Listers:

Rick Miller

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

If you have Dropbox or OneDrive it is easiest to just enable Screenshots in either one of these programs. If you do and press Printscreen a screenshot is saved to a folder called Screenshots, this folder is either in your Dropbox or OneDrive folder depending on what you use. I find this by far the easiest way to get screenshots, all you have to do is press one key, then go to that folder and you can copy the file and paste it as an attachment to an email or attach it if you are filling out a web-based service request.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jeff Christiansen
Sent: Sunday, July 16, 2017 6:36 PM

enter

Rick Miller

Hi Rick,

Sent from my iBarstool.

Rick Miller

Hi Rick,

Sent from my iBarstool.

Rick Miller

Dear Listers:

Rick Miller

Kramlinger, Keith G., M.D.

Hi Sieghard,

I’ve looked in my Dropbox, but can’t find a way to enable screenshots. Can you please provide more info?

Thanks, Keith

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Thursday, July 20, 2017 4:06 PM

If you have Dropbox or OneDrive it is easiest to just enable Screenshots in either one of these programs. If you do and press Printscreen a screenshot is saved to a folder called Screenshots, this folder is either in your Dropbox or OneDrive folder depending on what you use. I find this by far the easiest way to get screenshots, all you have to do is press one key, then go to that folder and you can copy the file and paste it as an attachment to an email or attach it if you are filling out a web-based service request.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jeff Christiansen

enter

Rick Miller

Hi Rick,

Sent from my iBarstool.

Rick Miller

Hi Rick,

Sent from my iBarstool.

Rick Miller

Dear Listers:

Rick Miller

Hi Keith,

Bring up the Dropbox icon in the system tray, if you press enter you should get a menu and one of the items should be “Preferences”.

Once you press enter on that and are in the preferences you’ll have I think 5 tabs, General, Account, Import, Bandwidth and Proxy.

You have to use the arrow keys, tab works, but Control tab to go to a different tab/page not so much.

In any case, the item you want is under the Import tab, it says:

Share screenshots using Dropbox check box not checked

If you check this every time you press the Print Screen key a screenshot will be saved and the first time you do it a “Screenshots” folder will be automatically created in your Dropbox folder.

If you have the Leasey Advanced scripts this will use the Print Screen button and you have to use the pass-key through key “Jaws Key+3” before pressing the Print Screen key.

Take care,

Sieghard

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Kramlinger, Keith G., M.D.
Sent: Thursday, July 20, 2017 3:04 PM

Hi Sieghard,

I’ve looked in my Dropbox, but can’t find a way to enable screenshots. Can you please provide more info?

Thanks, Keith

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel

enter

Rick Miller

Hi Rick,

Sent from my iBarstool.

Rick Miller

Hi Rick,

Sent from my iBarstool.

Rick Miller

Dear Listers:

Rick Miller

Alan Robbins <alan1057@...>

Sieghard,

Never realized this. Just followed your instructions and did a test. Works great, will keep this for future reference should I ever need to send a screen shot.

Best,

Al

Sent: Thursday, July 20, 2017 10:26 PM

Hi Keith,

Bring up the Dropbox icon in the system tray, if you press enter you should get a menu and one of the items should be “Preferences”.

Once you press enter on that and are in the preferences you’ll have I think 5 tabs, General, Account, Import, Bandwidth and Proxy.

You have to use the arrow keys, tab works, but Control tab to go to a different tab/page not so much.

If you check this every time you press the Print Screen key a screenshot will be saved and the first time you do it a “Screenshots” folder will be automatically created in your Dropbox folder.

If you have the Leasey Advanced scripts this will use the Print Screen button and you have to use the pass-key through key “Jaws Key+3” before pressing the Print Screen key.

Take care,

Sieghard

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Kramlinger, Keith G., M.D.

Hi Sieghard,

Thanks, Keith

enter

Rick Miller

Hi Rick,

Sent from my iBarstool.

Rick Miller

Hi Rick,

Sent from my iBarstool.

Rick Miller

Dear Listers:

Rick Miller

This works equally with Dropbox or OneDrive, both offer the same feature, but if somebody has both Dropbox and OneDrive you have to decide which one to use, don’t think it works with both simultaneously..

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Alan Robbins
Sent: Friday, July 21, 2017 4:56 PM

Sieghard,

Never realized this. Just followed your instructions and did a test. Works great, will keep this for future reference should I ever need to send a screen shot.

Best,

Al

Sent: Thursday, July 20, 2017 10:26 PM

Hi Keith,

Take care,

Sieghard

Hi Sieghard,

Thanks, Keith

enter

Rick Miller

Hi Rick,

Sent from my iBarstool.

Rick Miller

Hi Rick,

Sent from my iBarstool.

Rick Miller

Dear Listers:

Rick Miller